Show some respect people!

Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade, Frostwolf, Proudmoore

Re: Show some respect people!

Unread post by Lupen202 »

People just disgust me, they really do. I'll never understand why people kill rare pets for no good reason. Or why people are douches in general.

If it's the whole "if I can't get it neither can you" mentality... So what if you aren't the one taming it first? Do people not realize that if they let the other person tame the pet, instead of killing it, they'll never see that person again? That means less competition.

When people already have the pet though and waste their time camping it just to kill it & grief people.. I just.. can't even comprehend that.

Neiara - NE Hunter - Burning Blade (US) - Denial of Service

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Snowwalker
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Suramar

Unread post by Snowwalker »

This is exactly why I'm not camping for him right now. Because I havn't seen things this nasty since Acroniss. If only there could be a petopians only server. What a world that would be.

We're taught how to share as babies, small children. The concept is simple. If someone is already there waiting... THEY'RE FIRST people. If they leave, they lose their place in line. It doesn't even matter if they're the other faction. If they were there first, they get dibbs.

And while yes, people have the right to tame/kill equally any particular mob, if you are mid-tame, and someone kills it, that IS reportable as griefing. At least as I've always understood it. As is someone posting themselves just to repeatedly kill a rare like we had on my realm. This person even had a goblin mafia they'd send in to harass people.

Folks, this is a game. There's real people behind those toons. Really wish Blizz wouldn't have watered WoW down to the point 4 year olds can play...

Bluefire
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Duskwood

Unread post by Bluefire »

OK new complaint. People Trigore is a level 17 beast! he can be tamed by any hunter level 17 or higher! DO NOT try to tell someone on a non 90 hunter they have no right to tame him. That is complete BS, is rude and selfish, just because you may be 90 DOES NOT entitle you to a tame more than someone else. get over yourself.
Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Bluefire wrote:OK new complaint. People Trigore is a level 17 beast! he can be tamed by any hunter level 17 or higher! DO NOT try to tell someone on a non 90 hunter they have no right to tame him. That is complete BS, is rude and selfish, just because you may be 90 DOES NOT entitle you to a tame more than someone else. get over yourself.
I'm starting to think this thread as a whole is better off in the consolation thread. ^^;

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Novikova
Realm: Moooooooon Guard. SC/FM.

Unread post by Novikova »

I suspect so, although it is proof that competition often brings out the worst in people. :/
Image Sofia, the remarkably purple spirit cat as drawn by Ket Shi. :D

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

My rule is if there is no one around wanting it it's free game to be killed.
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Oh we've always known that. I do also agree, cow. I kill rares if I see em long as no one is taming it.

LisaaraPokefarm

Divixon
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Frostmourne Alliance

Unread post by Divixon »

Blizz could atleast make something e.g:
-tame beast- puts a bubble immune to attackers for the one who is casting.
Or as MOP - flare and mark while stealthed then tame.
Something simaler.. atleast something like invisible unless hunter.. This insane crap with killing pets while taming is ruining the main point ofplaying hunters seeking a unique or fave pet to tag along on your adventures-ect.

Blizz needs to act now not leave it saying its not their fault.
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Ziroth wrote:Blizz could atleast make something e.g:
-tame beast- puts a bubble immune to attackers for the one who is casting.
Or as MOP - flare and mark while stealthed then tame.
Something simaler.. atleast something like invisible unless hunter.. This insane crap with killing pets while taming is ruining the main point ofplaying hunters seeking a unique or fave pet to tag along on your adventures-ect.

Blizz needs to act now not leave it saying its not their fault.
They already did address it by adding in those trackable rares and such. They just haven't gone back to do anything with the vanilla stuff.

LisaaraPokefarm

Gimlion
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Nordrassil

Unread post by Gimlion »

The problem with making creatures immune while taming is that it is easily exploited by trolls choosing to harass others by shielding quest objs or rares they have no intention of taming, simply to grief. Old rares aren't specifically for hunters, and they never were meant to be. Any hunter that kills a rare to prevent a tame is not very smart however, as it keeps that hunter in competition and increases their own wait...

Sig made by the Wonderful Serenith!

"You cannot judge me, I am Justice itself! We were meant for more than this, to protect the innocent. But, if our precious laws bind you all to inaction, then I will no longer stand as your brother." - Tyrael
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Gimlion wrote:The problem with making creatures immune while taming is that it is easily exploited by trolls choosing to harass others by shielding quest objs or rares they have no intention of taming, simply to grief. Old rares aren't specifically for hunters, and they never were meant to be. Any hunter that kills a rare to prevent a tame is not very smart however, as it keeps that hunter in competition and increases their own wait...
Pretty much. It's not as simple as 'put a barrier around it!' as much as we would like it to be.

LisaaraPokefarm

magepower13
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Azjol-Nerub

Unread post by magepower13 »

I've noticed a lot of the same things people in this thread have already said.

My personal philosophy is if I see another person camping a rare tame, I leave after wishing them luck. No sense is potentially having it killed because someone feels entitled, especially with how ridiculous Trigore's respawn timer is. On another note: I really hate CRZ when I'm after a rare tame since almost none of the other people camping are from my server. That, however, is another topic entirely.
Divixon
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Frostmourne Alliance

Unread post by Divixon »

OK new complaint. People Trigore is a level 17 beast! he can be tamed by any hunter level 17 or higher! DO NOT try to tell someone on a non 90 hunter they have no right to tame him. That is complete BS, is rude and selfish, just because you may be 90 DOES NOT entitle you to a tame more than someone else. get over yourself.

^ ikr.. no matter the level you can tame it either way. tho for the fun of it i sometimes kill rares when some *wanabe asshat* decides to barge in and think its theirs. *not trigore* but other rares. i keep most timers on my notes so i can come back when timers up
Demonicow
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Echo Isles

Unread post by Demonicow »

i have an interesting idea when you begin taming or attacking a rare you enter an instanced version of the zone where only you and the rare is allowed and you can kill or tame it and it will return you to the zone, the rare will be greyed out and will not be targetable or aggroable so if you killed it you will have to wait for the duration of its spawn time to tame/kill it again and a group of players could enter a zone and all tame the same pet but not affect the rare so for instance one trigore would become a trigore for every player

if ppl feel that it takes the fun out of it maybe have an option to turn it off

and this would only affect rares

and it would greatly diminish camping and make griefing almost impossible for rares that is and for the uniques you could just use tracks instead

also i think its a good idea to allow hunters to tame beasts while having a pet out
"Y’know, Taurens are born hunters. You ever see a Tauren catch a salmon out of a stream? It really is quite exciting. You ever see a Tauren stalk a python? 'Course you haven't. That's because Tauren are so adept at blending in with their surroundings."

"Five curses and spite live in each gnome this truth cant be ignored, the best way to get rid of a gnome is to throw that Gnome Overboard.""

Armory
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Ehhh...while neat, it wouldn't be viable to do and would cause some heavy load on the servers

LisaaraPokefarm

Demonicow
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Echo Isles

Unread post by Demonicow »

well if not that how about for garrisons you can have followers go out and tame beasts in draenor and bring them back to your stable

and for azeroth, outland and otherwise you could just use a tag system so the player and the beast cannot be interrupted by damage or aggro once you start taming/attacking so its a guaranteed tame, the beast could still harm the player as per usual and if the player dies mid tame then its fair game to anyone. and when u start taming/attacking if you are currently in pvp it sets you to not be in pvp so you cannot be killed during the process and after you leave combat you become flagged for pvp again and if thats too much then just tell blizz to keep spawn times for all rares under 2 hours that way it doesnt take forever to get the pet you want even with ppl kill/tamestealing
"Y’know, Taurens are born hunters. You ever see a Tauren catch a salmon out of a stream? It really is quite exciting. You ever see a Tauren stalk a python? 'Course you haven't. That's because Tauren are so adept at blending in with their surroundings."

"Five curses and spite live in each gnome this truth cant be ignored, the best way to get rid of a gnome is to throw that Gnome Overboard.""

Armory
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

I think having NPCs go out and taming stuff for you would kinda kill the whole point of being a hunter. Not just any NPC can tame stuff on your skill level. You are the one that needs to bond with the creature. That's what the taming process is...it's bonding and subduing the creature in question. If successful, you are worthy of their protection and friendship.

Honestly, pvp should remain as is, imho. If you chose to be on a pvp server, you knew the risks. That includes taming. I do agree on a tag system that makes the mob being tamed immune to any attacks from an outside source or something but I imagine that's a big tricky to code.

Sorry if I'm sounding like negative nancy. ^^; I'm just trying to give feedback on ideas.

LisaaraPokefarm

Gulnarr

Unread post by Gulnarr »

I don't mind the long camps, really. The one thing I REALLY hate though is cross-realm zones. During my 50-something hours of camping for Trigore, I saw several other people who also camped with me for pretty long periods of time. Not a single one of them was from my realm. I chose to go to Turalyon because I wanted to be on a smaller server, I don't want to compete with people from Area 52.
Novikova
Realm: Moooooooon Guard. SC/FM.

Unread post by Novikova »

I am not a fan of CRZ or sitting for hours upon hours just - staring at a screen. And hoping that after standing stock still staring that I can click tame fast enough. I don't really think not getting to play the game because I'm parked like a smart car is really 'work', per se. But I heard most if not all of the tamable rares have lower spawn times in WoD and that's good enough for me.

... because the RNG hates me with the power of a thousand flaming youtube comments.
Image Sofia, the remarkably purple spirit cat as drawn by Ket Shi. :D

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!