Emerald Drake Source Discussion

Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Emerald Drake Source Discussion

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

MODERATOR NOTE: SPLIT THIS TOPIC OFF FROM THE FELFIRE HAWK DISCUSSION.

LupisDarkmoon wrote:My point was more that it'll likely be easier to get the Emerald Drake now, rather than harder. I don't really like either mount!
Oh sorry, my bad, I must have miss interpreted :oops:

I think the green drake will be most definitely be easier to get than the 250 achieve to get as a whole, regardless of it's implementation (but probably excluding BMAH :? ).

Well Mr Muff's confirmed it won't drop from Valithria (which was my 1st guess if it was to drop from a legacy raid) but then that does not leave that many raids it could drop from (from a logical and logistical sense). Also with him confirming that it won't drop from an exact Mob, does kind of infer that it will drop from someone... but then who? ;)

There is only 2 other raids that have a Green Dragonflight connection, Firelands and it's connection with Alysra (whom has now become Alysrazor) and Ahn'Qiraj that contains both Merithra, (Ysera's daughter and I think essentially next in line but she is in Nightelf form and held captive by the Qiraji) and Vethsera, (who is located out the front of Ahn'Qiraj and gives you loot associated with, also in night elf form)

Not a cell in my body want's Alysrazor to drop it, I was very happy to stop farming that, but logically she would make the best candidate of the "raids" that are left. That and as you can actually kill her, it could be easily enough added to her loot table, even if she already drops the Flame Talon mount. It could be the last little bit of her past green past [Soul of the Green Drake] or what have you. That said maybe Majordomo could drop it, he was the one responsible for creating the "New Her" and so maybe he has the last part of her infirm green hunanityerrr... dragonity?

Not sure how they would add it to Ahn'Qiraj, but they could just have C'thul Drop it or something, I guess he's the one who is in control of the Qiraji whom are holding Merithra prisoner?

That said if they decide to make it a drop, by not from a raid, it would also open up the Temple of Atal'Hakkar in which as a fairly heavy green dragon flight presence. And of all the Mobs/Bosses to potentially drop it, the Shade of Eranikus would probably be the best fit as he is essentially running the dragon show in the Temple of Atal'Hakka.

That said and done, last time I looked at the pole for the green drake, the "Add it to a WoD Faction" was in the lead anyways :lol:

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
ejpaints
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Aerie Peak

Re: Felfire Hawk

Unread post by ejpaints »

I'm happy with the change Bc I really love that fire hawk model. But I was fine with the emerald drake. Already sitting at 206 and I've still got several AT mounts I can farm so 250 isn't that out of reach considering the # WoD will also be adding.

Something I can't seem to clarify though since I'm not in beta that maybe one of you can help with.... Faction mounts list separate in WoD. So does that mean the mount count goes up, down or stays the same if you have toons on both factions? I mean I myself can't remember which ones I purchased on horde and vice versa.
Enikka & Gara.
Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

SpiritBinder wrote: There is only 2 other raids that have a Green Dragonflight connection, Firelands and it's connection with Alysra (whom has now become Alysrazor) and Ahn'Qiraj that contains both Merithra, (Ysera's daughter and I think essentially next in line but she is in Nightelf form and held captive by the Qiraji) and Vethsera, (who is located out the front of Ahn'Qiraj and gives you loot associated with, also in night elf form)
What about the Battle for Mt Hyjal? Hyjal is linked to the green flight via all the cata quests now and their alliance with the druids - to me that would make the most sense for a legacy raid drop. You can say at the time it was relevant the green flight really had no connection but since we are talking legacy I think it can be over looked ;)

I really hope it isn't Firelands, that raid already has 2 drop mounts - It would be better if it was added to a old raid it be one without a mount to farm at present. Thats just how i feel.

then again it could just end up a faction grind, I'm so glad we finally get our green either way!

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master

Castile wrote: What about the Battle for Mt Hyjal? Hyjal is linked to the green flight via all the cata quests now and their alliance with the druids - to me that would make the most sense for a legacy raid drop. You can say at the time it was relevant the green flight really had no connection but since we are talking legacy I think it can be over looked ;)
Maybe, but is there any NPC/Mob already in the "Battle for Mt Hyjal' raid that is or has any connection to the green dragonflight? They would have to retcon something in, and if they were to do that, well then the sky's the limit and it's no longer a simple addition. Hell they could bring back Emeriss or either of the other 3 Green Dragons of the Nightmare on a extremely long respawn rates with 100% chance drop at the Drake mount, or maybe really low % drop chance, or maybe even scale them up to lvl 100 (like when Onyxia was redone) etc, etc.

I guess the parameters I was trying sticking to was "Drops From Legacy Raid Boss" rather than trying to think of a new way to implement it as such, other wise I'd come up with 100 different ways. ;)

­
­
­
Castile
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Castile »

I like re-implementing the world dragons idea!! I used to love to solo those in BC just cause I could. Took me a while but was really fun. I got the quiver to match my rok'delar that way <3 I really missed them when they took them out. Could do them like the isle rares where anyone can tag and get loot :D 40 random ppl bringing down a world dragon? oh yeah baby!!!

Shadowlands

Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

According to the poll thus far, rep grind is ahead at 41% so it's unlikely it'll be a raid drop unless somehow the legacy raid pulls ahead(they're sitting at 33 or 34%).

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Xella
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Skywall-US

Unread post by Xella »

Valithria (in ICC) seems like another green dragonflight connection. I think putting it there would be kind of a jerk move, though (since any class without some sort of healing offspec or whatever couldn't solo it and while the "well, bring a friend or skip it" thing works when all you're looking at is transmog, that sort of falls apart when you have something that's gonna be even rarer than the 15% chance or whatever it is a certain piece of loot has of dropping :\
Current main: Xella-Skywall | Art Stuffs | Brains.
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master

Xella wrote:Valithria (in ICC) seems like another green dragonflight connection.
That was my 1st guess to, but as I mentioned prior, Muff's has already said that it would NOT be her :)

­
­
­
Divixon
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Frostmourne Alliance

Unread post by Divixon »

i pref the fire hawk over the green drake, we got a albino drake from i think the 50 mount achive? *bad memory* and woo 40 mounts till 250!

and wow has added quite alot of mounts, easly hit to 250 in no time :3

but why make a cata model for another mount achive? no wod mount or something? still say its a load of cow :twisted:
Slickrock

Unread post by Slickrock »

Green drake should drop from a scaled up Omen.
Account has been closed at user's request.
peanutbuttercup
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by peanutbuttercup »

Latest news on Emerald Drake

https://twitter.com/TheCrafticus/status ... 8692180994

I personally doubt it'll go live like that though, maybe it'll be "Get 6 of the following" sort of thing?
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

peanutbuttercup wrote:Latest news on Emerald Drake

https://twitter.com/TheCrafticus/status ... 8692180994

I personally doubt it'll go live like that though, maybe it'll be "Get 6 of the following" sort of thing?
I wouldn't be surprised if it stayed all or most of them. Many of those are fairly simple to solo farm now and people who are enthusiastic collectors would likely already have many of the easier ones.

Though I would prefer it if they added Experiment 12-B (which is a little more difficult, but trivial for two people to farm) and removed some of the newer model ones, so make it more of a "collect the set of colours" thing.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
peanutbuttercup
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

I just think (since they're asking for feedback) that enough people will pipe up with "But low drop mounts make this unfair!" and that they'll take that into account to keep the mount from being TOO exclusive.

I personally think 12-B and Albino Drake would be a better fit than the Blazing and Sandstone in this grouping, given the models. Also if you can get to Deathwing you can most likely handle Ultraxion too (and Ultraxion should be soloable in WoD).
Castile
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Castile »

Aw man just missing the Blazing Drake!! I think they should keep the rares in - collectors will be farming them anyway or you can farm butt tonnes of gold and buy them from the BMAH.

And no please don't add 12-B over a blazing drake - it has a lower drop rate (blazing drake is suppose to be like 10% - 12-B like 1-3%) Onyxian is already in there with the extra low drop rate and the Sandstone you can just buy so thats not hard just pricey. I think they have made good choices :)

Shadowlands

Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

They should remove the Blazing Drake and the Sandstone. Neither are part of the original flight drakes. -.-; Blazing is not very easy to get either. I rarely see anyone doing Dragon Soul, let alone wanting to do it. I farmed Heroic Dragon Soul back when it was current and normal. Never saw either mount drop ONCE. We raided three days a week too, if thats any indication to how much of a pain in the butt this drop actually is.

Sandstone is just expensive as hell and an alchemic transformation, hardly even a true dragon.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master

Emerald Drake

Junrei wrote:Blazing is not very easy to get either. I rarely see anyone doing Dragon Soul, let alone wanting to do it. I farmed Heroic Dragon Soul back when it was current and normal. Never saw either mount drop ONCE. We raided three days a week too, if thats any indication to how much of a pain in the butt this drop actually is.
It's drop chance is MUCH higher than the Azure, Blue and Onyxian. We saw drop

If you even did Heroic 25M Deathwing you would have HAD to see one, it was a guaranteed drop along with the Handmaiden, in fact you would frequently sometimes get 2 blazings and a handmaiden. In 10H man you would get a guaranteed drop of the Handmaiden, and frequently an additional blazing.

It will be easy to solo come WoD, and as much as you luck may have been cruddy with you previous experience in DS, we should be counting our lucky stars its not the handmaiden in the achievement, as it's drop rate is the same as the Azure, Blue and Onyxian.

­
­
­
Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn

Unread post by Krysteena »

All I need is the onyxian and the sandstone and I'd be able to get that achievement. Wait. The blazing too. Do you guys reckon DS will be soloable in Draenor? Also, what difficulty does the blazing drake drop from? I think they should remove the onyxian and the sandstone, however I don't mind if the sandstone stays. 0.2% drop rate, come on. I'd the emerald drake simply had that plain drake model and no distinct features, this achievement will be pants. I'm not farming Onyxia just so I can have an emerald drake that is an ill and sleepy version of my albino...

Sandstone, ugh. I simply haven't got the gold for that beauty. 50k? Yeah, in your dreams will I ever have that much gold in my bags. Also, what is the drop rate of the handmaiden now and what difficulty does it drop from now? Can you still get a blazing or two drop when you run heroic deathwing? If so...I may have a guild run of this at some point ^_^
Thwip
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Elune/Gilneas [US]

Unread post by Thwip »

Junrei wrote:They should remove the Blazing Drake and the Sandstone. Neither are part of the original flight drakes. -.-; Blazing is not very easy to get either. I rarely see anyone doing Dragon Soul, let alone wanting to do it. I farmed Heroic Dragon Soul back when it was current and normal. Never saw either mount drop ONCE. We raided three days a week too, if thats any indication to how much of a pain in the butt this drop actually is.

Sandstone is just expensive as hell and an alchemic transformation, hardly even a true dragon.

I honestly don't mind the sandstone, but being someone who actually raided with a group through DS on a weekly basis [Late Cata, but we still went every week we could.], we only ever saw the Blazing drop once and my BFF has it. I didn't get the chance to even run Heroics. That's the only time I have ever seen it drop. So if that stays, I'm going to be a very grumpy camper about this achiev since this is the main color drake I've wanted since Wrath. :/ Blazing just seems like overdoing it.

And if I'm not mistaken, it had it'd drop chanced nerfed after MoP went live. WoWhead is saying 4%. Azure's = 3%. Blue = 4% Onyxian = 1.3%. Even with the Onyxian being lower...it's still a much easier farm then Blazing is currently. Ony took me about three months running 11 toons every week. I got it before my Fiery Warhorse, Raven Lord, and I've yet to get my Ashes. I think the two blues, and the Ony is enough in the low drop category in my eyes.

Btag name is Buu! US Horde

Thwip - Xanbu - Lymphoma

peanutbuttercup
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Kayro wrote:Do you guys reckon DS will be soloable in Draenor? Also, what difficulty does the blazing drake drop from?

Also, what is the drop rate of the handmaiden now and what difficulty does it drop from now?
DS is mostly soloable now (I am unsure about Spine, if he'll roll without a player to counterbalance...) Blazing drops off normal or heroic DS.

Handmaiden is 1% now and only off heroic DW. I don't know if heroic DS will be soloable in WoD due to some mechanics that are meant to be instant kill (Ultrax, Spine) but I have 2 manned up to heroic Ultraxion, and also heroic gunship.

It doesn't affect me if they keep the meta as is but I really don't think the intent was to make the Emerald Drake super hard to get. So I'm calling it right now - they'll change it to omit some of the rarer drops or change it to require some, but not all, of the drakes listed.
Last edited by peanutbuttercup on Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master

If I got to pick, I actually agree with Wain and they should add the Chromatic and Albino in the Blazing and Sandstones stead. That way it would be all the Classic Drakes. That would be perfect imo.

As for people complaining about missing one here or there for the achievement... Well whats wrong with having to work a little harder/wait a little longer for an achievement that's not even in game yet??

How exciting and fun is it when you just log into the game and oh... here have a drake, no effort required, no wanting or earning it.... I'd find it utterly boring, and achievement with zero achievement. Anyway, just leave feedback in the tweet that asking for it and what will be will be I guess.

­
­
­