Potential new hunter pets in WoD

Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Re: Potential new hunter pets in WoD

Unread post by Wain »

jensketch wrote:There are GOBS of pets that are in tameable families that aren't flagged as tameable. Did you need help with that?
Definitely, please! :) Just need to confirm what on the list is and isn't tameable now. Some of those checks are probably very old. I'm adding a date to the notes when I'm checking them so I know they're recent.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Amusing tame of the day. In the pre-Garrison phase of Frostwall some of the Frostfire Gronnlings carry a little clefthoof in their hands.

If you aggro the gronnling it throws its clefthoof away, but if you're sneaky and don't aggro you can tame it right out of the gronnling's hands! It then throws the clefthoof away, chases and attacks it and you help your new pet get revenge ;)

The clefthoof is the Icehoof Calf and it comes in blue and white.

I think those mobs vanish when you build your Horde garrison, but it's possible that Alliance hunters will still see them. I'm not sure.

I thought it was cute, anyway :)
Attachments
IcehoofCalf.png
IcehoofCalf.png (349.61 KiB) Viewed 2564 times
Bendak
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Whisperwind

Unread post by Bendak »

Wain wrote:Amusing tame of the day. In the pre-Garrison phase of Frostwall some of the Frostfire Gronnlings carry a little clefthoof in their hands.

If you aggro the gronnling it throws its clefthoof away, but if you're sneaky and don't aggro you can tame it right out of the gronnling's hands! It then throws the clefthoof away, chases and attacks it and you help your new pet get revenge ;)

The clefthoof is the Icehoof Calf and it comes in blue and white.

I think those mobs vanish when you build your Horde garrison, but it's possible that Alliance hunters will still see them. I'm not sure.

I thought it was cute, anyway :)
Funny, though when I stopped by as Alliance the horde garrison was devoid of all NPCs. Maybe they'll change it.
Eyes of the Beast - My Hunter Blog
Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Unread post by Kurasu »

I have a suggestion: make a thread for 'Untameable beasts in families that should be tameable'? That would make it a lot easier to find for the big taming pass.
Come see Kurasu's stables!
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Kurasu wrote:I have a suggestion: make a thread for 'Untameable beasts in families that should be tameable'? That would make it a lot easier to find for the big taming pass.
Yeah, we're trying to come up a list at the moment :) That's why we're trying to get the other thread up to date.
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

Updating this list, as with most he does, is a ridiculously MASSIVE amount of work to sort/find/catalog/etc. It's nice to assume as he's doing it because he loves more work, but he's mainly doing it for us and blizzard alike. I literally can not think of one other person on this forum (or any other to be frank) who could or would ever put this amount of work and dedication back into a fan site, for years on end, for NOTHING in return (no, he does not get paid)

I also know that Wain has a full time job, implements/maintains/codes/researches and generally runs 2, full and very busy websites with little to no help in those areas, and then stays up to 2am+ (far to often!) collating what pet, with what ID, in what Family, in what Area, in what Zone, that is and isn't tamable.... just in case it's helpful for others.

Not saying that we aren't grateful because I'm sure we all are (I sure as shit ams) but a I also little thanks goes a long way... So just putting it out there....

Thanks again Mr Wain, from all the hunters and devs alike. :hug:

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Shade
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Alliance: Garona; Horde: Nordrassil

Unread post by Shade »

SpiritBinder wrote:Updating this list, as with most he does, is a ridiculously MASSIVE amount of work to sort/find/catalog/etc. It's nice to assume as he's doing it because he loves more work, but he's mainly doing it for us and blizzard alike. I literally can not think of one other person on this forum (or any other to be frank) who could or would ever put this amount of work and dedication back into a fan site, for years on end, for NOTHING in return (no, he does not get paid)

I also know that Wain has a full time job, implements/maintains/codes/researches and generally runs 2, full and very busy websites with little to no help in those areas, and then stays up to 2am+ (far to often!) collating what pet, with what ID, in what Family, in what Area, in what Zone, that is and isn't tamable.... just in case it's helpful for others.

Not saying that we aren't grateful because I'm sure we all are (I sure as shit ams) but a I also little thanks goes a long way... So just putting it out there....

Seconded!

*blinks* I always thought of Wain as female for some odd reason..
Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Shade wrote:
SpiritBinder wrote:Updating this list, as with most he does, is a ridiculously MASSIVE amount of work to sort/find/catalog/etc. It's nice to assume as he's doing it because he loves more work, but he's mainly doing it for us and blizzard alike. I literally can not think of one other person on this forum (or any other to be frank) who could or would ever put this amount of work and dedication back into a fan site, for years on end, for NOTHING in return (no, he does not get paid)

Seconded!

*blinks* I always thought of Wain as female for some odd reason..
Thirded Thank you Wain and devs and peoples! :hug:

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

Quivering wrote:
Kayro wrote:Why can't us hunters control 2 pets at once? Perhaps if they weren't exotic? Then I could be the stag master! Mwahahahahahaaaa!
Well if the Hunter Leader would, I don't know, TEACH US then we could :D

And yep they're pets. Not guardians or minions... pets. In game precedence is all I'm saying...

(the above is a poor MSpaint mashup of two beta screenshots fyi)
Don't forget about Houndmaster Jonathan in Farwatcher's Glen, Stonetalon Mountains!! He has two pets!! Two mastiffs. A black named Vera and a red named Lolo. He even gives you a quest called "Hungry Pups" to feed them because he ran out of food.

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

Shade wrote:*blinks* I always thought of Wain as female for some odd reason..
.... only on Saturday evenings, LATE! Saturday eve. Though apparently looks absolutely smashing in his lovely red dress, well that's the word on the street. ;)

Attachments
Little Red.jpg
Little Red.jpg (352.58 KiB) Viewed 2564 times

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
zedxrgal

Oh my gawsh :lol:

That is ............... :lol: ................oh my ...............

zedxrgal

I'm a loser for completely missing this post. But

You rock. Thank you for all you do!!

Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn

Unread post by Krysteena »

SpiritBinder wrote:
.... only on Saturday evenings, LATE! Saturday eve. Though apparently looks absolutely smashing in his lovely red dress, well that's the word on the street. ;)

Wain...I never knew you could be so feminine...

Fourhterd-erd it? Fitherd-erd it? Umm...I don't think they're words....
Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

SpiritBinder wrote:

:lol: I'm so done.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Damn, I really shouldn't have uploaded my personal photos to the Cloud. :/

Really, thank you guys but it's something I enjoy and it helps Mania out and she's a very lovely person :)
Redith
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: several

Unread post by Redith »

zedxrgal wrote:
Quivering wrote:
Kayro wrote:Why can't us hunters control 2 pets at once? Perhaps if they weren't exotic? Then I could be the stag master! Mwahahahahahaaaa!
Well if the Hunter Leader would, I don't know, TEACH US then we could :D

Don't forget about Houndmaster Jonathan in Farwatcher's Glen, Stonetalon Mountains!! He has two pets!! Two mastiffs. A black named Vera and a red named Lolo. He even gives you a quest called "Hungry Pups" to feed them because he ran out of food.

OMG I WANT TO DO THIS< EVEN IF IT IS WITH 1 DOG
Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade, Frostwolf, Proudmoore

Unread post by Lupen202 »

It would be pretty awesome if hunters got some cosmetic items similar to those mini/battle pets have. We have a glyph for fetch, much like battle pets have the ball (difference being though is that they fetch loot), but it'd be great to get some leashes and/or collars for hunter pets as well. They could come in cloth, leather or chain. The effect can last until the pet is dismissed.

But I still hope we get to tame pets with special visuals in the future... then we can get some pets with permanent collars. I know that tiger in Jade forest has a collar, for example. I think some beasts in WoD will have some too and I know I'm missing others.

God that'll be the day...

Neiara - NE Hunter - Burning Blade (US) - Denial of Service

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Loki
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Loki »

Lupen202 wrote:It would be pretty awesome if hunters got some cosmetic items similar to those mini/battle pets have. We have a glyph for fetch, much like battle pets have the ball (difference being though is that they fetch loot), but it'd be great to get some leashes and/or collars for hunter pets as well. They could come in cloth, leather or chain. The effect can last until the pet is dismissed.

But I still hope we get to tame pets with special visuals in the future... then we can get some pets with permanent collars. I know that tiger in Jade forest has a collar, for example. I think some beasts in WoD will have some too and I know I'm missing others.

God that'll be the day...
Yeah, you used to be able to do this; I think I still have the collared tiger on my main. I don't think we ever heard back from the one post that they were going to try and put some tech for "safe" buff tames in that couldn't be used for gameplay-affecting damage buffs, but hopefully it's still something they'll work on in the future.

Avatar made by the awesome LupisDarkmoon. Tameable giraffes please!

Pets Wishlist:
Goats
Yaks
Shoveltusks
Stags
Talbuks/Gazelles
Giraffes!

WoD and Legion best expansions! 6 down, 1 to go!

Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade, Frostwolf, Proudmoore

Unread post by Lupen202 »

I had the Lone hunter and the oil stained wolf, but I might've had others... Was stupid and abandoned them. :\ Same with the ghost hydra but at least we're getting hydras back.

It really would be awesome to get some visual effects for pets; I hope they'll be able to get it working. :(

Neiara - NE Hunter - Burning Blade (US) - Denial of Service

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Drenden/illidan

Unread post by SylviaDragon »

Lupen202 wrote:I had the Lone hunter and the oil stained wolf, but I might've had others... Was stupid and abandoned them. :\ Same with the ghost hydra but at least we're getting hydras back.

It really would be awesome to get some visual effects for pets; I hope they'll be able to get it working. :(

I have high hopes for this as well. Its probably not a big priority for them but i hope to see it happen some day. Even if it means I cant be a special snowflake anymore. I want others to enjoy special pets as well - plus it would be nice if i could bring my chain kitty out without instantly becoming paranoid that something will happen to her xD