Where The Wild Things Are (MoP rare information)

Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Re: Where The Wild Things Are (MoP rare information)

Unread post by Kalliope »

You're welcome! And grats! :D

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Solaaris
Realm: Quel'Thalas EU

Unread post by Solaaris »

Hey guys

Iv'e just joined after using the information posted here I just caught 'Portent' - I got the metallic blue style colouration.

Im well chuffed!

Thanks for posting all the info :)

Kain
Kalliope

Welcome to the forums! Congratulations on your tame. :)

YouTube Edition

Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

Just to note: (since the 5.2 forums will be locked soon and I'm sure you'll either link to the thread there or consolidate here)

The Spirit Porcupines have to be reduced to 30% now, so we got a little break there, as it used to require 20%.

For Degu, backpeddling is very highly recommended. And make sure to watch. Degu likes to stop every now and then, and if you keep backpeddling when it does, you'll enter it's ranged range.

They seem to be on a 5 minute respawn, even on live. Tamed Hutia at 6:04 AM, respawned at 6:09. Tamed Degu at 5:44, respawned at 5:49. About to tame Degu, but I assume it's going to be the same.

For talents, it's worth recommending Murder of Crows, as without a pet, Blink Strike and Lynx Rush are pointless. Thrill of the Hunt is also helpful, but I've been doing fine with Dire Beast. Though I was caught in the middle of the cobra shot while concussive ran out of Hutia started healing and ended up being screwed. xD And Exhilaration is also quite recommended for the heal, as Iron Hawk won't save you, and Spirit Bond does nothing without a pet.

I'm not sure about the others, but Hutia is susceptible to Narrow Escape, as in, if you disengage, she'll be rooted. On the others, assuming they aren't able to be rooted with it, as they can't with roots whereas she can, Posthaste is probably the better talent choice.

I know some of this is in the old thread, but posting here just in case new people look here.

EDIT: Holy Jeebus Gumi runs fast. Binding Shot's stun DOES work on him though, for reference.
Kalliope

Updated the main post in this thread for the spirit porcupines and dire horns. Added links to both the 5.1 and 5.2 threads, as the first post is getting slightly large. Once a patch goes live, this thread will be the one that is the most updated!

Good catch on the 30% change, Myzou; I've updated accordingly. :)

YouTube Edition

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Just a quick question about Kroshik:

There are two IDs for him on Wowhead that both seem to be active. 69218 is the one that shows up all over the place and I presume is the one that most people would tame.

But there's also 69908 which shows up in a couple of locations on the map.

Does anyone know if the latter is also tameable? Or what state he's in with that id? For all I know maybe that one is used for his corpse phase.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

I've heard Kroshik isn't in his adult form on some realms, but one of his other forms (not sure which one). That would account for why there's only 2 spots on one of the IDs.

There's actually 4 IDs total for Kroshik, which correspond to his Egg, Baby, Adult, and Sacrificed form. There is an achievement to /bow to all 4 of his forms.

What you're seeing is most likely his adult form (most realms) and another form (a couple realms). He seems to change form every week now, or he'll change on a different schedule than the PTR (daily).

IDs for Kroshik: 70226, 69218, 69907, 69908.

To note, 69218 is the ONLY ID for Kroshik tagged as a Devilsaur, which means that is the adult form ID. It's the one that has tracks all over the map. The other IDs correspond to his Egg, Hatchling, and Dead forms.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Myzou wrote:I've heard Kroshik isn't in his adult form on some realms, but one of his other forms (not sure which one). That would account for why there's only 2 spots on one of the IDs.
There's actually 4 IDs total for Kroshik, which correspond to his Egg, Baby, Adult, and Sacrificed form. There is an achievement to /bow to all 4 of his forms.
What you're seeing is most likely his adult form (most realms) and another form (a couple realms). He seems to change form every week now, or he'll change on a different schedule than the PTR (daily).
IDs for Kroshik: 70226, 69218, 69907, 69908.
To note, 69218 is the ONLY ID for Kroshik tagged as a Devilsaur, which means that is the adult form ID. It's the one that has tracks all over the map. The other IDs correspond to his Egg, Hatchling, and Dead forms.
Awesome thank you :) Plus I should have been smart enough to check the model image on Wowhead but I hadn't. It is indeed the baby raptor one as you said.

I added a comment to Wowhead to clarify that. All the page comments were actually referring to his adult form.

Thanks again for all that info :)

I've added Kroshik and the new taming threshold for spirit porcs to the Petopia spreadsheet so they should be in the next round of updates.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Chlorure
Realm: Lightbringer

Unread post by Chlorure »

Is it just me having bad luck or is the ruby colored Potent more common than the other 3 colors?
Kalliope

Bad luck, I'm afraid! Hopefully you find the one you want soon. :)

YouTube Edition

Twila
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn, Silver Hand

Unread post by Twila »

Are Patrannache's tracks still backwards? Trying for him on my horde hunter but I lost his trail as I can't sort out what direction hes going in!

Amisha - lv 100 Tauren Hunter - Silver Hand:US - Pet Stable
Twilatsuki - lv 95 Night Elf Hunter - Argent Dawn:US - Pet Stable

Battle Pet Collection

Kalliope

Twila wrote:Are Patrannache's tracks still backwards? Trying for him on my horde hunter but I lost his trail as I can't sort out what direction hes going in!
Nope, none of the tracks are backwards anymore. :) Pawprints in 5.1, clawprints in 5.2. :D

YouTube Edition