Skins from untameable families

Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Re: Missing skins from untameable families

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

rathenar wrote:Gondria and arcturis are ghosts, and I forget the ghost wolfs name but yeah him too. not to mention we have undead boars and birds.
While I admit, it's quiet hard to see exatcly where blizzard draws the line regarding taming "undead/demon" and non-beast like well pets as their line has dramatically changed over time. This fire/demon dog, while rather cool looking, is essentially made up of bones as Wain pointed out.

I have noted that they do use the same skeleton and animations as demon dogs/runed demon dogs http://www.wow-petopia.com/family/dog.html so adding them as a pet would not be too hard if they wished to implement them.

Thats not to say that somewhere down the line blizzard may see this skin as an appropriate spirit beast skin or what not, but up until this ponit they have avoided somthing that undead/demon looking for hunters to tame as pets (spiritbeasts exclude from this I guess, as they are supposed to be all spirity)

But hey, you never know what the future brings.

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Azzrazzah
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary is the Shizznit,

Unread post by Azzrazzah »

Hmmm.. I like the Hellhounds.. very, very much.. Ok Fingers and toes are crossed

I Came...I Saw...I Tamed

Keilden
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Zenedar

Unread post by Keilden »

How about maggots?
erwil
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by erwil »

Azzrazzah wrote:Hmmm.. I like the Hellhounds.. very, very much.. Ok Fingers and toes are crossed
Oh my, I'll join this. Those hellhounds look aaaabsoluuuutely fantastic.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Well, if horses are on the list why not camels? They're certainly mean enough. I just added them.. four colours. None on colour-stable mobs, as far as I can tell.
Keilden wrote:How about maggots?
Hmmmmm, I guess they're a lot like worms. But I always thought of them as mostly brainless eating machines that couldn't really be capable of learning tricks. Hmmmm...
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Wain wrote:
Hmmmmm, I guess they're a lot like worms. But I always thought of them as mostly brainless eating machines that couldn't really be capable of learning tricks. Hmmmm...
Don't tell Mr. Grubbs that! :lol:

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Loki
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Loki »

Are the horse skins from Grizzly Hills not attackable mobs ? From what I remember you can attack and kill them, not sure what skins they have though. The mob name is Highland Mustang.

EDIT: Ah nevermind, I see you aren't adding color-changers to the list. However, is there anything stopping them from just staying the color you tamed them in ?

Avatar made by the awesome LupisDarkmoon. Tameable giraffes please!

Pets Wishlist:
Goats
Yaks
Shoveltusks
Stags
Talbuks/Gazelles
Giraffes!

WoD and Legion best expansions! 6 down, 1 to go!

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Loki wrote:However, is there anything stopping them from just staying the color you tamed them in ?
Unfortunately there is. It seems to be down to the way they chose to code pets. They inherit a lot from the NPC they were tamed from, including the NPC id (which is why rare pets trigger NPC Scan), and the full array of colours the mob can be. I'm guessing either the skin the mob was using at the point of tame is either not saved with the pet data, or it's overruled by the code for generating a random colour from the inherited array of colours. I wouldn't have thought it'd be hard to work around this (something like save the current colour, don't allow inheritance of the colour), but if so they've never implemented such a change.

Anyway, that's why no single NPC in the game that has multiple colours can produce a colour-stable pet. For this reason, some mobs, like the monkeys in Deadmines or the different Madexxes, were created with a different NPC id for each colour. That's what happens when developers who care about this, like Noah, create the mobs ;)
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Kalliope wrote:
Wain wrote:
Don't tell Mr. Grubbs that! :lol:
Ok, Mr Grubbs is rather clever for a maggot :) That or he's prone to seizures.

Seriously though, I'm not sure about grubs and maggots. I presume their nervous system is too rudimentary to be real companions, like ones on Earth, but who knows? :)
Squake
Realm: Sporeggar

Unread post by Squake »

Brainless maggot would tear apart every enemy, without a sense of mercy. And then eat them..

Squake - Sporeggar EU

My Pets

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Added a fourth stag skin. I forgot that the "Reindeer" model/skin is used in the game on a few caribou types. It's a lot like the standard brown stag skin, but with a cutesier face and shorter antlers.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Also just added another potential family to the list: armadillos (giant). There's only one giant one in the game, Armagedillo (rare), but it shows they can scale and that they look great as tanking pets. There are 5 skins in the database, so a number of different giant armadillos would have to be added.
Dalthok
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Balnazzar (Horde)

Unread post by Dalthok »

id like to point out that the giant armadillo uses the same model as the critter and looks awful blown up
Rawr
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

Squake wrote:Brainless maggot would tear apart every enemy, without a sense of mercy. And then eat them..
I want a huge grub that I can poke and hug and squeeze and love forever :hug: I loves da grubs <3, they're just sooo cute :mrgreen:

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Updated diemetradons. The blue skin used to be only available on a potential colour-changer, but it now only seems to spawn as blue (Subterranean Diemetradon).
Lazyorc
Realm: Aerie Peak

Unread post by Lazyorc »

how about Clefthooves from outland, theres about 3-4 (5 at the most) different skins and they seem to share animations with kodos and rhinos, personaly would love to see them become tamable
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Lazyorc wrote:how about Clefthooves from outland, theres about 3-4 (5 at the most) different skins and they seem to share animations with kodos and rhinos, personaly would love to see them become tamable
They're actually listed in the missing skins from tameable families thread, under rhinos. Maybe I should move them here. Hmmm...
Lazyorc
Realm: Aerie Peak

Unread post by Lazyorc »

Wain wrote:
Lazyorc wrote:how about Clefthooves from outland, theres about 3-4 (5 at the most) different skins and they seem to share animations with kodos and rhinos, personaly would love to see them become tamable
They're actually listed in the missing skins from tameable families thread, under rhinos. Maybe I should move them here. Hmmm...
oh I hadn't noticed, sorry
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I eventually added a category for Clefthooves, but provided a link to the untameable skins (of tameable families) thread, where they're listed under rhinos. In case anyone else comes looking here.

Looking at the hellhounds in the latest pics I'm now wondering if they do deserve to be treated like beasts. What I took to be just "bones" now look more like a stony skeletal structure much like gyreworms and shale spiders, with some sort of "body of energy" to give it substance (again much like gyreworms). And as someone else pointed out, they do seem to be used as pets by a hunter kind of boss in Firelands. But I guess we'll see soon!
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Time to start uploading pics for use in the list. Here's hoping I have enough room in the post to include them all...
Attachments
ArmadilloBrown.png
ArmadilloBrown.png (258.06 KiB) Viewed 14896 times
ArmadilloBrownT.png
ArmadilloBrownT.png (11.4 KiB) Viewed 14902 times
ArmadilloCrystal.png
ArmadilloCrystal.png (276.01 KiB) Viewed 14896 times
ArmadilloCrystalT.png
ArmadilloCrystalT.png (11.76 KiB) Viewed 14902 times
ArmadilloGreen.png
ArmadilloGreen.png (246.03 KiB) Viewed 14896 times
ArmadilloGreenT.png