WoD - the 7 new rare mounts

Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Aroim
Pet Finder

Re: WoD - the 7 new rare mounts

Unread post by Aroim »

Abraxusta wrote:
Aroim wrote:
pathrunner kill.jpg
from the first shot to the death of the Talbuk ca. 1 minute with Stampede and the Garrison Guards
the corpse disappeared after 3-4 minutes

Was that your first kill or another from the last screen? But you have not his way he runs persecuted? As he is always running example. etc.?
the first and only, He runs back and forth on his spawn point
jensketch
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Stormrage

Unread post by jensketch »

I'm sitting at the spot he was killed in the screenshots on beta. Instead of just killing him - if I see him, ever, I'll try to follow him to get an actual patrol area.

Got nothing else to do!
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

Interesting, so Pathrunner has more than one spawn point because I killed it in the upper portion of the zone. Not terribly surprising really.
jensketch
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Stormrage

Unread post by jensketch »

So far I haven't seen hide nor hair of him - but I did go out to dinner, so there was a window in there 8)
Abraxusta

Unread post by Abraxusta »

Hm, nothing to see and no news :?
Danielfboone
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Draka

Unread post by Danielfboone »

I'm wondering if Pathrunner still exists. I patrolled that area and found a different elite Talbuk called Shinri. Actually, he's a ghost Talbuk and drops a mount called Spirit of Shinri that is only usable at level 100 and only in Shadowmoon Valley. I watched him being killed and then found and killed him myself about 5 minutes later. He was easily soloed by my level 94 Hunter, Malaghan. I did get the mount too but can't use it.
http://beta.wowhead.com/npc=82415

Checking Wowhead, it says that Pathrunner is not in WoD.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

Danielfboone wrote:I'm wondering if Pathrunner still exists. I patrolled that area and found a different elite Talbuk called Shinri. Actually, he's a ghost Talbuk and drops a mount called Spirit of Shinri that is only usable at level 100 and only in Shadowmoon Valley. I watched him being killed and then found and killed him myself about 5 minutes later. He was easily soloed by my level 94 Hunter, Malaghan. I did get the mount too but can't use it.
http://beta.wowhead.com/npc=82415

Checking Wowhead, it says that Pathrunner is not in WoD.
I've wondered the same thing. I have the Pathrunner mount from when I killed it in an earlier patch, and so far we've discovered at least two spawn areas. There could be more, and combine that with possibly long spawn timers, it could just be bad luck. I have been looking for the others as well with no luck. I am particularly interested in Poundfist in Gorgrond.

That Shinri "mount" reminds me of the yak/mushan items you get that spawn a huge fast mount that lasts for a short time in Pandaria. Looks like Shinri is limited to SMV. Gonna have to see if I can find him on beta!

Edit: Guess I'm lucky, got Shinri. His item is just like the yak/mushran big fast summoned mounts, except his item is limited to SMV and is not consumed but on a 1 hour CD.
Danielfboone
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Draka

Unread post by Danielfboone »

I found Garn Nighthowl (not Nok-Karosh) at 15.4, 56.2 in Frostfire Ridge and he pwned me and my pet in about 7 seconds lol.