Where The Wild Things Are (MoP rare information)

Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Tilo
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Stormrage, Cenarius, & Ysera-US

Re: Where The Wild Things Are (MoP rare information)

Unread post by Tilo »

Novikova wrote:Honestly, I had the best luck standing at the banks of the river and flaring at both sides because Bombyx's path consists of *flail* *wigglewiggleyeah* *FLAIL TO THE LEFT* *squirm if you're diggin' bein' a 'pillar with swag* *flail s'more* *you put your left feet in, you pull your left feet out and then you shake it all about* *wiggle with feeling* *turn a circle* *And that's what it's all about*

That's great! :D
♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪
Signature Kamoodle []
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

So, I followed Bombyx for 2 hours tonight. He still only patrolled that tiny area I mentioned.

Maybe he has multiple paths he can take? And you guys got him on the long one?

I just thought it was weird that after a half hour he only did that small area, so I decided to follow him a few hours this time. So, it might be worth noting to CHECK 32, 48 for his tracks. They tend to be all over that area, the three times I've found him now.

Normally, I don't doubt you Kalliope. xD But I just find it odd that three times, he did that small area, and one of those times he did it for 30 minutes in a row, and another for two hours. >_> I'll keep checking back over the next few days as I have time, but I've been leveling a new toon with a friend, so not sure how long I'll have to do that. >_<

Before re-homing him to another hunter xD

I have a problem. I've re-homed Stompy once, Portent like 5 times, Bloodtooth once, and Bombyx twice. If I see tracks, I have to find them. Is there like a trackaholics anonymous?
Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Like I said before, Myzou, he doubles, triples, quadruples back - it's difficult to gauge. He does have a preference for that area, yes, but he does path in all four cardinal directions from that tree.

With all that said, it is possible that his path was changed between the PTR and live. If that is indeed the case, then I'll see about updating the thread. However, all information in this thread was accurate at the time it was reported, so I continue to stand by its accuracy in that regard.

And with THAT said, he seems to be on the Extreme Wandering part of his path at the moment, so I'll follow him for a bit while I upload my grub video.

EDIT: Thus far, it looks like his original path may have been deemed "too ridiculous for live" - or perhaps Noah was trolling us PTR testers. ;) Bombyx didn't go as far east as he did on the PTR, even though I know he should have at that point, and he hasn't turned far north or south yet. That's a bit sad; those were the extra-fun parts! I'll have to do more confirmations, but not tonight.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Maizou »

Glad to know I'm not just halucinating. xD
Novikova
Realm: Moooooooon Guard. SC/FM.

Unread post by Novikova »

I honestly had the best luck flaring along the riverbanks and on that island where he wriggles through. I stand by my original description of his or her path. Wriggly as all out.
Image Sofia, the remarkably purple spirit cat as drawn by Ket Shi. :D

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!
Kalliope

Okay, his path has changed seems to be about the same as I continue to watch him. But you are indeed mistaken about his pathing, Myzou.

The only way his path might have changed is this one spot a looooong way in the northeast. I don't recall seeing him in that spot before. And then he sat. And sat. And sat. In fact, he's been sitting there longer than I've ever seen him sit before. He's still sitting even as I'm typing this. It's been a good five minutes. Longer than that, even. I don't think two hours of watching him is long enough to see nearly all of his path.

Old map:

Where he's sitting right now:

And look, that point is still within the boundaries of my original map. :) It was a good estimate, since he only went that far east more to the south on the PTR.

And earlier, I caught him at the northwestern point:

So while Bombyx's path may have changed, which does make him even more likely to be near that one tree, there are still outlying points that fall within the originally featured area.

TL;DR: Bombyx's map is accurate.

P.S. He did finally move off the northeastern point - and he only left one silkweed track in that spot. What a griefer!

P.P.S. He also FINALLY returned that that one part of his path where he travels north, up the river. I haven't seen him do that since I got footage for the video!

(Sorry about all the edits; he's determined to go down paths to prove he still goes down them.)
Attachments
Bombyx new location.png
Bombyx new location.png (348.92 KiB) Viewed 13521 times
Bombyx old map.png
Bombyx old map.png (217.54 KiB) Viewed 13528 times
Bombyx confirmed northwest point.png
Bombyx confirmed northwest point.png (220.46 KiB) Viewed 13528 times

YouTube Edition

Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Maizou »

Haha. Wow.

Maybe people only find him in that small area because he doesn't seem to drop many silkweed elsewhere? XD You mentioned 1 silkweed after 5 minutes. >_>; Whereas, by that tree, he drops like 20. Lol.

(Which would also explain why I could never find him until he was by the tree)

From what you're describing though, he seems to enjoy sitting in a certain area of his path for an extended period of time before leaving. I probably just kept catching him by that tree due to the aforementioned reason.
Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Usually best to sit by the tree cause thats the 'central area' he roams through.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Kalliope

Myzou wrote:Haha. Wow.

Maybe people only find him in that small area because he doesn't seem to drop many silkweed elsewhere? XD You mentioned 1 silkweed after 5 minutes. >_>; Whereas, by that tree, he drops like 20. Lol.

(Which would also explain why I could never find him until he was by the tree)

From what you're describing though, he seems to enjoy sitting in a certain area of his path for an extended period of time before leaving. I probably just kept catching him by that tree due to the aforementioned reason.
Junrei wrote:Usually best to sit by the tree cause thats the 'central area' he roams through.
Absolutely agreed; that tree is the best and most likely spot to find him.

I'm not totally convinced he didn't bug out at the northeast spawn either, due to the aforementioned lack of silkweed. Then again, maybe he doesn't actually stack them on top of each other when they're all EXACTLY stacked on each other. It was hard to say, since he went running and I ran after him, so I didn't see the flowers despawn.

He never did take that path through the water closer to the crane temple, though. I'm not sure if I just missed that part of his pathing or if it got removed. I can only watch him for so many hours, though....:lol:

YouTube Edition

Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Trust me, I tried to follow him....I wanted to cry. It was awful. XD I'm convinced he wears a trollface while he's not flared out!

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Maizou »

He sat by the tree for a good 3-4 minutes, so it's possible the stalls are just part of his pathing. XD Though, when he did that, silkweed would spawn around him, not just under him. So it's possible silkweed spawning is bugged over where you had him stall. xD
Last edited by Maizou on Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kalliope

Oh, the stalls are definitely part of his pathing - just not usually for over five minutes! And I was fairly certain he continued to drop silkweed while doing so, so that location in the water was a little weird.

YouTube Edition

Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Maizou »

Either way, we can all agree he's a sneaky little bugger. xD

How I've found him 3 times all within 2-3 minutes is beyond me. >_>; The two hunters I got him were so excited. xD
Kalliope

Myzou wrote:Either way, we can all agree he's a sneaky little bugger. xD

How I've found him 3 times all within 2-3 minutes is beyond me. >_>; The two hunters I got him were so excited. xD
He's a tree-hugger! :D Makes him really easy to find....usually. The last couple of times I went looking for him, I got him on the first flare. This time, it took me a good 5-7 minutes to track him down....even though he was somewhat near the tree. He's still ridiculous, basically. :lol:

YouTube Edition

Kawney
Realm: Kilrogg USA, and the PTR!

Unread post by Kawney »

Alright, I'm a new user, but the first thing i made when i got an account is a Hunter. Now i have a 90, and i have something to state. I found a hunter with another maggot, Green colored no teeth. Here's the Screenshot, but i have no idea where to get this pet. Can anyone help me out? Thanks.
Attachments
The pet. Where do i get this?
The pet. Where do i get this?
WoWScrnShot_122612_204154.jpg (300.91 KiB) Viewed 13521 times
Kalliope

Welcome to the forums, Kawney! There's a whole thread about the green maggots right here: http://forums.wow-petopia.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19831 Good luck!

YouTube Edition

Isobelle
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Whisperwind (H) Wrymrest Accord (A)

Unread post by Isobelle »

Bombyx's path was really bizarre for sure. it took me a few visits before I was able to flare him and tame him.

I tamed Savage last night which was awesome - he looks amazing!

I am looking for Hexapos now. I have found her (his?) tracks several times but I lose them or they vanish.
Kalliope

Hexapos goes in a straight line around the edge of the Dread Wastes, which may help in picking up the trail again. Remember, his tracks will go backwards still, unlike Savage's.

YouTube Edition

Isobelle
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Kalliope wrote:Hexapos goes in a straight line around the edge of the Dread Wastes, which may help in picking up the trail again. Remember, his tracks will go backwards still, unlike Savage's.
Thank you! I didn't realize that his still went backwards. That could explain the problems I've had..../blush
Isobelle
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Thank you so much for the tip!
Attachments
WoWScrnShot_012813_142658.jpg
WoWScrnShot_012813_142658.jpg (396.02 KiB) Viewed 13521 times