Full screen glow

Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Danielfboone
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Draka

Re: Full screen glow

Unread post by Danielfboone »

The settings that are applied when you start the game are contained in the config.wtf file that is found in your WTF folder. The file can be opened with a text editor like Word, Notepad, etc. In my config file, I did not find any mention of ffxglow but there is a line that says, SET ffxdeath "0". Maybe, for some people, using the macro to turn off the glow without it containing the word SET, does not put an entry in the config file and that is why it does not stick. I'm going to test this out. When I was trying to turn off the glow, I had entered the command /console ffxdeath 0 but it didn't seem to do anything more than the /console ffxglow 0 did.
Danielfboone
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Okay, I removed the ffxdeath line and tried out my macro without SET in it. It did add a SET ffxglow "0" line at the end of the config file but did not add the SET ffxdeath line.

One other thing I noticed is there is a line saying SET coresDetected. Mine was saying "1". I changed it to "6" which is what I have and I'm seeing an increase in framerates and overall performance. I think it said "1" because I didn't do a fresh install of WoW on this machine but just copied the entire WoW folder from my laptop. It is quad core but I had also copied over the WoW folder on it from my older laptop which is a single core machine.

EDIT: I just deleted the config.wtf file and had the game generate a new one. There were some deprecated settings in the old one.
Shinryu Masaki
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Shinryu Masaki »

ffxdeath is the ghostly white effect we only see when we are dead. Did you try getting killed while testing it?
ImageImage
Danielfboone
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Shinryu Masaki wrote:ffxdeath is the ghostly white effect we only see when we are dead. Did you try getting killed while testing it?
I know that and I wasn't seeing it before. I'm going to see now if with the glow turned off if the death effect is off as well. I didn't test that yet.

Also, the new config file does not have the coresDetected line in it. I guess that is only for single core machines and turns the settings down some. Single core computers don't handle WoW very well these days. So, maybe if you see that line in your config.wtf and you have a dual core or better CPU, you should delete it.