What do you hope they fix before launch?

Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Danielfboone
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Draka

What do you hope they fix before launch?

Unread post by Danielfboone »

I'm pretty satisfied with the Hunter class but of course there are still some bugs in beta. The thing I most hope they fix (at least I hope it's a bug) is the ridiculous size of some of the beasts summoned by Dire Beast. Some, like the Clefthooves and Elekks, are so huge I can't see what I should be targeting or even if there is a target. I can only imagine the problems their size would cause for a tank in your party.
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Re: What do you hope they fix before launch?

Unread post by Vephriel »

The anti-aliasing options. :/
Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

Anti-aliasing options, definitely. Also the druid travel form glyphs, I'd really like to be able to choose travel or flight form without giving up mount speed.

And, uh, I'd really love to see the skull face option for female undead implemented, and some more work on undead faces in general. I'm sure it'll happen, but I'm getting itchy about it.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

Warriors are still in the game, so hopefully they'll finally fix that ;)

Aside from what been mentioned, the biggest thing that bothers me is how they have made the ground paths in WoD for grounded mounts. I get snagged ALL THE TIME. Plus if you are walking on a ledge, and the lower area is only like.. idk a few feet down but due to it being steep you can't climb it, having to run all the way around a place because of this is annoying. If we end up flying later, it won't be a big deal, but if flying stays away, then I hope they make a lot of these areas easier to access.
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

Vephriel wrote:The anti-aliasing options. :/
This, above all else. :(

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

Well they have seemed to have miss coloured all the orcs they are brown! WTF

Oh wait.

*ahem* real answer here is um I don't really know so I'm going to go with "all of the above besides flying"
Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

LupisDarkmoon wrote:Anti-aliasing options, definitely. Also the druid travel form glyphs, I'd really like to be able to choose travel or flight form without giving up mount speed.

And, uh, I'd really love to see the skull face option for female undead implemented, and some more work on undead faces in general. I'm sure it'll happen, but I'm getting itchy about it.
The glyphs above all. D:

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn

Unread post by Krysteena »

Hmm lets see...

Druid travel forms. Maybe I wanna be a stag in an area where I can fly? I've got that glyph of the stag, so I guess it shouldn't bother me too much. Doing this is like saying "we've put boomkin, bear and cat forms in one button. So, when you click it, you go to the form most useful to your selected specialization." Just leave the buttons alone!

Anti-aliasing. When everyone made a fuss I didn't have a clue what they were talking about. But I know it makes a difference and I realised that I also play with these options. (Yes, I had Vephs screenies form one thread at hand, and I was studying my blood elf's eyebrows) I'd rather see models in pretty pixels...even if blood elves have to wait a while.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Selfishly, I hope they fix the new texture of my white tauren so he doesn't look undead, or like clammy plaster. Similarly I hope they "unfix" the Draenei torso so my shammy doesn't look like a blue gorilla with a gorilla/Homer Simpson set of goofy expressions on his face. (Bitchy, I know, but I really wish they hadn't touched the Draenei right now. They seem to have just wholesale copied the Mogu frame over for convenience)
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Divixon
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Frostmourne Alliance

Unread post by Divixon »

eww blizz made flight form/other form i read a glyph? sheesh :o

lets hope they fix the good ones =/
Doc Privas
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Unread post by Doc Privas »

Vephriel wrote:The anti-aliasing options. :/
This so much :? I actually like all the WoD changes but I'm really worried about this. I'm the kind of guy that would play at 10 fps but with texture/anti aliasing on ultra, because I can't stand low quality :cry:

Cloudstrider - Highmountain Tauren Hunter
Argent Dawn EU

Xella
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Skywall-US

Unread post by Xella »

There's a bug in the mac version where Windowed-Fullscreen mode minimizes if you tab out, which makes playing in Windowed-Fullscreen significantly less useful than it was (it may as well be just regular fullscreen with that behaviour; the only difference is you can fire+forget Netflix on your other monitor until it complains at you for watching three Futurama episodes in a row without actually interacting with the box) and it's been in since I first got into beta (when it started).

It also happens in Diablo 3. And Heroes of the Storm. And Starcraft II. It's a major reason why I no longer play those games (well, no, that's unfair... I never had any interest in SC2 so its ability to work properly in windowed-fullscreen was never a consideration. D3 though, definitely a good 45% of why I don't play it anymore. 45% windowed-fullscreen, 45% not being able to start it up independently of the BDA (which I've heard might just be an issue with my install since other mac friends say they don't error out when they try to start D3 up independent of the BDA like I do), and 10% being done with story mode and not being interested enough in just grinding for loot for it to cancel out that other 90%).

It does NOT happen on the live client and hasn't acted like that on the live client for the ten and change years I've been playing the game. If that behaviour goes live there's the very real possibility that I'll quit, flat out. It's THAT much of a dealbreaker for me—not being able to play in windowed-fullscreen and being able to tab in and out at will hurts my soloing, hurts my rep grinding, hurts my timeless isle farming, hurts my raiding (I'm in charge of my guild's loot database, I _NEED_ to be able to see raid chat while I'm tabbed out of the game), hurts my ability to multitask both outside of and inside the game. I've been playing the beta in proper Windowed mode and it works but it's not great and is a waste of screen real estate (link: Mists/live in windowed-fullscreen; Warlords/beta in windowed overlayed on top). And it's ugly. And it makes me feel like the second monitor I bought for myself for my birthday this year was a waste of money :(

And I just spent like ten minutes ranting about this AGAIN because it frustrates me even more than my characters not looking like themselves 75% of the time with the new models, and that's saying something haha :\ Sorry, I'm just super passionate about it, and it's sort of... blocking out my ability to deal with other issues in any sort of rational fashion :x

The anti-aliasing and inability to turn off fullscreen glow thing (the latter more than the former for me) also needs a fix—I can live with jaggies (albeit not happily haha) but I can't deal with the bloom, especially in high-saturation/brightness areas because it starts hitting just the right areas of my eyes to make my head hurt. Similarly: the flashing/pulsing effect of the dark portal on the new login screen is WAY too intense for me and sometimes I can't even make it the 10-15 seconds it takes for the game to load up, me to type in my password, and the game to connect me to bnet + get me to the char select screen before the flashes put me in migrainetown (I think it depends on where it starts the animation cycle at because some sections of the loop are a LOT better than others).

I'm really angry about all the visual things because prior to mists I didn't really HAVE issues with any of the visual effects in the game from a health standpoint. I guess now being at the tail end of my 20s isn't helping in that regard, though :\ *waves crotchety old lady stick from the porch rocker*
Current main: Xella-Skywall | Art Stuffs | Brains.
Danielfboone
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Draka

Unread post by Danielfboone »

Is the AA really that big of an issue? I honestly don't see anything wrong with it and I'm using the FXAA-Low setting. When I go into live with my settings of 4XMSAA, it looks exactly the same to me. I run 4XAF in both as well. I could set things higher but see no need to.

I prefer a look of rounded items rather than flat, unnaturally sharp cardboard cutouts. That's how the game looks to me on full ultra settings. It loses 3D depth in my opinion.