Possible return of tome of dinomancy version 2.0

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
erictks1
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Hydraxis

Possible return of tome of dinomancy version 2.0

Unread post by erictks1 »

Personally I love the idea of tome of dinomancy, hope blizzard bring it back in WOD. Maybe allow us to tame proto drake.
Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Re: Possible return of tome of dinomancy version 2.0

Unread post by Lisaara »

Only reason Zaela had the proto drakes in her control was because of the Dragon Soul(aka the Demon Soul). So this is highly unlikely. I wouldn't mind a tome return but I'd rather it not be for any draconic creatures what so ever. Maybe something like like to tame pterrodaxes or kuchongs.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

/bitter laughing

I am so tired of the tamable dragon debates we never get anywhere on those.

ANYWAYS, yeah pterrodaxes would be cool. Gryphons/hippogryph/wyvern would be neat if they'd shrink and scale properly next to a hunter. (And as long as they weren't BM only /innocent whistling)

Maybe just different unique skins could be neat. Like the hunter pet challenges, or I guess Gara.
Danielfboone
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Draka

Unread post by Danielfboone »

If they do have another tome type thing, they should make it harder to get. The first one was disappointing because it was too easy. I personally hope it would be a tome of flight and start a quest chain to learn flying in Draenor.
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Azunara wrote:/bitter laughing

I am so tired of the tamable dragon debates we never get anywhere on those.

ANYWAYS, yeah pterrodaxes would be cool. Gryphons/hippogryph/wyvern would be neat if they'd shrink and scale properly next to a hunter. (And as long as they weren't BM only /innocent whistling)

Maybe just different unique skins could be neat. Like the hunter pet challenges, or I guess Gara.
I'm right there with ya.....hooboy.

Definitely would be cool. :D

I wouldn't want it to be harder to get considering for me....the tome was hard the first time around. Those dinomancers killed me plenty of times and I don't enjoy spending 10+ hrs trying to get a tome just to tame something. If anything, it should be a hunter only questline.

LisaaraPokefarm

Danielfboone
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Wow, I never got killed by a Dinomancer and got the tome on like the third kill. It was way too easy.
Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Unread post by Sukurachi »

I gotta ask a quick question: I never made it to the Isle of Giants. I have no idea how to even get to it or where it is. Is there a flight path? A bread crumb quest that sends you there?

And most importantly, has the HP of the mobs there been adjusted with patch 6.0?

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Danielfboone
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

There is a flight path but only after you go there the first time. You have to fly on a mount the first time but fly low because the mist around the island will dismount you before you get there. You have to fly through a period of fatigue as well. The island is located north of Kun-Lai Summit and will show on your map. It is actually directly north of Zouchin Village.

Since all the other MoP creatures have had their stats squished, I'm sure the ones on the Isle have as well.
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Danielfboone wrote:Wow, I never got killed by a Dinomancer and got the tome on like the third kill. It was way too easy.
Yeah you just go lucky. Me, I was camping for hours and they would kill me if I wasn't on that interrupt like crazy.

LisaaraPokefarm

Tahlian
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Feathermoon

Unread post by Tahlian »

What Junrei said. Be glad you got lucky...I had difficulty getting that tome to drop myself.

Here there be dragons... http://dragcave.net/user/Tahlian

And here there be more dragons, too...http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=22415

Krauth
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Bleeding Hollow

Unread post by Krauth »

Skyscreamers tameable plz.
Novikova
Realm: Moooooooon Guard. SC/FM.

Unread post by Novikova »

Junrei wrote:
Danielfboone wrote:Wow, I never got killed by a Dinomancer and got the tome on like the third kill. It was way too easy.
Yeah you just go lucky. Me, I was camping for hours and they would kill me if I wasn't on that interrupt like crazy.
Yeah, he got really lucky. I ended up organizing groups of hunters so we didn't die horribly and we still farmed almost all day.
Image Sofia, the remarkably purple spirit cat as drawn by Ket Shi. :D

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

Danielfboone wrote:If they do have another tome type thing, they should make it harder to get. The first one was disappointing because it was too easy. I personally hope it would be a tome of flight and start a quest chain to learn flying in Draenor.
I'm gonna go with a "Ummmm What the?!??" on this. Your reply has has very... very little to do with the topic apart from the word tome, just sounds like your kind of bitter about not being able to fly straight away in draenor? If you feel particularly vexed about the lack of flight during leveling, maybe you could start another thread about it.

Also go roll a fresh lvl 90, without any timeless isle Gear (as there was none around at the time of the isle's release) , then go the dino Isle and yes, you'll likely get your back side handed to you from a Dinomancer. Not very fair or appropriate to dismiss someones struggle with a mob when you have no idea what their gear level was.

On Topic. As I mentioned in another post, Dread Ravens would make a great candidate for this expansion due to relevance and continuity, however I keep forgetting about Kuchongs. They really would be great if they could be retro fitted. Maybe Kalixi rep related, or maybe dug up via archeology, regardless of the implementation style, I always did think they were pretty dam cool :)

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Novikova
Realm: Moooooooon Guard. SC/FM.

Unread post by Novikova »

And don't forget:

1) Competition for the mobs from other hunters or people wanting mini-pets. Griefers existed, too.
2) Patrolling elites versus a smaller farm area. Sure, there were dinomancers among the dinos... Better hope no one drags a few around.
3) RNG is RNG. No matter how low the drop rate is, someone's gonna get it in their first few kills while some poor sap has to set up a home on the island to farm the darn thing. I honestly have a hard time counting RNG as a 'difficulty' because you can't really do anything about it besides try to kill more mobs.
Image Sofia, the remarkably purple spirit cat as drawn by Ket Shi. :D

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!
Danielfboone
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

SpiritBinder wrote:
Danielfboone wrote:If they do have another tome type thing, they should make it harder to get. The first one was disappointing because it was too easy. I personally hope it would be a tome of flight and start a quest chain to learn flying in Draenor.
I'm gonna go with a "Ummmm What the?!??" on this. Your reply has has very... very little to do with the topic apart from the word tome, just sounds like your kind of bitter about not being able to fly straight away in draenor? If you feel particularly vexed about the lack of flight during leveling, maybe you could start another thread about it.

Also go roll a fresh lvl 90, without any timeless isle Gear (as there was none around at the time of the isle's release) , then go the dino Isle and yes, you'll likely get your back side handed to you from a Dinomancer. Not very fair or appropriate to dismiss someones struggle with a mob when you have no idea what their gear level was.

On Topic. As I mentioned in another post, Dread Ravens would make a great candidate for this expansion due to relevance and continuity, however I keep forgetting about Kuchongs. They really would be great if they could be retro fitted. Maybe Kalixi rep related, or maybe dug up via archeology, regardless of the implementation style, I always did think they were pretty dam cool :)
Just WOW. When I got the tome, I didn't have any Timeless gear at all since it didn't exist yet and was killing the guys with no problem. I was even using a ferocity pet and frequently didn't even worry about the interrupt. I got the tome easily and then continued killing them until I got all of the minipets. Therefore, I stand by my statement that it was too easy. Of course, I did have to be careful about which ones I attacked and did get killed if something else aggroed. One on one, they never killed me.

As far as the flying thing goes, I'm perfectly content with there being none during leveling since that's how it's always been. I was just talking about when (and if) it does get introduced.
Since it would be another tome like thing if it happens, it has perfect validity in this thread.
Danielfboone
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

My real issue with the tome wasn't about how hard or easy it was to get, it was that getting it was all you needed to do. There wasn't any story line connected to it that explained what it would do. It was just something that if you hadn't read websites that you would get and not know what is was for.

In my opinion, it should have started a 4 or 5 step quest line where the first step was to have it interpreted and explained by someone. It was built up to be a lot more interesting than it turned out to be. If there is another tome thing in WoD,no matter what it teaches, if it's done the same way as last time,I'd just as soon it isn't done at all.
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

** EDIT **
Deleting my own post, I'll take it elsewhere.

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Equeon
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Thorium Brotherhood

Unread post by Equeon »

Danielfboone wrote:Just WOW. When I got the tome, I didn't have any Timeless gear at all since it didn't exist yet and was killing the guys with no problem. I was even using a ferocity pet and frequently didn't even worry about the interrupt. I got the tome easily and then continued killing them until I got all of the minipets. Therefore, I stand by my statement that it was too easy. Of course, I did have to be careful about which ones I attacked and did get killed if something else aggroed. One on one, they never killed me.

As far as the flying thing goes, I'm perfectly content with there being none during leveling since that's how it's always been. I was just talking about when (and if) it does get introduced.
Since it would be another tome like thing if it happens, it has perfect validity in this thread.
I gotta side with Danielfboone here. When I farmed for the Tome, I was using maybe dungeon blues or some Mogushan-LFR loot for gear and could solo the dinomancers without a problem. If two pulled, that would be super risky, possible death. If any sort of dinosaur pulled, that was also death - but getting the tome wasn't particularly difficult, just tedious.
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Considering most were always in pairs or a group, it was very easy to get two at a time.

LisaaraPokefarm

Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

Danielfboone wrote:Just WOW. When I got the tome, I didn't have any Timeless gear at all since it didn't exist yet and was killing the guys with no problem. I was even using a ferocity pet and frequently didn't even worry about the interrupt. I got the tome easily and then continued killing them until I got all of the minipets. Therefore, I stand by my statement that it was too easy. Of course, I did have to be careful about which ones I attacked and did get killed if something else aggroed. One on one, they never killed me.
To be fair - just because it was easy for YOU doesn't make it easy for other people. You might be super leet pro with rng luck of a blizzard dev but hey not everyone does so talking down to others who struggled doesn't validate your point. Rng is Rng. I was in heroic/elite gear at the time so I could handle 1 or 2 at a time BUT I can see how that would of sucked for others in quest gear. And it took me a few hours as I remember to get mine.

Add into the fact competition on the island (especially as people were farming eggs at the time too), PVP servers, people who dragged dinosaurs onto you for lols....or just bad luck then the tides can turn pretty damn easy. So no I don't think it was a super easy grind but then I don't think something like should be mega hard either. The tome was accessible to the majority of players with some effort involved and thats the way it should of been. Not everyone wants a "green fire" esq questline for everything.

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~