Gara

Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
moonone
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Uldum

Re: Gara

Unread post by moonone »

Just ran heroic version of Shadowmoon - oddly enough first time got last boss down too. Once again - nothing in there to note.
I have item for Void Totem - just need to wait for right guy to visit inn to turn in. Doubt that will be anything though (do not see Blizz making us have a certain garrison building)
Going to get the robes now - see if that is anything - have my doubts with that also
Did some more exploring of ShdwMoon this morning - still nada.
Wish this was in Frostfire - I would be so more comfortable with the fact that everything was explored and looked at - I do not like being so un familiar with Shadowmoon - which almost makes me think that we are digging way to deep for this.

Seriously - how crazy can this be for a pet tame?

I think it is something simple we just have overlooked in the burial grounds or it is actually bugged which I think might be the case (would not be the first time a blizz employee had info wrong)
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Maybe we got it wrong and we're making a bad assumption that she's tameable!

"You scratch behind Gara's ears for the 100th time."
"This time you dislodge a giant Void Tick."

You tame the tick.

:lol:
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Arthur
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Staghelm and Azuremyst

Unread post by Arthur »

Is the lost nether wolf in the game, and if so anywhere near her? Maybe you need to reunite her spirit with her body?

I don't even have the beta, but I've been following this thread and thought i'd toss the idea out there.. Don't think anyone said it yet.. (If they did I'm sorry!!)

Imagemounts - pets - armoryImage

"If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor."

Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn

Unread post by Krysteena »

What does this lost nether wolf and those ID's for Gara look like? Are they the same as void wolves? I can't load this links so I've no idea what they look like.

Just had an idea. Gara is undead. We're supposed to bond with her. Perhaps, small chance but still, she's the mate of a dead wolf? She isn't mourning only a master, she's mourning a mate? Think on it. One of the graves is bare. There's no weapon on it. Perhaps there's a wolf underneath this? Her mate is dead, and so is she but she can't move on. Or her soul is stuck. Perhaps there's a rare item or treausre that is a tooth or claw. We take it to the grave and we attract Gara's attention. She leaps at us, and while we think it's a defensive or aggressive move, she latches onto us and transports us to the spirit world. Here, we see her soul (she's classed as undead because her body is there but without the soul it's grown weak and is fading from existence or something) which is being tormented. Around you fight the souls of those she's mourning, and you've got to protect her soul through a series of quests. Then...hmm. Then when we've saved her we go back into the real world and find ourselves at the grave. Gara is there, and she can't be attacked. She can only be tamed or something.

Or she's there because her mates soul is being tormented and he can't move on, so she's gone to the physical world to find someone worthy. We go through this whole quest line and we save her mate, who becomes tameable. He could be a void wolf. Then we return to the real world and we can feed Gara something. She grows to like us and too becomes tameable.

I dunno. Just ideas I had while eating chocolate cake. Oh the inspiration! :D
moonone
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by moonone »

Just made a post on the WOD Beta forums - see if opening this up to more people helps at all -

Tried to get the uniform from rise but the quest is bugged out on me so I can't continue it past assembling the garb. If someone else wants to try that or has the permanent suit already. Will probably do a little more exploring around Shadowmoon and FFR at some point today - spent for now.
Bgranger
Realm: Aerie peak

Unread post by Bgranger »

Here's a link to that forum post on the WoW site in case it gets lost in the forum pages like most posts usually do.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/14277357791
Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Unread post by Kurasu »

Lupen202 wrote:Maybe Om'ra, but a toy item doesn't seem like it'd fit this whole taming ordeal... Bleh.
Well, a pair of completely innocuous rogue glyphs are needed to get hold of one certain specific toy item from Cataclysm (the bag). To me, it wouldn't be totally against expectation for a toy to be needed for the taming, as long as the toy was available to everybody (or at least to hunters).

Not saying that it's *totally* what's needed, but I don't feel it's outside the realm of possibility.
Come see Kurasu's stables!
moonone
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by moonone »

Muffinus just responded to my last tweet to him. No hints - but he is watching and loves our theories.

Hopefully my beta forums post will get more people involved. I did consider the possibility of enticing some people to come grief the process - but in the end it's probably a good thing to see if something like that could become a problem or not - better to find out now than on live :D

Not sure where to focus later when I log on.
Finish looking around Frostfire?
Poke around Shadowmoon some more?
Try some more stuff with Gara (not sure what though)

I know I have killed a good amount of the guys around the Burial Grounds. I've seen a lot of others doing this too. Would imagine someone would have gotten a drop if that is what we still need.

Hesitant to start opening up my search to the other zones - would Nagrand be the most likely?

As far as kiting stuff - unless your a level 90 (even still) remember to remove all your items and maybe use a low level weapon to kite around appropriate mobs so they don't die easy. That is how I have gotten all the mobs I have kited over to Gara. Ones I have tried
Mother O
White Wolf leader that's running around to the west
spirit owls
elephants
priests nearby

off to watch the twitch stream - be back later
Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn

Unread post by Krysteena »

Muffinus! I know you're there! Please give these poor souls a clue! I'm worried one of them might go insane from all this Gara business!

Righty. Can someone make a list of what items we've got that could possibly be connected to Gara? If we put these all together we might get somewhere. Get them all together and look it all over. Take a step back and take a different approach. I'd get a list myself, but I'm not on Beta (such a shame, but I don't wanna ruin the experience when it goes live.)

I'm guessing someone's tried to see if she's tameable now anyway. First undead pet perhaps? No. We get to feel close to Gara. Simply taming her won't do it. I swear, depending on the MC thing, once I get to 92 I'll waddle over to SMV and refuse to leave until we discover Gara's secret. I reckon we won't know how we tame her until it goes live. Or we'll figure it out just before. Come on guys, detective work!
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

On the beach south of the Burial Grounds (may be south west), there are a bunch of mobs trapped in time bubbles, some of which are from Wargol in Frostfire ridge. Thats the only other connection to the Frostwolf Clan I have seen in this zone.
Toothy
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Uther/Runetotem

Unread post by Toothy »

Maybe even one hint would reveal the whole truth behind how to tame Gara, which is why Muffinus is not giving out any.
Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade, Frostwolf, Proudmoore

Unread post by Lupen202 »

The arrakoa there says you have to have enchanting to help him, though. Not saying it can't be connected, especially when we've tried literally everything but...

And of course Muffinus is enjoying this. Cruel gnome. :( Lol.

I don't think a hint would reveal everything if he's careful. Just a simple "It's all completed in SMV" would be a huge help. If we're told it can't be done in SMV and that something in another zone is involved, we'd know we weren't wasting our time going over the other areas with a fine toothed comb...

Neiara - NE Hunter - Burning Blade (US) - Denial of Service

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

moonone
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by moonone »

The guys in bubbles on the beach are alli version of enchanters questline. There is a thing like this in Frostfire. Should be a dead end.
In that area is a rare though - somewhat similar to Mother O. She drops a mace and garrison resources. Nothing else to note. I do not believe you can kite her around.

One question I have - kind of forgot about these. There were rare mobs up on Soth Rise - I have not seen them though this build yet. They were I think lvl 101/102 and were kinda rough to solo. Wonder if they drop something? One thing I have not personally been able to try yet.
Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Having a spirit beast from a previous expansion doesn't do anything, does it? Probably not but just brainstorming here. :( My beta hunter doesn't have any yet, but I could copy my live hunter over. Only, she's level 90 when copied over... And we still don't know if you need to be 100 to do the entirety of this thing.

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Aoife
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Mok'Nathal et al.

Unread post by Aoife »

Lupen202 wrote:Having a spirit beast from a previous expansion doesn't do anything, does it? Probably not but just brainstorming here. :( My beta hunter doesn't have any yet, but I could copy my live hunter over. Only, she's level 90 when copied over... And we still don't know if you need to be 100 to do the entirety of this thing.
I just trotted out Ghostcrawler, Skoll, and Karoma - ate some shadowberries too. Nothing. /sigh.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

moonone
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by moonone »

I have seen hunters with different SB's out running around doing stuff - so probably not - I have every one on my hunter so I could start testing that - but seems far fetched

I did notice a couple things. There was a mini patch just a bit ago. A lot of stuff in Shadowmoon is off kilter now.
some mobs are frozen in place
there were npc's up on Soc rise you could talk to while using the quest robes - they are gone now

Also to note - I was messing around in Shaz'gul again - and noticed that none of the mobs have drops. Save for the butcher up there.
Is he part of an Alli quest and drops something for you guys? Otherwise that is maybe something to take note of?

And also - down in Burial Grounds - the guy with two priestess by the large stone in center - the binder - he has no drops - unlike everything else. Maybe that is something?
jensketch
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Stormrage

Unread post by jensketch »

I just tried getting to really low health next to Gara and eating the Shadowberries -- to no avail.

After the tiny update I brought another character out there and killed Mother Om'ra and talked to Gara. Nothing has changed. Same results.

I'm going to take a break and see if doing something else for awhile will inspire any new ideas.
Aoife
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Mok'Nathal et al.

Unread post by Aoife »

I just tried a Rope Pet Leash just for kicks. Nothing.

I was wondering about the Fetch and Play Dead glyphs - my hunter doesn't have those but I'll see if I can get them for her.

Kassiara suggested something in Alterac Valley since it's the BG with the Frostwolf Clan... I queued and then dc'd so still don't know about that.

:(
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Toothy
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Uther/Runetotem

Unread post by Toothy »

has anyone tried doing things when in a group with other BMs with Gara? Probably won't lead anywhere but might as well try everything we can.
Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

I just keep thinking about FFR... Why put frostwolf gravestones and not Shadowmoon gravestones (which you can see around any SM orc sites) if they wanted us to comb through Shadowmoon areas? And it'd make sense too for faction balance and all that - horde would have to go to SMV to get to Gara, and Alliance would have to go to FFR to progress towards taming Gara. Both "starting" areas would be involved.

She's also a white wolf - or frostwolf. You can tell by looking at her portrait after clicking on her. Shamans' ghostwolf isn't the white skin as far as I'm aware? So it isn't a skin shared by all spectral wolves. But that could just be a coincidence.

Maybe there's an item laying somewhere on the outskirts of a frostwolf settlement, so it's still accessible to Alli.

But I know FFR has been looked into as well, with nothing (so far). Hmm :(

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |