New Character Models Discussion - Update! Fem Gnome Faces

Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Re: New Character Models confirmed as well as new Expansion!

Unread post by Lisaara »

Nachtwulf wrote:The thing is, we didn't get what people wanted. We got someone's idea of a 'we're gonna show you what you get when you whine', 'shut up and take what we give you' response. Maybe they're still sore over the blood elf 'Cockatrice' thing. Make fun of a cool-ass model... and they give you a giant disney-barf chicken instead.
People kept asking for the fem worgen to look less feminine and more vicious. This is exactly what we got. A rabid, less feminine looking canine.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

Except the slutty eyes, boob job, and pinched waist doesn't really bear out the "less feminine" angle. It's like it's MORE feminine in the worst way they could do it, and then they stuck on a permanent snarl to try and make it more angry.

Edit: And if we're talking about horses, the Headless Horseman horse runs normally in the air, and at basic ground speeds, but you get that sucker on the ground at epic speed and suddenly its run cycle is 100x too fast. The black Gilnean horse suffers the same problem. (Compare the brown one at epic speeds and the black and you'll see what I mean...)
Last edited by Nachtwulf on Sat Nov 30, 2013 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Like I said, that's what people wanted. I even saw complaints that people thought the alpha worgen was too bulky.

You should know by now most people on the official forums aren't usually the brightest. I really wish Blizz would listen to them less.

LisaaraPokefarm

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

Nachtwulf wrote:The thing is, we didn't get what people wanted. .
Well what SOME people wanted. Not everybody wanted the same thing after all. I know a lot of people who like the new model over the old one too.

To me the alpha worgen looks just as shit if not more shit then the one we have now. I've also never seen any good "fan made" ones too.
Snowy

Unread post by Snowy »

Nachtwulf wrote:The thing is, we didn't get what people wanted. We got someone's idea of a 'we're gonna show you what you get when you whine', 'shut up and take what we give you' response. Maybe they're still sore over the blood elf 'Cockatrice' thing. Make fun of a cool-ass model... and they give you a giant disney-barf chicken instead.
Thiiiis. Entirely this. People whined so they 'showed us what happens' when people whine. The new model doesn't look vicious, it looks retarded.

I'm not expecting them to go back to the alpha model. I would like it if they did, but made it more detailed, but if they go back and make it less derpy-looking and more like an actual wolf, I'm happy. Even just the eye-glow thing annoys me beyond belief. How come the male's eyes glow but not the female's?! As that analysis I posted before shows, there has never been a huge variation in male to female eyes in any other race. Normally, if a male's eyes glow, a female's eyes glow, same as when they don't glow. But male worgen have glowing eyes and female's have dull-coloured, cross-eyes that make them look almost blind.

And Junrei I don't think you read my point about the artists. Yes, it's a fantasy game, they can do what they want, but I stated that why make something look just like it does in real life only to have it run like it has a broken leg? It would look MUCH nicer if it ran like it should do. Talking about the camels here, btw.

Snowy the Sylveon Hoarder ♥
3DS FC: 1263-6698-4911 | FR: EnchantedEcho | PSN: Eviesaurus
My YouTube Channel! (Pokemon related stuffs!)

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Snowy wrote:
Thiiiis. Entirely this. People whined so they 'showed us what happens' when people whine. The new model doesn't look vicious, it looks retarded.

I'm not expecting them to go back to the alpha model. I would like it if they did, but made it more detailed, but if they go back and make it less derpy-looking and more like an actual wolf, I'm happy. Even just the eye-glow thing annoys me beyond belief. How come the male's eyes glow but not the female's?! As that analysis I posted before shows, there has never been a huge variation in male to female eyes in any other race. Normally, if a male's eyes glow, a female's eyes glow, same as when they don't glow. But male worgen have glowing eyes and female's have dull-coloured, cross-eyes that make them look almost blind.

And Junrei I don't think you read my point about the artists. Yes, it's a fantasy game, they can do what they want, but I stated that why make something look just like it does in real life only to have it run like it has a broken leg? It would look MUCH nicer if it ran like it should do. Talking about the camels here, btw.
That's just it. That's your opinion. Not everyone agrees with it either. I know several who like the new model and think it looks vicious. I'm not amongst those people.

Animations and the actual model are two different departments. I was talking about the model design.

LisaaraPokefarm

zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

The debate about which is better will never end. Let's all just accept that everyone has their own opinion. Both the alpha and current models of worgen have their pro's and con's too them. Personally. I think they need tails. And too shut their mouths. Simply getting rid of the snarl would probably really help them look better. Tails. Should be an option. Like the pandas. Either long and fluffy or nothing. That'd solve that real quick.
However. They are disappointing. They really are. Like they stuck an old world wolf head on a tauren body. I know you're like " :? What the?" But think about it. Think about the snarl, head shape etc. Think of the core shape.
They could use some work. But it's really not a priority compared too other models in need of an overhaul.

I think Draenei should have the same selective tail length option.

But. This. This is a real worgen /werewolf.

Not the permasnarl bulbous headed female we have. Something in the middle between the alpha and now wouldn't be bad.

I do have a worgen female toon but she sits and rarely gets played. I'm saving her for the day when gnomes can be hunters! (yes I'm daydreaming)

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Agreed, zed, 100%.

LisaaraPokefarm

Snowy

Unread post by Snowy »

TAILS. Omg tails. They need tails. They look naked without them. >.<

Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

Snowy wrote:TAILS. Omg tails. They need tails. They look naked without them. >.<

I personally think they do not. Werewolves and worgen are different, so I don't think it's necessary, and it's what sets them apart. A worgen with a tail would just be a werewolf with another name.
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
Snowy

Unread post by Snowy »

Qraljar wrote:I personally think they do not. Werewolves and worgen are different, so I don't think it's necessary, and it's what sets them apart. A worgen with a tail would just be a werewolf with another name.
Well, what I meant when I posted that they 'need' tails was pretty much in response to Zed's post. I think there should be an option to have them.

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Qraljar wrote:
Snowy wrote:TAILS. Omg tails. They need tails. They look naked without them. >.<

I personally think they do not. Werewolves and worgen are different, so I don't think it's necessary, and it's what sets them apart. A worgen with a tail would just be a werewolf with another name.
That's just it...they're not different. The only differences is the lack of tails. After that, they're the exact same thing in most lycanthrope lore. I've read a lot of werewolf books and seen various werewolf movies. I really don't see any difference except maybe they don't transform by moonlight(though I've seen people rp this too).

I'd much rather they give us tail options. I think they look ugly and weird without them.

LisaaraPokefarm

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

I don't think they'll be getting tails any time soon.
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

As much as my personal druthers would see them with tails (and I suspect they have them, they're just exceedingly short and don't stick out of their clothing)... worgen in WoW have never had tails, from the beginning, so it seems really unlikely that they'd add them. I mean... that'd be like them just adding horns to orcs. Sure, it'd be great to have orcs with antlers, but they haven't at any point in their design so it'd be weird to add it now.

Also, NPC worgen do tend to shift at night. The people of Pyrewood (pre-Cata) went from humans during the day to Moonrage worgen at night, Plus there's that one auctioneer in the dwarven district that changes, I think, at 8pm.

I've always treated it ICly as that it's not so much a -forced- change, but it's harder to focus on staying human at night, when the 'beasts come out', so the worgen who don't really care enough to work at it too hard just let themselves lapse into feral shape because it's easier.
Last edited by Nachtwulf on Sun Dec 01, 2013 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

You never know. The demand for tails for them have been pretty high. I know very few people on Moon Guard that don't want them. Especially with people wanting the worgen to be updated, it may come true.

LisaaraPokefarm

Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Yes, well, a lot of people on MG want High Elves too and that's not likely to happen either.

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Nachtwulf wrote:Yes, well, a lot of people on MG want High Elves too and that's not likely to happen either.
That's not what the rumors going around have been. There's lots of rumors going around that they may allow subraces like dark irons and high elves.

So for now, it's merely speculation. :3

LisaaraPokefarm

Snowy

Unread post by Snowy »

It's been a while, and correct me if I'm wrong, but don't the humans change into their worgen forms due to some kind of adrenaline rush? Being the reason that we're forced, as players, into our worgen forms when we enter combat? I don't know if that was just a player character thing though. I just don't remember anything about them transforming under moonlight besides that one village that Nachtwulf mentioned. (When I realised this happened back in the day, my mind was blown.)

Also... the tails could be clip-ons? *Shot*
... Seriously though, lore or not, there's nothing stopping them from having tails if they decided they wanted to change it. It wouldn't affect anything as far as I'm aware. Even if they were to make it an option rather than a permanent change, I can't think of anything it would majorly affect.

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Snowy wrote:It's been a while, and correct me if I'm wrong, but don't the humans change into their worgen forms due to some kind of adrenaline rush? Being the reason that we're forced, as players, into our worgen forms when we enter combat? I don't know if that was just a player character thing though. I just don't remember anything about them transforming under moonlight besides that one village that Nachtwulf mentioned. (When I realised this happened back in the day, my mind was blown.)

Also... the tails could be clip-ons? *Shot*
... Seriously though, lore or not, there's nothing stopping them from having tails if they decided they wanted to change it.
That's why I said that's something they don't do, aside from that one village.

LisaaraPokefarm

Snowy

Unread post by Snowy »

Junrei wrote:That's why I said that's something they don't do, aside from that one village.
Bah sorry, I didn't read your post properly, I just kinda skimmed them before posting since I saw people talking about transformation by moonlight.