What new pets will you be taming?

Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn

What new pets will you be taming?

Unread post by Krysteena »

So, what pets have caught your eye while you've been simmering in the hype of WoD? Maybe you've got pets that are going to be renamed as a new model? Personally, mine are:
image.jpg
image.jpg (14.54 KiB) Viewed 3244 times
this here is going to be Jazz. I wasn't too keen on the new wolves after thinking they had the horrible worg-like run. However, I'm pretty sure they have the wonderful, normal looking wolf run. This model is gorgeous :D I can imagine many screenshots headed your way once I tame one. So photogenic! If I can get my hands on an iron bound proto drake...prepare for floods of the screenies. I'd have to hand out free swimming bands. He's called Jazz because, he's Jazzy! Plus, transformers incoming, if Jazz from transformers was anything, he'd be this fabulous wolf!
image.jpg
image.jpg (11.76 KiB) Viewed 3244 times
this Rylak, although he has no name yet, will be the reason I go BM again. I can't imagine staying BM, simply because I prefer SV, but just because he's so cute looking and those eyes are very pretty! Ryle might suit him. If the rumours of being able to have some of your pets on show in the garrison are true, I'll have Ryle out and strutting his stuff.
image.jpg
image.jpg (12.91 KiB) Viewed 3244 times
Timber will be getting retame as this sexy beast :lol: I'm in love with this new wolf model, so my stable maybe need purging to make room for several of them. I can't get enough of them! You know the story behind Timber, if you've ready my other thread on pets, and so I can't let him sit behind.
image.jpg
image.jpg (14.59 KiB) Viewed 3244 times
this wolf is...just wow! Like Jazz, he's going to be very Photogenic. I might name him Prowl (If you've read. fanfics of transformers, you'll know why) but the colouring is off. Prowl suits the Jazzy wolf well too...I can't tame two of them. Retro...I could name him Retro. Then again...Kazz. I don't know. Jazz seems a good name.
image.jpg
image.jpg (12.95 KiB) Viewed 3244 times
Rusty and Dusty come to mind when I see this pet. If I ever be the rustbound proto, you know who'll be out and about! I proper spazzed out when I saw these new wolf models. Krysteena will go from Survival hunter to wolf adopter! I could boost a new hunter up to 90, just so I don't completely flood Krysteena with wolves. And those Rylaks...wow! Previous to what I thought, Felrius won't be getting a make over. Unless they come up with a diseased wolf model too, he'll be the same. Then again, even if they do, I'd feel bad. Felrius wouldn't be the same Felrius.
So...what new pets will you be taming as you head into the unknown? Maybe you'll have a Rylak, ever watching with its two heads, or perhaps a new wolf, ready to scout ahead and protect it's master? I'm just so excited it's unhealthy! :D bring in the wolves! :headbang:
Just a little edit: If Jazz doesn't suit the first wolf, I'll name him Rico. I don't know why, but if Jazz just doesn't seem to suit him as much as I'd like it to, he'll be nicknamed Rico.
Another little Edit--the wolf I said to be named rusty/dusty will most likely be named Koda. My own Koda died a few years ago and had the same brown fur and stuffy yet majestic look. :D
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (12.95 KiB) Viewed 3244 times
Last edited by Krysteena on Sun Jul 06, 2014 4:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Re: What new pets will you be taming?

I know that this isn't quite as on topic as what it should be, but it's got something to do with what pets I'll be taming and also linking with the new hunter changes. After reading about changes of hunters, I realised that Survival wasn't survival anymore. Something about taking away the kill shot, something I have to have, ruined the spec for me. Realising now that I'll be going back to BM, not only for the Rylaks anymore, I needed a little story behind it. A story as to why I was going back to BM. So, I made one up, which may change a little.

So, Krysteena was once a master of beasts. She could communicate with them on a deeper level, and had the ability to hear what they were saying. To her, they were her best friends, her pets. Flare started it all. As a younger dragonhawk, he selected her during the ceremony to before his hunter. His mistress.

So, Krysteena trained with him. She traveled the world, meeting new and wonderful animals along the way. She tamed raptors, lions, tigers and wind serpents. Nothing would stop her and her pets.
When she was strong enough, the hunter left for Outland. The new world was challenging and at one point she wished to go back, simply because of her inability to be strong. But with her pets at her side, she found that she could do anything. Outland was simply a stepping stone, and when she returned, she knew that she only had her pets to thank.

When she was dispatched to Northrend against her own will, Krysteena was surprised to meet a handsome snow leopard named Azrael. He went with her on her adventures, and the two were unstoppable. The scrounge were pushed back just enough, the Vrykul were held down and the dragon aspects were in her debt. Content that she'd proved herself once again, Krysteena only had her lets to thank. By this point, she was in her element. She was a beast master.

When the cataclysm shook the world, Kayro was thrown into different environments. She was chucked into the sea, the desert, the highlands, the mountains of the druids and the depths of deepholm. Azrael, and quite a few others, stayed by her side, fighting to keep her safe. Not even the worlds close death could stop the hunter and her pets.

When Pandaria was unearthed, it was the biggest challenge yet. New continent and no recognised faces. The sha took over and Krysteena found herself without any sense of direction. Perhaps by the sha, or by choice, Kayro left Beast Mastery behind. It was all about survival now. The pets she had didn't know her well, aside from Felrius, and so she was alone. Azrael didn't obey her anymore. Shiren isn't look at her. Many of her pets just didn't want to know her. She let several go, but never felt any pain when doing so. They didn't even turn around. They just left.

When the whispers of Draenor came, Krysteena couldn't muster up the courage to go. With only timber and Felrius with her, the girl was going to stay behind. Indeed she did, only going through once she was sure everyone else had made the going a little easier. What she found wasn't what she expected. Not only was it a new planet, but a new beginning. A new time. As she passed through Tanaan, Kayro chanced across a majestic looking wolf.
image.jpg
image.jpg (14.54 KiB) Viewed 3244 times
He went by the name of Jazz, if what he told her was true. Indeed, he'd spoken to her. As he explained, by going back in time, Kayro had some traits of beast mastery left in her. Soon it'd fade, and all thoughts of being one with the beast would be gone. Azrael and Shiren, once her most loyal companions, wouldn't look at her. She'd be a stranger to them. Knowing what that'd mean to her, and them, Krysteena didn't want to leave her loyal pets in misery. She needed to try again, but couldn't. Jazz offered to help her. He said that he'd be willing to find her again, if she helped him find himself. Nodding, for she had nothing better to say, Krysteena let Jazz join her. The wolf helped her find her older self. She tried. She trained harder than she'd ever trained before. Draenor was a new beginning. She had into this chance to make herself whole again, and Jazz would help. So, the two got to know one another. As they trained, Timber trained too. Draenor shaped them both, and Timber had never looked so handsome
image.jpg
image.jpg (12.91 KiB) Viewed 3244 times

As Krysteena settled down for the night, she had realised that she was a beast master again. When she returned to Azeroth, she'd return to her old life. She'd be the master of the beasts once again.
Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard, Hati's Realm

Unread post by Iowawolf »

If they are really going to let us tame stags and talbuks then those two are on my list.
Niabi
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Greymane-H, Rexxar-A, Staghelm-A/H, Nesingwary-A/H

Unread post by Niabi »

1. Hydras ... of course :D
Image Image Image Image Image
Asherah (purple) for Auroryn. Armagnac (red) for Kadija. Syrinx (aquamarine) for Niabi. Leviathan (black) for Drakara. Anathema (chimaeron) for Synestra.

2. If the new talbuk models should become tamable, I'll be acquiring Image for Niabi.

3. Maybe a toucan? That's if their flight animation (along with ravens & seagulls) ever gets fixed. Image would complement Kadija's stable beautifully.

4. The others: Image Image Image Image Image and Image still remain on my wish list. Some are more likely to make it as pets than others, I realize. I won't be too upset if I never tame a gryphon, hippogryph, or wyvern ... but a girl can dream can't she?

I'll update this list if anything should change between now and the WoD launch.
Last edited by Niabi on Sun Jul 13, 2014 4:42 am, edited 3 times in total.

Come visit my lovely garden of dragons over at
Flight Rising

Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

So far my plans are probably...

Image Unagi will come home with me at last!

Image I'm still trying to decide how I feel about these models in general, but the colours and detail are so nice I'm sure I'll be grabbing this one.

Image I actually haven't decided what Rylak I'll be getting yet, especially if the armored colours show up, but I'm sure I'll tame one at least at the beginning since I love the Iron Skyreaver mount so much. If that cool mutated model ends up tameable then I will immediately get it.

Image Fell in love with the Void Wolf in beta so I'll definitely be picking up this skin. That purple is such a nice colour!

Image Cute piggies! ♥ I already have two boars but I need one of these too. Fairly certain I'll get the black one, though the white would be my second choice if I change my mind.

Image I'm less certain about this since Sporebats have never appealed to me before, but I'll see how the updated model clicks, and this one has nice colours.

Image I am all over this model, assuming the black one shows up as a tameable pet. :)

Image Eee, finally my Belmont can have a nice updated model!

Image Because it has my name written all over it.

and IF WE GET STAGS
Image then this guy's coming home with me
peanutbuttercup
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by peanutbuttercup »

Since I'm not on beta I can only go by what others have reported.

Image Not keen on the new "artichoke mane" wolf model but this one is gorgeous plus purple is my favorite color!

And assuming STAGS! go live:
Image One of these for sure, I had already named him "Fleetwood" back during Cata.
Image Probably this one too.
Image And probably this guy.
Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

I'm a beta tester and so far I really like the new wolves :) I tamed the glitched purple shimmer one from the start so if thats a spirit beast/challenge tame I'll be getting that in live for sure.

I'll also be getting a frostwolf in the meantime ;)

Havn't quite decided on the others yet...

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Slickrock

Unread post by Slickrock »

A lot depends on how BM vs MM works out, and if there are any spirit beasts. At present moment I'll likely be getting a new boar, one hydra, but really not sure on anything else.
Account has been closed at user's request.
Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Too maaaany! XD

Hydras: ImageImageImage

Hippos: Image

Wolves: ImageImageImage

Sporebats: Image

Ravagers: Image

Dragonflies: Image

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Wow. This thread was silent and then suddenly BOOM! I've noticed hydras and deer/stags are a common choice between hunters. I haven't thought much into hydras, but I'm sure I'll change my mind soon enough. I was never one for the boars and the insects they included this time around, but after seeing the colours and them in game (through youtube. I never got an invite) my opinion might change.

Has someone said about us maybe taming stags and deer then? Or are people just wishful thinking? :? I hope it's going to happen

For those lovely void wolves, I saw so done comment that because they're such a cool looking pet and are really easy to get, a Blizzard might make them untamable, unless it's used for a rare model. I was just like 'shhh! Don't jinx it!' If we don't get void wolves, I blame this guy! :P
Makoes
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

ImageorImage

ImageorImage

ImageorImage

ImageorImageorImage

I HOPE!!!! ImageImage
Last edited by Makoes on Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Kayro wrote:Wow. This thread was silent and then suddenly BOOM! I've noticed hydras and deer/stags are a common choice between hunters. I haven't thought much into hydras, but I'm sure I'll change my mind soon enough. I was never one for the boars and the insects they included this time around, but after seeing the colours and them in game (through youtube. I never got an invite) my opinion might change.

Has someone said about us maybe taming stags and deer then? Or are people just wishful thinking? :? I hope it's going to happen

For those lovely void wolves, I saw so done comment that because they're such a cool looking pet and are really easy to get, a Blizzard might make them untamable, unless it's used for a rare model. I was just like 'shhh! Don't jinx it!' If we don't get void wolves, I blame this guy! :P
Blizz is considering it so....we might! Right now, it's not confirmed if they will or won't. Just something they've got in their minds that we may have in the future.

LisaaraPokefarm

Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Junrei wrote:
Kayro wrote:Wow. This thread was silent and then suddenly BOOM! I've noticed hydras and deer/stags are a common choice between hunters. I haven't thought much into hydras, but I'm sure I'll change my mind soon enough. I was never one for the boars and the insects they included this time around, but after seeing the colours and them in game (through youtube. I never got an invite) my opinion might change.

Blizz is considering it so....we might! Right now, it's not confirmed if they will or won't. Just something they've got in their minds that we may have in the future.
Ooh. I like the sound of that. I wouldn't mind one of those Pandarian stags myself, running around in the Dread Wastes :)
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Me neither! Or heck, even the ones in Azuremyst <3

LisaaraPokefarm

Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Junrei wrote:Me neither! Or heck, even the ones in Azuremyst <3
I've been looking through some deer/stag models and have fallen in love with that black stag model from Pandaria, or the purple looking one. I've even been looking through some transmogs, just for these new pets ^.^ obviously I'll need to wait some time before I try to transmog them! as after Draenor it'll be a few months before I've levelled fully and have geared myself up in some BGs. I wish Draenor could come sooner. This hype is killing me! :D
Mozag
Realm: Several on EU.

Unread post by Mozag »

I won't add stags and talbuks to the list yet, since they are far from confirmed. But of the confirmed species these are the models I hope to tame:

Mozag

Eadgyth

Lazuli

Garshanga

Lindorindel

Biyu

Rosamond
Akyo
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Altar of storms

Unread post by Akyo »

There is none! that truly exites me to be honest. I dont like the overly buff look of the boars/talbuks.
The wolfs head seem to be overly large in my eyes. Id much rather see the old coyote model get a update like the bat did.
Not to big of a fan of the new Hydra, hippo,ravager and wasp/hookwasp(seem like the same thing to me).
Rylaks. Slight interest.
If stags go tameable i think ill grab a grim black old world one. and a outland talbuk if they are tossed in the mix. Dislike the new one. Seem to be on steroids.

While this feature of the Grimtotem Spirit Guide wasn't exactly intended... - it will still be possible in future for everyone who wishes to tame this NPC to do so
Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Akyo wrote:There is none! that truly exites me to be honest. I dont like the overly buff look of the boars/talbuks.
The wolfs head seem to be overly large in my eyes. Id much rather see the old coyote model get a update like the bat did.
Not to big of a fan of the new Hydra, hippo,ravager and wasp/hookwasp(seem like the same thing to me).
Rylaks. Slight interest.
If stags go tameable i think ill grab a grim black old world one. and a outland talbuk if they are tossed in the mix. Dislike the new one. Seem to be on steroids.
Shhh! The wolves are fabulous looking :P if I think too hard on their head size (here I sense the immature ones laughing) it's the only thing I'll see. Can't have me thinking my wolfs gonna topple over coz it's heads too heavy.

Mozag. Two thoughts. One, that's a lot of hunters. Two, I see colour coordination :D
Smyelmdar
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Runetotem/Kilrogg/Nagrand EU

Unread post by Smyelmdar »

During this expansion I have not tamed many of the new looks, exept for cranes. And I think it will be the same for this one.
Exept for hydras! And if we get stags and talbuks, my stables will be full. :D
But let's see. A lot can still change. They may make more new models. I'd love to see some new warp stalkers and some of the other Outland beasts that are also in Draenor.

I'll be waiting on the highland, with its wonderful serenity.
Where the stars glow and the brooks flow, that's my way of life.
When the mountains on the highland, and the nature is surrounding me, when the wind blows, that's all I need.

Divixon
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Frostmourne Alliance

Unread post by Divixon »

Image - gona camp there when wod goes live <3

either Image or Image - i saw some 1 tame with screenie.

zzz duno how to make them show the image >.>

^
** FIXED FOR YOU ! **
:)