Pet / NPC bugs and untameables

Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Pet / NPC bugs and untameables

Unread post by Wain »

This thread is for:

1. Anything that has the wrong classification. Like Gronn that are classed as beasts or wolves that aren't, as well as beasts in the wrong pet family.

2. Any bugs related to beasts from tameable families.

3. Appearance issues related to beasts or other NPCs.

4. Beasts from a valid pet family which are not yet tameable but possibly could be. Excluding things that are obviously not tameable for reasons of mechanics or story.

It was copied and updated from the one we used during the WoD beta.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Re: Pet / NPC bugs and untameables

Unread post by Wain »

[anchor=category][/anchor]Mobs that aren't in the right category: [anchor=bugs][/anchor]Bugs (?):
  • Thunderlord War Rylak (ID 77122) can be attacked but will not aggro and doesn't seem to want to die
  • Blighted Axebeaks (88592) in Gorgrond cannot be targetted at all
  • Old colour-changing pets have apparently stopped changing colour, according to some reports on Petopia
  • In far northern Talador (around Orunai Coast) the wrong Shimmerwing Moths were added. The ones that are present are level 69 blue ones from Outland (ID 20611), not the Draenor ones with the same name - fixed 6.2
[anchor=appearance][/anchor]Appearance issues:
  • previously smaller / larger wasps now all a default size when tamed. See this thread
  • old pets that retained their colour-changing abilities in MoP (i.e. ones tamed before MoP) are no longer changing colours. See this thread
  • Dire Beast summons in Nagrand (ID 86181) uses Outland model talbuk (re-confirmed, 20150504)
  • Dire Beast summons in Spires (ID 86177) uses old model owl (still exists 20150504)
  • Outpost-related talbuk mounts in Nagrand use old talbuk mount model.
  • Darktide Matriarch (ID 79170) version of her after you free her, is white instead of black. She is chimera2black before that point. Not tameable so won't affect any pets. - fixed 6.2
  • Plagued Bat (ID 75459) and Cave Bat (ID 75374) are both using a weird and slightly wrong appearance. Probably intended to both use the regular bat.m2 model with batskingreen, but instead both using the batmount.m2 model with the skins for "epicbatmountgold" which don't even work properly on that model. Incidentally, Captive Cave Bats (IDs 73522 & 73188) in Siege of Org have the same appearance and were probably also meant to be the standard green bat.
  • "Spirit Lion" (88420) summoned by a Saberon quest mob uses spectral version of very old lion model. Maybe use siberian tiger model (god skin on regular model, plus spectral effects?), or the Sambas model?
  • Just a suggestion rather than an issue, but Big Pete (82202) and his offspring Petey, Lil' Peter and Pete Jr. (IDs 88927 - 88929) in Nagrand would be great in the new "JormungarRed" skin. Ironbore (half a worm model) is that colour and in the same zone, so matches. None are yet tameable so wouldn't affect any pets - won't be fixed
  • Dire Beast summons in FFR (ID 62005) uses old model wolf- I *think* it's been removed
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Things confirmed to still be untameable, but could possibly be

All major new zones are now mostly tameable, and just a few untameable things are left on the zone lists now. They may or may not be deliberately unflagged.

Frostfire Ridge:
LookNameFamilyLevel / StatusTameable?Spawned?AreaNotesChecked
ImageUnbroken Goresnoutboar90NoBladespire FortressCannot be attacked / Beast Lored.18 Sep

Ashran:
ImageAshmaul Gutwrencherboar100NoBrute's RiseArmored boar!20 Sep

Gorgrond:
ImageDarksting Venomspider93NoYesThe Forgotten CavesSpawns during fight with Gorg the Host.01 Oct
ImageIron Wolfwolf101
Elite
NoThe PitRidden by Iron Wardens.30 Sep
ImageLil' Roardanchimera/rylak93NoCrimson FenIn a nest on top of a mushroom. You must jump mushrooms to reach him.01 Oct
ImageRiverbeastriverbeast92
Elite
NoRazorbloomAppear sick, with tentacular growths.01 Oct
ImageSwift Onyx Flayerravager100
Vignette
NoEverbloom WildsIn a cave in a mountain south-east of Blackrock Foundry.01 Oct

Nagrand:
Look Name Family Level / Status Tameable? Spawned? Area Notes Checked
Image Big Pete worm 99 No Hemet's Happy Hunting Grounds Now attackable, but not tameable 02 Oct
Image Lil' Peter worm 99 No Yes Hemet's Happy Hunting Grounds Spawns during combat with Big Pete 11 Oct
Image Pete Jr. worm 99 No Yes Hemet's Happy Hunting Grounds Spawns during combat with Big Pete. 11 Oct
Image Petey worm 99 No Yes Hemet's Happy Hunting Grounds Spawns during combat with Big Pete. 11 Oct
Image Nagrand Savager wolf 100 No Mok'gol Watchpost 02 Oct
Image Savage Warwolf wolf 100 No Mok'gol Watchpost 02 Oct

Shadowmoon Valley:
Look Name Family Level / Status Tameable? Spawned? Area Notes Checked
Image Nagidna hydra 100
Vignette
No Darktide Roost 03 Feb
Image Slivermaw worm 100
Vignette
No Darktide Roost How about making this guy the bright green or red skin, if you're feeling generous? :) 03 Feb

Spires of Arak:
Image Stingtail Worker wasp 96 No Yes East of Murkbog Spawns during combat with Sunderthorn. 03 Oct
Image Swarmleaf Stinger wasp 96 No Yes Spawns during combat with Swarmleaf. 10 Oct

Razorfen Kraul:
Young Boar boar 33-34 No 04 Oct

Razorfen Downs:
Penned Squealer boar 40 No 04 Oct

Blasted Lands (6.0 event phase):
Image Ironmarch War Wolf wolf 90 No Nethergarde Keep Phased area of Blasted lands for Warlords of Draenor. 05 Oct

Iron Docks:
Image Ravenous Wolf wolf 94 No Released from cages during the Oshir encounter. 07 Oct
Image Rylak Skyterror rylak 94
Elite
?? Released from cages during the Oshir encounter.
Image Rampaging Clefthoof clefthoof 94
Elite
No 07 Oct
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

OK, I copied this thread from the Beta forum and have updated it. We can add 6.1 things here too. Please post if you notice anything out of date or any new issues not mentioned here. Thanks :)
Boven
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by Boven »

The razorbeaks may be intentionally untameable since they're a part of the Apexis daily you can get in Everbloom. Since they can be clicked upon to throw a rock at them when you have that daily, I suspect they're not beasts at all but objects.
Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

I would be VERY surprised if Blizz made the rares that drop mounts tamable. That seems like a dangerous game to play, they'd be clever to just take out the temptation.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Boven wrote:The razorbeaks may be intentionally untameable since they're a part of the Apexis daily you can get in Everbloom. Since they can be clicked upon to throw a rock at them when you have that daily, I suspect they're not beasts at all but objects.
While they are beasts (they show up on your minimap as beasts), you're probably right about the reason they were made untameable. There's always the risk they'll retain their NPC properties and be non-targettable (or one-click to kill for people who have the daily ;) ) I'll remove them from the list.
Azunara wrote:I would be VERY surprised if Blizz made the rares that drop mounts tamable. That seems like a dangerous game to play, they'd be clever to just take out the temptation.
Some of the mount droppers already are but maybe they shouldn't be. I suspect it soon won't matter because anyone who wants to grief will be able to quickly solo them before long. I'll remove them for now anyway.

Thanks for those replies :)
Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard, Hati's Realm

Unread post by Iowawolf »

Someone posted that there is a spirit lion in Nagrand that is summoned but untamable would be sweet if they added that to the list of spirit beasts.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I added the spirit porcupine appearance bug. The wrong flame colours thing. I noticed today it still exists for the red one at least. I think that first appeared in the WoD beta but hasn't been fixed yet.
Britty
Realm: Turalyon, Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Britty »

I know I commented in the sticky with the appearance bugs, but I am checking out things on the current build.
  • Not surprising, my color changing Raptor is still stuck black. (ID: 38187)
  • Vengeful Porcupette is still flickering blue/green in the middle.
  • Alliance Outpost related Mount in Nagrand is still the old model.
  • Dire Beast summons in Nagrand, ID 86181, is still showing the Old Model.
Someone may want to check to see if Thunderlords Rylak (ID:78514) is back in the game. They removed it in the first week because it kept cloning itself or something. I'm not quite sure how to spawn it (I'm not sure if I need to be on the Garrison quest for it to find Ra'ka Bloodspear (78475) Really hoping they add that one back because it's the only tameable one that matches the mount, I believe.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Britty wrote:I know I commented in the sticky with the appearance bugs, but I am checking out things on the current build.
  • Not surprising, my color changing Raptor is still stuck black. (ID: 38187)
  • Vengeful Porcupette is still flickering blue/green in the middle.
  • Alliance Outpost related Mount in Nagrand is still the old model.
  • Dire Beast summons in Nagrand, ID 86181, is still showing the Old Model.
Someone may want to check to see if Thunderlords Rylak (ID:78514) is back in the game. They removed it in the first week because it kept cloning itself or something. I'm not quite sure how to spawn it (I'm not sure if I need to be on the Garrison quest for it to find Ra'ka Bloodspear (78475) Really hoping they add that one back because it's the only tameable one that matches the mount, I believe.
Thanks very much for checking those :)
Equeon
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Thorium Brotherhood

Unread post by Equeon »

And previously little or huge wasps are still normal sized :(
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Degu the red spirit porcupine is fixed on the PTR. He now correctly has red flames, as does the Vengeful Porcupette minipet.

I checked a couple of wasps that used to be smaller than normal (the two Krasari Hissing breeds) and they still grow to normal size.

I don't have any old colour changers to check, but I suspect that may be gone for good. Once a specific colour is saved for it, that may be it. Does anyone have a hunter on the PTR with some former colour changers they can check?

Ah well, I'm happy Degu is fixed!
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

A large number of creatures in the wrong category, as well as a few other bugs that were listed, are fixed in 6.2 (thanks JF!). I've deleted those from the list, except for ones that may affect hunters directly - which I have placed a strike through instead.
Torachi
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Kilrogg, Ysera, Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Torachi »

Just wanted to toss a note in here that the Flamewing Skytalon in Frostfire Ridge is classed as a non-Exotic beast and can be tamed by Survival, Marksman, and Beast Mastery specs, as noted in this thread!

GM of <Darkness Dawning>
Casual Gaming - LGBT Friendly - Furry Friendly
VICTORY!
(Signature made by me)

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Torachi wrote:Just wanted to toss a note in here that the Flamewing Skytalon in Frostfire Ridge is classed as a non-Exotic beast and can be tamed by Survival, Marksman, and Beast Mastery specs, as noted in this thread!
So you found it! Wow, that was an unexpected bug. I had never suspected that exotic status could be independent of family. Thanks :)
Torachi
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Kilrogg, Ysera, Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Torachi »

Wain wrote:So you found it! Wow, that was an unexpected bug. I had never suspected that exotic status could be independent of family. Thanks :)
Indeed! I never thought about how they actually made Exotics, but this definitely makes me wonder about the possibilities now! :shock:

GM of <Darkness Dawning>
Casual Gaming - LGBT Friendly - Furry Friendly
VICTORY!
(Signature made by me)

BombyxAndDaLoque
Realm: Korialstratz

Unread post by BombyxAndDaLoque »

I think I noted one.
There is one Rylak that was classified as a Chimaera. The name is Chilltoungue. Somebody noted this is really one. Is this a bug?
WhyNotCats909
Realm: Misha, Kul Tiras

Unread post by WhyNotCats909 »

I remember, during one of the Icecrown quests involving The Bone Witch, she turned into the Val'kyr and asked you to challenge this really important guy. He comes in on a Blue Proto-Drake... that's marked as a Beast. I don't know if it ever becomes attackable, much less tameable.
Please don't hug the shiny kitties. The shiny kitties are angry all the time, and I wouldn't want Crazy Red Eyed Kitties to nom your face.
RazerCrazy
Realm: Sjattered Halls - Horde

Unread post by RazerCrazy »

Cannot be tamed:
Arra'chea Lvl 6 Rare Mulgore Scalehide Ferocity

I just tried today.