New Character Models Discussion - Update! Fem Gnome Faces

Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Re: New Character Models Discussion - Update! Fem Gnome Face

Unread post by Lisaara »

You might be as unlucky as I am where the new models aren't working.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

Oh.
Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Unread post by Sukurachi »

you might also not have "show new character models" checked.

my account on my slower computer had that option automatically unchecked, while my two faster computers had it checked.

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn

Unread post by Krysteena »

LupisDarkmoon wrote:I also just realized that they never fixed the male troll Big Fat Braid hairdo. It sticks straight back, defying all physics and everything. Doesn't look at all intentional- here's to hoping that's honestly just a bug.
I think trolls just defy all laws of physics. I mean, their run is ridiculous. They aren't on the moon! Gravity does exist on Draenor Blizzard! And then their hair...well...it'd in a league of its own in terms of defying gravity :|
Lupis
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Lupis »

Sorry, posting a ton today. x.x

But I'm almost 100% sure the "all the same color" male undead tongue thing is a bug. My undead, in live, has a green tongue. When I try to make a new undead character, his tongue turns up as blue. So I think there, as Veph mentioned, more colors- they just don't work right now.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

Kayro wrote:
LupisDarkmoon wrote:I also just realized that they never fixed the male troll Big Fat Braid hairdo. It sticks straight back, defying all physics and everything. Doesn't look at all intentional- here's to hoping that's honestly just a bug.
I think trolls just defy all laws of physics. I mean, their run is ridiculous. They aren't on the moon! Gravity does exist on Draenor Blizzard! And then their hair...well...it'd in a league of its own in terms of defying gravity :|
Trolls are just trolling gravity ;)
Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn

Unread post by Krysteena »

cowmuflage wrote:
Kayro wrote:
Trolls are just trolling gravity ;)
I see what you did there ;) I think we'll have to think of a suitable pun-ishment for them, yes?

Oh now look Kayro you've gone and butchered it now!
Boven
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by Boven »

It looks like the 'leg warmers' bug for female Tauren survived the trip from beta to live. Interestingly, it didn't affect my grey cow, but a co-raider's black and white cow had mossy green lower legs. I was also hoping that they'd fix the coat patterns on brown/white and black/white female Tauren, but they ended up with the same coat patterns as males just like in beta.
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Nachtwulf wrote:They're ignoring a lot of things. No skull face for undead girls, no dark-eyed faces for undead males, all the female gnomes look seriously unhappy, male worgen are still whitewashed, male humans and nelfs still have velcroed-on beards...

Of course, the ORCS look GREAT. >_<
I can't help feeling that the male dwarves and orcs had the most attention and care put into them as they were first, and after that the other ones all feel more rushed. The dwarf beards in particular are so detailed looking and then you look at, say, human male facial hair and it's all weird and blocky and not very good.

Overall I'm happy with a lot of things, but I can't help feeling there's so many aspects they could have improved on if they'd listened to the comments and critiques during beta (there were literally multiple post-limit threads that went on pointing out very reasonable suggestions), especially for some of the details that are so clearly different from the originals. I do hope they might go in and tweak a few of the most glaring problems, with any hope.

And yeah, I'm anxiously awaiting the blood elf revamp as they're the characters I play the most.
Oof, yes my troll uses this one and it's been bothering me as well. I always imagined that braid just hanging down loosely, though someone pointed out maybe it's supposed to be stiff as many of the other braided troll styles stand up straight like that. I kind of hoped they'd just forgotten to add the gravity or whatever to it though, the angle it's at is just so odd looking, like it's been gelled that way.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

i loooooooooooooooooooooooooooove the female human model!

Quite fond of the dwarf as well...

Not to fond of the draenir.... semi oki with the nightelf.. cant really see much changes there cept more detailed hair.. ohh and the white hair is gray at the tips :(

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

MaximumOverdrive
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by MaximumOverdrive »

Did they ever fix the face tendrils on the male draenei? Cause those looked horribad before...I have other nitpicks about them, but that was a big one (are they still missing necks too?)
Vasken
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn (EU)

Unread post by Vasken »

EU got our new models today! Did someone say gravity defying hair. Three of my trolls use that style and I'm gutted. Submitted two tickets about it during beta and na-da.

Skullata you look ridonkulous. Arranging to have his hair cleaved off in roleplay, but my other two are stuck with it. Aww.

On the whole, the model updates are livable and 10/14 of my characters look great after a barber's visit for some fleshshaping (the female trolls are JAW DROPPING). The updated running animations are bouncier than I would've liked, but it'll likely grow on me with time. All is well-... Except for my main. They turned his hair a jarring shade of pink and there's no viable alternative with that particular skin colour. Can live with his chunkiness, but finding the hair colour a bit eghhh. It's affecting rp and my mind's eye image of him.

Floof the Sambas!

Vasken - Troll Hunter - Argent Dawn EU

DeviantART || Skreel's Dragon Lair

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

MaximumOverdrive wrote:Did they ever fix the face tendrils on the male draenei? Cause those looked horribad before...I have other nitpicks about them, but that was a big one (are they still missing necks too?)
They still have obscenely, er, tumescent facial appendages.

They also still have duck lips and facial expressions that are goofy and reminiscent of Homer Simpson.

Their bodies and necks, I *think* are a little narrower than they were at the start, but they still look like they have pot bellies when they wear chunky belts (i.e. most MoP belts).

In short, they're mutant blue Mogu.

The model artists claimed their philosophy was to try and keep the looks as reflective of the originals as possible, I think that was a lie in this case. The Draenei were nowhere near as bad as the older races and they only needed a light touch. Instead I believe the artists tried to leave their own mark on the new looks. I hate criticizing people's honest work, but in this case I think they deliberately changed a lot more than their directive required them to and I think they badly missed the mark. I think they're f*ing terrible.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Mozag
Realm: Several on EU.

Unread post by Mozag »

I was delighted with every single one of my character models, except...

What the HELL is wrong with Draenei women? I have three and they all look like some sort of adolescent fish monsters. They have gigantic, vacant eyes and tiny, stupid noses. Their lips are in constant duck face. Not a single one of the faces is bearable, and I don't understand how they managed to ruin a race which had so many different and pretty faces before. There used to be one face I didn't like, now I can't find even one that doesn't make me shudder. I may just have to put old graphics on whenever I play them because as they are right now - ick.

On a positive note - Troll, Dwarf and Human females are simply amazing. I can't get enough of them!
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

I must be the only one here with little to no complaints about any races. It really feels like it. I love them all. :(

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

MaximumOverdrive
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by MaximumOverdrive »

Wain wrote:
MaximumOverdrive wrote:Did they ever fix the face tendrils on the male draenei? Cause those looked horribad before...I have other nitpicks about them, but that was a big one (are they still missing necks too?)
They still have obscenely, er, tumescent facial appendages.

They also still have duck lips and facial expressions that are goofy and reminiscent of Homer Simpson.

Their bodies and necks, I *think* are a little narrower than they were at the start, but they still look like they have pot bellies when they wear chunky belts (i.e. most MoP belts).

In short, they're mutant blue Mogu.

The model artists claimed their philosophy was to try and keep the looks as reflective of the originals as possible, I think that was a lie in this case. The Draenei were nowhere near as bad as the older races and they only needed a light touch. Instead I believe the artists tried to leave their own mark on the new looks. I hate criticizing people's honest work, but in this case I think they deliberately changed a lot more than their directive required them to and I think they badly missed the mark. I think they're f*ing terrible.
That makes me really sad...male draenei make up a good chunk of my toons. Some of those things makes me wonder what was going thru their heads when updating. Probably have to play with older models still...I love my draenei but a lot of these changes kinda butchered them (at least they're slightly less top heavy).
Divixon
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Frostmourne Alliance

Unread post by Divixon »

cant get over the female faces of the gnomes, that angry face makes me want to maul them even more XD
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

Ziroth wrote:cant get over the female faces of the gnomes, that angry face makes me want to maul them even more XD
As I said on the official forums, they look like a Furby was possessed by a demon.
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

After spending some time on my draenei hunter I've come to realize that I'm just wholly unsatisfied by the revamp for them. I don't play her all that often, she's just my Alliance hunter alt, but I'm still upset at what they did to her.

The new female draenei faces look squashed vertically, I can't stand the duck mouth that's evident on each of the new faces, and I really hate what they've done to the eyes (why are they so huge, and saturated blue??). She even lost her black lipstick that I was so fond of. :(

ImageImage

I don't even want to play her anymore, in all honesty, the update really ruined her for me. Strangely enough the male draenei seem more tolerable to me than they used to, since they were one of my least favourite in game models.
Niabi
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Greymane-H, Rexxar-A, Staghelm-A/H, Nesingwary-A/H

Unread post by Niabi »

Poor Niabi! What did they do to you!? :cry:

Playing her just doesn't feel the same anymore. She's looks like a completely different character! Out of all of the revamps, I felt that the female Draenei needed the least amount of work done, yet they received too much if you ask me. Her hair is darker and flatter than before. Her eyes are all kinds of wrong! They should be glowing white not aqua blue! Her face looks derpy now! Niabi is not derpy! :evil:

I have no choice but to retire Niabi at this time. Playing her is almost too painful. I hope Blizzard reconsiders their approach of the models and tweaks them back more to their old selves when they do Blood Elves and Worgen (review signature art for reference).

Oh and Blizzard. One more thing. I ask that you please, PLEASE stop flattening out all of the female hairstyles. Some of the styles are meant to be fuller than others.
Last edited by Niabi on Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Come visit my lovely garden of dragons over at
Flight Rising