Changes to Hunter Pet Families in 6.0

Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
chrth

Changes to Hunter Pet Families in 6.0

Unread post by chrth »

6/16/14 Edit: Blizzard has been nice enough to consolidate the latest info, so I'm just going to copy it directly. I'll leave the original info at the bottom. Note that it still says Hook Wasp, I'm unsure if they've changed their mind.

Source

Exotic Pets in Bold
Combat Resurrection ability: Crane, Moth, Quilen
Mortal Wounds debuff: Carrion Bird, Devilsaur, Riverbeast, Scorpid
Increased Spell Power buff: Serpent, Silithid, Water Strider
Increased Strength/Agility/Intellect buff: Dog, Gorilla, Shale Spider, Worm
Increased Critical Strike Chance buff: Devilsaur, Quilen, Raptor, Shale Spider, Water Strider, Wolf
Temporary Haste buff: Core Hound, Nether Ray
Increased Haste buff: Hook Wasp, Hyena, Sporebat, Wasp
Increased Mastery buff: Cat, Hydra, Spirit Beast, Tallstrider
Increased Stamina buff: Bear, Goat, Hook Wasp, Silithid
Increased Multistrike buff: Basilisk, Chimaera, Core Hound, Dragonhawk, Fox, Rhino, Wind Serpent
Increased Versatility buff: Bird of Prey, Boar, Porcupine, Ravager, Rhino, Worm
An ability that increases dodge chance of the pet by 30% for 10 seconds: Bat, Monkey
An ability that reduces damage taken by the pet by 50% for 12 seconds: Beetle, Crab, Quilen, Rhino, Shale Spider, Turtle
An ability that Reduces the movement speed of the target by 50%: Chimaera, Crocolisk, Silithid, Spider, Warp Stalker

The following pet families provide an ability that puts the pet in stealth mode slowing its movement speed by 50%. The first attack from stealth receives a 20% bonus to damage: Cat, Spirit Beast

The following pet families provide an additional ability. [All Exotic]
Chimaera - Froststorm Breath: Causes Froststorm damage to all targets in front of the Chimaera over 8 seconds.
Core Hound - Molten Hide: Causes Fire damage to attackers.
Devilsaur - Feast: The devilsaur feasts on a nearby Humanoid or Beast corpse within 5 yards, healing it for 20% of its maximum health and restoring 20 Focus over 5 seconds.
Direhorn - Reflective Armor Plating: Deflects all spells cast in front of the Direhorn for 6 seconds.
Hook Wasp - Flutter: Slows the fall speed of both itself and the hunter for 30 seconds.
Spirit Beast - Spirit Mend: Heals the target ally instantly, and additional healing over 10 seconds.
Water Strider - Surface Trot: Allows the Hunter and the Water Strider to walk across water.
Worm - Burrow Attack: Deals Nature damage to nearby enemies over 8 seconds.

****ORIGINAL POST****
Here's the abilities broken out by buff/debuff (didn't include special abilities). I put this together pretty fast, and didn't double-check to see if a family lost an ability it already had (and wasn't removed from the game), so let me know if you see any errors.

Info Grabbed from WOWDB.

Pet Family Buffs/Debuffs

Stats
Dog
Gorilla
Worm (Exotic)
Shale Spider (Exotic)

Stamina
Bear
Goat
Dragonfly (Exotic)
Silithid (Exotic)

Spell Power
Serpent
Waterstrider (Exotic)
Silithid (Exotic)

Haste
Sporebat
Wasp
Hyena
Hook Wasp (Exotic)

Crit
Wolf
Raptor
Shale Spider (Exotic)
Devilsaur (Exotic)
Quilen (Exotic)
Waterstrider (Exotic)

Mastery
Cat
Tallstrider
Hydra
Spirit Beast (Exotic)

Physical Vulnerability
Boar
Ravager
Bird of Prey
Porcupine
Rhino (Exotic)
Worm (Exotic)

Magic Vulnerability
Basilisk
Dragonhawk
Wind Serpent
Bat
Corehound (Exotic)
Chimera (Exotic)
Rhino (Exotic)

Mortal Wounds
Crocolisk
Scorpion
Carrion Bird
Riverbeast
Devilsaur (Exotic)

Slow Movement
Spider
Warp Stalker
Silithid (Exotic)
Chimera (Exotic)
Last edited by chrth on Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:49 am, edited 10 times in total.
chrth

Re: Changes to Hunter Pet Families in 6.0

Unread post by chrth »

Updating this post with the official info from the Alpha Patch Notes:

Abilities unique to each hunter pet family have been revised to provide a standard buff, debuff, or ability.
Combat Resurrection ability: Crane, Moth, Quilen
Mortal Wounds debuff: Carrion Bird, Devilsaur, Riverbeast, Scorpid
Increased Spell Power buff: Serpent, Silithid, Water Strider
Increased Strength/Agility/Intellect buff: Dog, Gorilla, Shale Spider, Worm
Increased Critical Strike Chance buff: Devilsaur, Quilen, Raptor, Shale Spider, Water Strider, Wolf
Temporary Haste buff: Core Hound, Nether Ray
Increased Haste buff: Hook Wasp, Hyena, Sporebat, Wasp
Increased Mastery buff: Cat, Hydra, Spirit Beast, Tallstrider
Increased Stamina buff: Bear, Goat, Hook Wasp, Silithid
Increased Magic Damage Taken debuff: Basilisk, Bat, Chimaera, Core Hound, Dragonhawk, Rhino, Wind Serpent
Increased Physical Damage Taken debuff: Bird of Prey, Boar, Porcupine, Ravager, Rhino, Worm
An ability that increases dodge chance of the pet by 30% for 10 seconds: Fox, Monkey
An ability that reduces damage taken by the pet by 50% for 12 seconds: Beetle, Crab, Quilen, Rhino, Shale Spider, Turtle
An ability that Reduces the movement speed of the target by 50%: Chimaera, Crocolisk, Silithid, Spider, Warp Stalker
The following pet families provide an ability that puts the pet in stealth mode, but slows its movement speed by 50%. The first attack from stealth receives a 20% bonus to damage: Cat, Spirit Beast
The following pet families also provide an additional ability.
Chimaera - Froststorm Breath: Causes Froststorm damage to all targets in front of the Chimaera over 8 sec.
Core Hound - Molten Hide: Causes Fire damage to attackers.
Devilsaur - Feast: The devilsaur feasts on a nearby Humanoid or Beast corpse within 5 yards, healing it for 20% of its maximum health and restoring 20 focus over 5 sec.
Direhorn - Reflective Armor Plating: Deflects all spells cast in front of the Direhorn for 6 seconds.
Hook Wasp - Flutter: Slows the fall speed of both itself and the hunter for 30 seconds.
Spirit Beast - Spirit Mend: Heals the target ally instantly, and additional healing over 10 seconds.
Water Strider - Surface Trot: Allows the Hunter and the Water Strider to walk across water.
Worm - Burrow Attack: Deals Nature damage to nearby enemies over 8 seconds.

ORIGINAL INFO:

Other New Abilities/Changes:

Moths and Cranes have a Battle Rez usable by all three specs. Confirmation here.

Nether Rays provide Bloodlust/Heroism Source

Crabs and Shale Spiders now have the damage reduction shell like Turtles and Beetles.

Quilen and Rhinos have a defense/healing mechanism if they get low in health.

Corehounds do additional aoe damage if hit by a melee attack (ability is on CD)

Monkeys and Foxes can increase their own Dodge chance by 30% for 10 seconds every 2 minutes.

Devilsaur can Nom Nom on corpses to restore health and focus.

Dragonflies appear to have a Slow Fall like ability called Flutter (nice find by Shinryu Masaki)
Last edited by chrth on Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:03 am, edited 7 times in total.
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

Ooo, I'd like to see more details on the Quilen and Rhino ability. And I love the new Core Hound ability for soloing.
chrth

Unread post by chrth »

GormanGhaste wrote:Ooo, I'd like to see more details on the Quilen and Rhino ability. And I love the new Core Hound ability for soloing.
For Rhino:
When falling below 40% health, the Rhino's skin will thicken, granting 50% reduced incoming damage for 10 sec.
This effect can only occur once every 120 sec.

For Quilen:
When falling below 40% health, the Quilen's skin will change to stone, causing it to take 30% less damage and regenerate 3% of its maximum health every 1 sec for 10 sec.
This effect can only occur once every 120 sec.

The Core Hound damage isn't actually aoe per se; it only triggers against mobs attacking it (which if threat is managed correctly, is the same thing). 10 second duration, 60 second cd.
Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

Oh wow, loving those so far. Much more interesting than the current abilities, I really look forward to seeing how these work out!

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

chrth

Unread post by chrth »

In re-reviewing the info, it appears the Rhino ability is similar to the Turtle/Beetle ability ... but worse (120 second cd vs 60 second cd). I'm going to guess that's a placeholder for now and wait for more info.
Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Unread post by Xota »

I like that silithid still have some sort of cc. And that cranes will get battle rez, quillen just seemed weird (and I just got a crane because of the appreciation thread).

My fears about pet abilities have been laid to rest. But my "5 pets to draenor" list is probably inaccurate now.
chrth

Unread post by chrth »

I missed the new family additions. In summary:

Looks like
Dragonfly (Exotic) gets Stamina and Haste
Riverbeast gets Mortal Wounds
Hydra gets Mastery

I'll fix my lists.
chrth

Unread post by chrth »

Got confirmation from Lore that Moths/Cranes provide Battle Rez for all 3 specs: http://twitter.com/CM_Lore/status/452493825030631424
Will update notes
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

Gorillas get +stats?

HEY GIZE, IT'S THE RETURN OF THE GORILLADIN!! (only this time it's Kings instead of Consecrate... XD )

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

chrth wrote:The Core Hound damage isn't actually aoe per se; it only triggers against mobs attacking it (which if threat is managed correctly, is the same thing). 10 second duration, 60 second cd.
Ooo, sounds a lot like the old Croc ability, Bad Attitude. I miss that one!
Myrrmi
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: [EU] The Mealstron, Emerald Dream, Bloodhoof

Unread post by Myrrmi »

Ooh I love those changes :)
chrth wrote:Devilsaur can Nom Nom on corpses to restore health and focus.
Pure win 8-)

Growing Internet Dragons:
(> My DragonCave <|> My TaleofDragons <|> My MagiStream <|> My FlightRising <)
Please, CLICK so we don't run out of Internet Dragons to kill :)
SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Drenden/illidan

Unread post by SylviaDragon »

I like the core hound ability a lot but I wish it wasn't triggered by damage, wont be as good for raiding. (but still really cool and good for soloing.)
Not big on the rhino/Quilen change. My purple Quilen, Dufresne may end up taking the back seat and letting my pink crane, Doughnut do the raiding now. (which is ok with me since I like cranes more anyway and Dufresne is kind of a pacifist.)
was kind of hoping the Hydra wouldn't end up with mastery since my stable is already crammed full of cats and spirit beasts and mastery+ heal usually wins my favor. (but its a hydra dang it so I will have to take it anyway!)
I'm disappointed that worms and chimeras didn't get an overhaul/buff though. with the buff to beastcleave their aoe spells are now obsolete and slow down your dps. (not to mention the worm's burrow removes its aggro)
but aside from those minor gripes I am content. It was nice of them to give non bm hunters some buff pets to use. also it looks like the b-rez abilities are still labeled as exotic, (typo probably) but its nice to know other hunters have that option now too. I still like the idea of being able to choose the buff your pet has, as was suggested in the patch thread, but this works too.

Albain
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Albain »

Corehounds will now have three abilities? Their AOE-when-attacked, magic debuff, and Ancient hysteria? Or are we losing Ancient Hysteria?
chrth

Unread post by chrth »

Bloodlust/Heroism added to Nether Rays!

http://twitter.com/Celestalon/status/452543132421222400

Will update
chrth

Unread post by chrth »

Albain wrote:Corehounds will now have three abilities? Their AOE-when-attacked, magic debuff, and Ancient hysteria? Or are we losing Ancient Hysteria?
Ancient Hysteria is still present, so Corehounds will have three abilities. A few of the Exotic Pets have three now.
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

no way really?!

I LOVE NETHER RAYS. there will be nether ray madness in my stables oh yes

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Unread post by Sukurachi »

so do Quilen LOSE their rez ability? or are they simply now joined by two other families that have the ability as well?

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

I don't see that they've lost it, so they're just spreading the abilities around some.

Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

Am I the only one who's glad to see we're getting Riverbeasts and Hook Wasps/Dragonflies? I am surprised that we get Riverbeasts, because they seem like they would go the way of the Clefthoof. Of course I doubt that's all, but at least we have 3 confirmed new tameable families already. Can't wait to see their models.

*drool over dragonfly*
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!