Face Customization at Barber Shops in WoD!

Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Chimera
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary (H), Silver Hand (A), Moon Guard (A)

Face Customization at Barber Shops in WoD!

Unread post by Chimera »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4mTt0UnATs

FINALLY.

Aside from skin color and gender which is still not an option, pretty much everything aesthetic about your character (minus gender but I'd rather not get THAT flesh-shaping-creepy-scientist-y in-game) is customizable now! No need to pay for a re-customization just to change your facial expression!

Frostmarrow by LupisDarkmoon

| Dragon Cave | Magistream | Flight Rising |

peanutbuttercup
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Re: Face Customization at Barber Shops in WoD!

Unread post by peanutbuttercup »

It's being discussed in the general "new character models" thread - http://forums.wow-petopia.com/viewtopic ... 20#p513235 :)
Chimera

Unread post by Chimera »

I figured it's something big enough to be its own thread-- but if not, then I've no quarrel with someone merging it into that thread~

Ickabob
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Ickabob »

Just gonna mention that Rygarius confirmed over Twitter that it'll go live.

https://twitter.com/Rygarius/status/509841717697466368
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

I'm so pleased to hear about this! It'll really make a huge difference, I was worrying about having to recustomize so many of my characters because I might have liked one of the other new faces better.
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

I think this is so so so so good as well, it will all but dissolves any issues with people wanting free a "Appearance Change" due to not being happy with how their original facial choice ended up after the WoD upgrades. I'm not sure this is a feature that should necessarily be in the barber shop though, never met a hairstylist I'd trust to also give me a nose job :lol:

Maybe a new NPC that works as a body Illusionist/modifier...? **Puts on best Dr Krastinov's voice** "The Doctor is in" :D
They could just add them in/with the Barber shop and maybe even give this NPC the option to change skin colour... pretty plz? . . . well one can dream :P

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Ickabob
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Ickabob »

Animal races can currently change their skin color at the barber, so I think it's only fair to allow everyone else to. I'm willing to bet that they might just cave and give it to us if the demand is great enough. I really don't see what harm it would do.

It just dawned on me that allowing us to change our faces at the barber might be paving the way for future customization features, such as all new faces and possibly even sub races. Then again I'm likely just reading too much into this and letting my imagination get the best of me. :)
Divixon
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Frostmourne Alliance

Unread post by Divixon »

mmm i read it on forums but it dosent say its unlimited changes or just the 1 for that char. i did see the 32g pay but sometimes blizz makes these things 1 char per or just 1 char and nothing else, can anyone comfirm it as unlimited changes?

i dont have beta :c
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Maizou »

Ziroth wrote:mmm i read it on forums but it dosent say its unlimited changes or just the 1 for that char. i did see the 32g pay but sometimes blizz makes these things 1 char per or just 1 char and nothing else, can anyone comfirm it as unlimited changes?

i dont have beta :c
It's the barber shop. I doubt it will be a 1 time thing. :P

This is the best beta news I've heard.

Now if only they'd be smart and make the MC LFR level 90+ instead of 100 :/
Doc Privas
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Unread post by Doc Privas »

Vephriel wrote:I'm so pleased to hear about this! It'll really make a huge difference, I was worrying about having to recustomize so many of my characters because I might have liked one of the other new faces better.
This. A really great news!

Cloudstrider - Highmountain Tauren Hunter
Argent Dawn EU

Bulletdance
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Vek'nilash

Unread post by Bulletdance »

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!
Ickabob
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Ickabob »

Myzou wrote:Now if only they'd be smart and make the MC LFR level 90+ instead of 100 :/
This is a tiny bit off topic, but they already said that the anniversary event will last well into January, giving people plenty of time to level up. Hell, they're waiting until December to even open Highmaul, the first raid of the expansion.

That's plenty of time, even if you've got a few alts, especially given that leveling this go round seems faster and easier than ever.
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Maizou »

Ickabob wrote:
Myzou wrote:Now if only they'd be smart and make the MC LFR level 90+ instead of 100 :/
This is a tiny bit off topic, but they already said that the anniversary event will last well into January, giving people plenty of time to level up. Hell, they're waiting until December to even open Highmaul, the first raid of the expansion.

That's plenty of time, even if you've got a few alts, especially given that leveling this go round seems faster and easier than ever.
Maybe for you. Not for me. I shouldn't feel rushed to run through the new content to celebrate the LAST ten years.
Chimera

Unread post by Chimera »

Myzou wrote:
Ickabob wrote:

Maybe for you. Not for me. I shouldn't feel rushed to run through the new content to celebrate the LAST ten years.
I'm in agreement with you, Myzou. I've been peeved since the announcement but they're going to be adamant about it, I know, as they generally always are, so I've not even bothered to really talk about it. Guaranteed mount at the end of the run though which is nice but it would still be nice not to have that pressure in the back of my mind to get to 100 and join a successful raid in time.

Back to the barber shop though...
SpiritBinder wrote:I think this is so so so so good as well, it will all but dissolves any issues with people wanting free a "Appearance Change" due to not being happy with how their original facial choice ended up after the WoD upgrades. I'm not sure this is a feature that should necessarily be in the barber shop though, never met a hairstylist I'd trust to also give me a nose job :lol:

Maybe a new NPC that works as a body Illusionist/modifier...? **Puts on best Dr Krastinov's voice** "The Doctor is in" :D
They could just add them in/with the Barber shop and maybe even give this NPC the option to change skin colour... pretty plz? . . . well one can dream :P
This would be AWESOME. Image

Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

I wish they could! I want to make a brown orc damnit....D:

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Maizou »

Chimera wrote:Guaranteed mount at the end of the run though which is nice but it would still be nice not to have that pressure in the back of my mind to get to 100 and join a successful raid in time.
Don't forget the unique companion pet that's a random drop from the bosses. Something I'm sure wiill take many many runs to get.
candycoated
Realm: Dath'Remar (Alliance)

Unread post by candycoated »

SpiritBinder wrote:I think this is so so so so good as well, it will all but dissolves any issues with people wanting free a "Appearance Change" due to not being happy with how their original facial choice ended up after the WoD upgrades. I'm not sure this is a feature that should necessarily be in the barber shop though, never met a hairstylist I'd trust to also give me a nose job :lol:

Oh, this is wonderful news! I actually like my Nelf hunter's old model face far more than her updated one, which I loathe. For some reason they made the updated version (on current 6.0.2 PTR) wider, more pudgy, and jaw bigger, which makes no sense to me as the original was a very slim face without any prominent features. I wouldn't have asked for a free appearance change, but it's good to know that I will be able to change it in game :)

I never thought something like this would be an issue for me, but I actually HATE the updated face enough to pay real money to change it >_< With that said, my Nelf druid's updated face is quite nice and I like it a lot more than the old model.
Myrrmi
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: [EU] The Mealstron, Emerald Dream, Bloodhoof

Unread post by Myrrmi »

Growing Internet Dragons:
(> My DragonCave <|> My TaleofDragons <|> My MagiStream <|> My FlightRising <)
Please, CLICK so we don't run out of Internet Dragons to kill :)