Gara

Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
13thmaiden
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Re: Gara

Unread post by 13thmaiden »

Ziarre wrote:Now that I have Gara to look forward to, it's going to be such a long wait until November! ...I mean, I was excited before, but Gara is gorgeous.

Well, we do know that Naaru have a cycle--they spend time as a being of light, then a being of dark, then back again. Although I didn't know that happened to K'ure!
I know isn't she? I can't wait to see what we got to do for the fel-wolf!!

And yup, that's K'ure, Noboundo(?) is the one who states who it is being corrupted. So we have 3 more possiblities: K'ara, who was weakened and darkened in this alternate timeline but Velen sacrificed himself to bring it back to light life (VELEN WHY!? *sob*) So it's probably out.

Then there's also D'ore and A'dal.....We know A'dal is alive in our timeline, so it must be okay....but where's D'ore? In our timeline D'ore apparently DIED at the crashing of the Oshu'gun....so maybe it's possible that Xan is D'ore? Who the Draenei buried in Archindoun? The one who is speculated that a fragment of was what created Ashbringer? They are the only 4 stated of in WoD after all....
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

K'ure, as said, is corrupted in Osh'gan (Genedar) in the AU timeline. A'dal hasn't arrived yet on Draenor, I believe, since Tempest Keep isn't there yet. K'ara has been purified so she isn't Xan, and D'ore is buried in Auchindoun. However, D'ore never became a void god in MU and instead regenerated. You actually see this happen at the end of Auchenai Crypts. As far as we know, he hasn't gone void in AU Draenor. So Xan may be a fallen Naaru we don't know about, or he may not be one at all. There is a Void Lord whom uses the same model in Halls of Origination, but as far as we know he isn't a fallen Naaru and doesn't have the strength of one.
13thmaiden
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Valnaaros wrote:K'ure, as said, is corrupted in Osh'gan (Genedar) in the AU timeline. A'dal hasn't arrived yet on Draenor, I believe, since Tempest Keep isn't there yet. K'ara has been purified so she isn't Xan, and D'ore is buried in Auchindoun. However, D'ore never became a void god in MU and instead regenerated. You actually see this happen at the end of Auchenai Crypts. As far as we know, he hasn't gone void in AU Draenor. So Xan may be a fallen Naaru we don't know about, or he may not be one at all. There is a Void Lord whom uses the same model in Halls of Origination, but as far as we know he isn't a fallen Naaru and doesn't have the strength of one.

Hm, this is possible, it just seems more like he IS one, since he looks similar to Entropius and Decimatus, along with those strange back-wings which look like the sides of the Narru body (while those elite voidwalkers you kill to get Xan's attention have the very top piece of a naaru's body fragment.)

It's quite possible that Xan could be just another fallen naaru we don't know yet. Also I thought when a Naaru 'died' they became a void-god, then after a 1000 years, the regeneration of light has grown so much inside of them they are reborn as Naaru again?

Edit: Are you sure it's Halls of Origination? I haven't done them in awhile, but I seriously don't remember one of those in there....
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Yep. Right before you fight Setesh there is a trash mob using the exact same model and is called a Void Lord. The 1000 year regeneration isn't believed to canon since various sources in game claim that the Draenei have only been on Draenor for about 200-300 years, so that is not enough time for D'ore to regenerate after the crash. It is also said that he didn't become a Void God, but just became weakened and went into a void-like state, much like?M'ure did when he was captured by Kael'thas and held in Silvermoon.
13thmaiden
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Valnaaros wrote:Yep. Right before you fight Setesh there is a trash mob using the exact same model and is called a Void Lord. The 1000 year regeneration isn't believed to canon since various sources in game claim that the Draenei have only been on Draenor for about 200-300 years, so that is not enough time for D'ore to regenerate after the crash. It is also said that he didn't become a Void God, but just became weakened and went into a void-like state, much like?M'ure did when he was captured by Kael'thas and held in Silvermoon.

Hm, now I wanna go run Origins again XD

Well, if it's not D'ore, it's more probably that it's a naaru that we don't know. They seem to be the ones to become 'void gods/lords' so being that Setesh takes in the power of destruction, maybe it makes sense that he would draw in void god, or a fallen naaru, who at that stage would be wanting to 'destroy' life.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Lol.

It is possible that it is, though we do know of more than just those four. There are several in Shattrath, as well as a few scattered around Outland. Even one in the Exodar: O'ros. Honestly, my bet is that he is just a very powerful Void Lord and is just reusing the Void God model. Could be wrong, and honestly would love for Blizz to clarify.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Yeah, it's a really interesting topic, and like many NPCs it's hard to know if the model Blizzard chose means anything other than it was the only available model that fit at the time. I would love to know more about the origins of Light and Void beings and their relationships. And that includes Elune and her itinerant blue sister. ;) Hopefully they'll have the opportunity to go into that more in upcoming expansions and maybe we'll finally get to find out a bit of what's going on behind the scenes :)
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
13thmaiden
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Wain wrote:Yeah, it's a really interesting topic, and like many NPCs it's hard to know if the model Blizzard chose means anything other than it was the only available model that fit at the time. I would love to know more about the origins of Light and Void beings and their relationships. And that includes Elune and her itinerant blue sister. ;) Hopefully they'll have the opportunity to go into that more in upcoming expansions and maybe we'll finally get to find out a bit of what's going on behind the scenes :)
That would be nice, especially since they've been so quiet about The Blue Girl for so long XD She needs some love.

And it will be nice to get some more lore on the light and dark beings. Especially Elune, since the night elves get testy when the Dra offer the idea that maybe Elune is an Naaru herself. Maybe E'lune? Or M'usha?
Zanjin
Realm: Shadow Council, US

Unread post by Zanjin »

pretty cool "quest chain". hopefully there is more like it
vanilli

Unread post by vanilli »

Wow finally got around to catching up on this site, and a late congrats! This model is so amazing, and the quests and searching looks fun :D I can't wait for it to hit live and give it ago though it will be a hard choice for which Spirit Beast I will be running in WoD now!
Shade
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Alliance: Garona; Horde: Nordrassil

Unread post by Shade »

This is a really long board and I've not been able to read the entire thing-is there a post with a complete write up yet on how to tame her? I will want to get her eventually so I was thinking of saving the writeup on a word document so I do not loose it.
vanilli

Unread post by vanilli »

I believe there is on WoWhead and a few hunter based websites :)
Ziarre
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore-US, Wyrmrest Accord-US

Unread post by Ziarre »

Yeah, I think Bendak's blog has a writeup on it too.
Acherontia wrote:

It's like daring someone to go insult a bunch of kindly old nuns. You'll wind up going back to your friends with a story about how they smiled at your insults and tried to give you cookies, or something.

Shaiel - 110 Night Elf Hunter
Sahkar - 110 Mag'har Orc Hunter
Tumblr!

Lycanthrope
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Sisters of Elune, Cenarion Circle, Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Lycanthrope »

Shade wrote:This is a really long board and I've not been able to read the entire thing-is there a post with a complete write up yet on how to tame her? I will want to get her eventually so I was thinking of saving the writeup on a word document so I do not loose it.

Bendak has one right here-

http://eyesofthebeast.com/2014/09/gara- ... ing-quest/
Snypyr
Realm: Defias Brotherhood

Unread post by Snypyr »

I had such fun following this little detective mystery of a thread whilst you guys were trying to solve it, made me really wish I was in the Beta but I never got an invite :( I would have been all over this if I had! It's a cool new take on a "challenge" tame for us guys.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

I loved this whole thing, I feel bad that those on live won't quite get the same community detective thrill we got on beta (now that the "how-to" will be all over the internet).

When I had one of the pandaria tracking pets and someone asked me about it, I took several hunters out into the world, found tracks and taught them how to find, flare, and tame them. I loved it, it was hands on, and I felt helpful. Even the cataclsym challenges, I got to help people and loved that.

But on beta, when people ask me where I got gara, I just send them to a link like Bendak's (which are great, dont misunderstand). Its simply too much to help them out with one on one. While I loved and am very thankful for this entire Gara hunt, I will miss that aspect of hands on helping people with the challenges.
Snypyr
Realm: Defias Brotherhood

Unread post by Snypyr »

Quivering wrote:Even the cataclsym challenges, I got to help people and loved that.
Yeah, I saw a lot of people getting help from pals with the Firelands tames, specifically. Which is kinda cool in a way, it's selfless teamwork on the part of the non-hunter. Stuff like that should always be promoted.
Carmina

Unread post by Carmina »

So, is there any way to get help in the final part of the quest, killing the void lords and Xan? I am 95 right now, so Gara is, too, and I can not even scratch their surface....

C.

P.S (kinda makes me think back to the Grimtotem Spirit Guide :))
Stephen
Realm: Stormrage-US-Alliance

Unread post by Stephen »

Can someone please tell me if the white, ghostly version of Gara is tameble or in the plans to become tameable? The purple void wolf is way too flamboyant for my taste, but I would not mind the white ghostly one. Thanks
Aggannor
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: EU Wildhammer

Unread post by Aggannor »

Stephen wrote:Can someone please tell me if the white, ghostly version of Gara is tameble or in the plans to become tameable? The purple void wolf is way too flamboyant for my taste, but I would not mind the white ghostly one. Thanks
Sorry to be bearer of bad news, but at the moment it isn't and I don't think it will be. This is because ghostliness isn't part of the actual model, but an aura that has been attached to normal white wolf, and auras are lost upon taming. For that they would need to make new model with ghostliness build in, which I don't think will happen this far into beta.