Raise hunter pet from rare or legendary eggs

Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Re: Raise hunter pet from rare or legendary eggs

Unread post by Sukurachi »

What could be fun is making the egg of some already-available hunter pet, BUT... giving it an aura effect of some kind. In the same way that adding an enchantment to a weapon gives it a glow. I don't know something that just came to me. I'd kill for a Wind Serpent that had a purely visual "lightning" effect around it.

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Ickabob
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Ickabob »

I could just see what would happen if we get a legendary pet. We spend all this time getting it and then our raid leader would still ask for a damned sporebat.
Snowwalker
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Suramar

Unread post by Snowwalker »

Legendary sporebat for.. the.... win.... ... Mebbe?

I'd still love to see us be able to have something special for our efforts. My thought has always leaned towards, and I know it would take some doing that they probably don't wanna have/ have the time to do but.. Pet collars you can gem like our gear. They could be something completely non-visual to avoid that complication, but collar slots. Then you could have some variety without so much the snowflake aspect.

I'd love to see where you could raise a pet, and perhaps what you feed it alters it's stats a few points personally. You learn to make a livetrap, you go out to areas and look for dens or nests... Work it like fishing. You have so long you have to feed it for after that, and what you feed it works towards upping certain stats. Nothing drastic. Or perhaps special colors or effects are available only by this method.

I know we'd never be allowed to work up an uber pet, but it would be nice if we're willing to put in the effort to earn a little something special.

Slickrock
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter

Unread post by Slickrock »

Slight sidetrack. I'd like to see something come out of archeology to be a hunter pet, and that could tie into some of the ideas presented here,
Account has been closed at user's request.
erictks1
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Hydraxis

Unread post by erictks1 »

Slickrock wrote:Slight sidetrack. I'd like to see something come out of archeology to be a hunter pet, and that could tie into some of the ideas presented here,
Sounds nice too .... Just like the SB quest with NPC digging for eggs which yield a green proto drake by pure chance. So we can have a relatively random looking pet by chances some with display aura , some with nice appearance maybe the ultimate one will be a proto drake pet which will cheer my day off lol
Spirithound
Realm: Illidan

Unread post by Spirithound »

Great idea, hope to get an armored beast pop up from eggs. Which we can change their appearance at will. I think this is kinda epic. Legendary appearance.
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

Regarding the Archeology related pet, it would be pretty dam easy to add something with little not no effort what so ever. There are already the Ancient Horror that randomly spawn when completing a dig in Pandaria, they could just add in different Mobs that spawn with current untamable skins skins like..

and

or who knows, maybe even certain skeletal Raptor and Windserpents <.<

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­