New Character Models Discussion - Update! Fem Gnome Faces

Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Re: New Character Models confirmed as well as new Expansion!

Unread post by Lisaara »

Falconcrest wrote:
Aeladrine wrote:That's why I specified fel tattoos. They're kinda a unique blood elf thing and extremely important. They're a sign of not regretting what has happened, moving on, and a promise to make the best out of life (in the most over-the-top way possible, of course).

At the least, their tattoos should be unique. No other tattoos should glow green, nor be in the same style.
I read they also had runic tattoos, or something along those lines, but as a person who plays mostly blood elves and love their lore, I'm in complete agreement with this. It's always bugged the hell out of me that playable blood elves don't have an option for these tattoos, and were given frou-frou nail polish instead. >_< NONE of my blood elves are ditzy valley girls, and I'm going to be sad if the nail polish persists. At least give us an option to not have it, please. (And apologies to any of those who actually like the nail polish.)

And it would be nice if female blood elves got an option for a new voice set, because I utterly despise the one they have and always block it out (I wish there was an option to turn voices completely off). None of my ladies sound like... that. And here's hoping they'll bring the Dance Studio back from the dead, I'm not overly fond of the Britney Spears dance we got stuck with instead of the dance they had in the BC beta.

But, rantlet aside, I'm all for blood elves getting these tattoos like they should have.
I don't want my BE forced to have fel tattoos either though. It wouldn't be right to force the tattoos on those who don't want them. If they ever implement them, they need to make sure those of us who don't want them don't have to have them. My BE does regret what happened and is moving on with her life unlike any of those who are tattooed and stuck in their ways.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Slapperfish

Unread post by Slapperfish »

Junrei wrote:
Falconcrest wrote:
Aeladrine wrote:That's why I specified fel tattoos. They're kinda a unique blood elf thing and extremely important. They're a sign of not regretting what has happened, moving on, and a promise to make the best out of life (in the most over-the-top way possible, of course).

At the least, their tattoos should be unique. No other tattoos should glow green, nor be in the same style.
I read they also had runic tattoos, or something along those lines, but as a person who plays mostly blood elves and love their lore, I'm in complete agreement with this. It's always bugged the hell out of me that playable blood elves don't have an option for these tattoos, and were given frou-frou nail polish instead. >_< NONE of my blood elves are ditzy valley girls, and I'm going to be sad if the nail polish persists. At least give us an option to not have it, please. (And apologies to any of those who actually like the nail polish.)

And it would be nice if female blood elves got an option for a new voice set, because I utterly despise the one they have and always block it out (I wish there was an option to turn voices completely off). None of my ladies sound like... that. And here's hoping they'll bring the Dance Studio back from the dead, I'm not overly fond of the Britney Spears dance we got stuck with instead of the dance they had in the BC beta.

But, rantlet aside, I'm all for blood elves getting these tattoos like they should have.
I don't want my BE forced to have fel tattoos either though. It wouldn't be right to force the tattoos on those who don't want them. If they ever implement them, they need to make sure those of us who don't want them don't have to have them. My BE does regret what happened and is moving on with her life unlike any of those who are tattooed and stuck in their ways.
Perhaps they could implement them as "shirts" you obtain from a quest chain, similar to the Illidari tabards back in BC.
Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

Somehow I doubt being forced to have tatts is ever going to happen. If we're lucky, we'll get a few tatt/paint options for each race. But I suspect they'll be like piercings and the existing war paint in that there'll be a "none" option.

If all characters had to have tatts, after all, things would start to look a little... uh, cultish, I guess? Idiocracy's bar code comes to mind. :lol:

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

Pfffttt they'd all be in biker gangs! World of Bikergangs >.>
Aeladrine
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Frostwolf, Blackwater Raiders

Unread post by Aeladrine »

Both Falconcrest and I were talking about options, and Falconcrest specifically stated that they wanted the option to have it. If it were implemented, it would certainly be in the same vein as piercings and face paint, which means no one would be required to have it. Both of us are simply frustrated that something that is such a huge part of their lore has been largely ignored, especially when one considers the fact that this leads to MRPS with fel butterfly tattoos slapped above girls' rears.

One thing I would also like to see for blood elves is more variation in skin tone and eye colour. What about those who have used more fel magic which, according to lore, ought to be making their skin far more reddish? We have only one option for that, then like... six skin colours I can barely tell apart. What about those who have absorbed less, and whose eyes shouldn't glow such a strong green? We have a sort of yellowish, but I think it's only for men.

Same goes for humans (more dark colours, please) and orcs (maybe some untainted orcs could become playable, considering the expansion?).

All in all, I would like more options.
• Aela's Pet Journal

Totally fantastic avatars and signatures by Sookie, Nili, Serenith, and Kurenio.
Tumblr || Deviantart || WoW RP Blog

Snowy

Unread post by Snowy »

I agree with Aela. Fel tattoos would be awesome. I'm not a lore-a-holic, but if it's important, by all means, I feel that they should probably include it.

... And while we're on the topic of 'options', can I please play a goblin female without all the insane piercings? kthnxblizz.

Snowy the Sylveon Hoarder ♥
3DS FC: 1263-6698-4911 | FR: EnchantedEcho | PSN: Eviesaurus
My YouTube Channel! (Pokemon related stuffs!)

Magnakilro
Realm: Eonar

Unread post by Magnakilro »

I want my orc to have the face on the left at all times

Avatar made by the awesome Senna-umbreon
Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

cowmuflage wrote:Pfffttt they'd all be in biker gangs! World of Bikergangs >.>
haha!!! I'm imagining road blocks at every capital city with guards and massive drug test "carts" and things!

and omg garrison = clubhouse??

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

Castile wrote:
haha!!! I'm imagining road blocks at every capital city with guards and massive drug test "carts" and things!

haha and Pvp will be like a biker bar fight XD
Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

cowmuflage wrote:
Castile wrote:

haha and Pvp will be like a biker bar fight XD
Ride-by shootings? Turf wars over Tarren Mill? Gold lending services?

Underbelly: Azeroth's Sons XD

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Drenden/illidan

Unread post by SylviaDragon »

No more guilds! You gotta join a motorcycle gang if you want protection.

SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

This is just a very small, fast edit to show how much an eye colour and a minor flux in the eye brows can make as a difference.

I really don’t think we will have much to worry too much about regarding Tauren not looking tough. :)

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Hmm, I'm still a bit on the fence on the male tauren, but I'll wait until we can see all the customization options for them. I'm not too fond of how the nose looks...it gives me less of a snout impression and more like a dog nose that's been stuck on the end.
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master

Yeah, They got them wrong in the 1st place, they've always been upsidedown compared to real cows, but then it is a fantasy game and they can change it any way they like. But your 100% right, the new version does look more like a dogs nose than a bulls due to them fleshing it out and it still remaining upsidedown

­
­
­
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Ahaha, yes that illustrates it perfectly. Also the underbite wedge shape is throwing me off, but again, I'll wait and see, I might like the final version more once we can see all the different versions, and see it in action. I'm really eager to see what they do with the female tauren though.
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master

Vephriel wrote:I'm really eager to see what they do with the female tauren though.
Oh me too, very very much so :)

­
­
­
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

Better not screw them up :lol:
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master

Did a quick Undead as well just for giggles :)

­
­
­
Danielfboone
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Draka

Unread post by Danielfboone »

I want to see the Night Elves. They are my favorite race.

On a side note, I just realized my avatar fits this expansion since you could call it "Warlords of Draenor, A Link to the Past" :-)
Mindsprocket
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Mindsprocket »

I hope we'll also get the option to make some proper Dark Iron dwarves. So far there's only some slightly greyish skins and some faces with red eyes. But I'd like to give my warlock the metallic skin and glowing eyes!

And yeah, some untainted orc skins would be nice too, as well as Dragonmaw looks, since they are allies of the Horde now.

Lok'tar ogar!