Molten Core Anniversary Dungeon

Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Re: Molten Core Anniversary Dungeon

Unread post by Kurasu »

Myzou wrote:
Kurasu wrote:The difference here, though, is that the holiday dungeons aren't 'one time only, and once the month is over, it will *NEVER* happen again'. Instead, with them, you have the chance to wait for next year.
Except according to twitter, the MC will -NEVER- happen again.

Only the BG may return and they made sure to specify that's a may, not a will.
That's *exactly* what I'm saying. Holiday dungeons happen once a year. MC happens for two months, and then *NEVER AGAIN*.
Come see Kurasu's stables!
Divixon
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Frostmourne Alliance

Unread post by Divixon »

aha yea sorry i misread the dates :shock: blonde moment :shock:

yea seems like plenty of time. tho i think ill be doing the 2-3 day 90-100 thing like i did with 85-90 *shudders* I swear i wasnt racing to get server 1st :o
Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Kurasu wrote:I'm praying that what they're doing here is, essentially, a 40 man scenario. That is to say, no particular need for a specific number of tanks, healers, whatever. Plus, a scenario that you can queue for multiple times, and get the chance of the enchant and pet with each time (after the first; I expect the Core Hound is going to be the reward in the same way a 'Scenario Box' is the reward). Also, the pet should be boxable and the enchant should be AH'able .

There's a lot of reasons this would be the best idea. Not the least of which it will keep people running even *after* they have their Core Hound, Enchant, and Pet. Because see, this is the *biggest* worry I have: we're going to have *less* than two months to get everything. Because not only will there be the leveling time... but the longe it goes on, the fewer people will be wanting to run it.

Imagine how long it takes you, by the end of a holiday, to queue for a holiday boss. Now imagine that holiday boss needing *40* people instead of *5*.
I believe they're doing it 40-man LFR style, not scenario. Not having some specifics would be chaos, actually, especially since this is LFR....and MC with its mechanics.

2 months is a lot of time. They may even extend it if they feel it's necessary.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Unread post by Sukurachi »

For some people here, 2 months is a lot of time.
For others, it's not.

I fall into the latter group. There are times where I can spend an hour or two a day on the game. But there are times I barely have enough time to do my daily quests first thin in the morning before work.

Considering the MC event will happen to occur during an "end of semester" for most students, who technically SHOULD be studying like mad for their exams, I find it difficult to understand how so many people seem to have no trouble with teh short lapse of time being afforded here.

For myself, starting in the Fall is my busy season, so I get fewer hours in a week available to me to level. There is simply no way I am going to level in 2-3 days unless the levelling mechanics have been greatly modified. And levelling in a month will be tight still. We have 10 levels to go, not 5.

So, good if levelling goes faster this time around. But I also fear that I won't get a chance to do the MC raid because of lack of player interest as the end approaches. If it's a once a week raid, well, if I'm lucky I'll get to do it 3 or 4 times? I won't necessarily be able to find time every week to do it.

I would have much preferred if the event had been a simple 5-man dungeon in this case. It's always easier to find 4 other people than it is to find 39 more.

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Scotty
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Azjol-Nerub & Hyjal (US)

Unread post by Scotty »

Slickrock wrote:It is just one pet. I wonder if it's cageable.

If it is a weekly lockout, then even the fastest levelers will only have a few shots at it, unless they have piles of alts.

The Corgi is a nicer pet anyway.
Had to comment, even tho Im late.... Corgi *would* have been nicer to me too, if it didn't share the same idle animations as the Pug. I am SO over the butt-scooting thing, ugh. Corgi does it, I was sad. I much prefer Hatespark in this comparison.

Oh, and for the piles of alts... I dinged 90 on #20 a few days ago. :geek:
Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

Sukurachi wrote:For some people here, 2 months is a lot of time.
For others, it's not.
I can sympathise with this. I usually rush lvling as I have a raid grp waiting but this time round I dont and wanted to go abit slower - sadly I think i'll be rushing through my main and then soaking in the world on alts. I'm just grateful the release is after my wedding else I wouldn't be lvling at all in those weeks! I usually have AL around the time expansions are released but don't have that luxury either. I know some people say 2 months is a long time but really after the first month I can't see 40 ppl queuing everyday for this...sigh guess we'll wait and see.

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~