WoW Petopia Community

A fun place to chat about hunter pets in the World of Warcraft.
Visit the Petopia homepage Petopia Homepage
It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:51 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Forum Rules: Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete rules.




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 428 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
Author Message
Unread postPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:25 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:49 pm
Posts: 4
Realm: Baelgun
Gender: male
thank u so just some ideas i thought of i saw u put the lobstrock for crabs did u think about maybe the new model yeti in the gorilla category? and also aquatic beast as u have prob seen the sea pony and puffer mini pets there aquatic and have a bubble maybe that can work too for hunter pets there land "walking" would be in the bubble and there "swimming" animation would be the bubble popping and them well doing there normal thing lol


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:20 pm 
Offline
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:03 pm
Posts: 77
Location: Stranglethorn Vale
Realm: Moon Guard
Gender: Female
coraman2009 wrote:
thank u so just some ideas i thought of i saw u put the lobstrock for crabs did u think about maybe the new model yeti in the gorilla category? and also aquatic beast as u have prob seen the sea pony and puffer mini pets there aquatic and have a bubble maybe that can work too for hunter pets there land "walking" would be in the bubble and there "swimming" animation would be the bubble popping and them well doing there normal thing lol


Agreeing here. Would love LOVE to see some aquatic pets. However, there is the issue of the globe of water having the potential to obstruct the views of players and all that. As much as I would love to have my very own shark or stingray, I doubt Blizzard would do it :cry:
And, as of yet, there's no aquatic family. The horror! D:

_________________

Image
Icon by Seilahyn! Signature by Vephriel.



Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:04 pm 
Offline
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:51 pm
Posts: 445
Realm: Argent Dawn EU
Gender: male
Thorka wrote:
Agreeing here. Would love LOVE to see some aquatic pets. However, there is the issue of the globe of water having the potential to obstruct the views of players and all that. As much as I would love to have my very own shark or stingray, I doubt Blizzard would do it :cry:
And, as of yet, there's no aquatic family. The horror! D:


Or we could go the GW2 way (I know, sacrilege) and have some pets be summonable only in water, some summonable only outside of water, and some in both? This would also mean we could mark worms as ground-only and have the tunnelers back.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:07 pm 
Offline
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:03 pm
Posts: 77
Location: Stranglethorn Vale
Realm: Moon Guard
Gender: Female
Zhinru wrote:
Or we could go the GW2 way (I know, sacrilege) and have some pets be summonable only in water, some summonable only outside of water, and some in both? This would also mean we could mark worms as ground-only and have the tunnelers back.


Hmm. I could see that. Yet, I think it'd sadly, only make things a bit more complicated. Would be a shame to only use our sharks in Vashj'ir and other water-centric zones :cry:
I do like the idea of making tunnelers ground only, though. It would explain the need to not have a swim animation. Were we ever able to even tame them?

_________________

Image
Icon by Seilahyn! Signature by Vephriel.



Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:33 pm 
Offline
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:51 pm
Posts: 445
Realm: Argent Dawn EU
Gender: male
Thorka wrote:
Hmm. I could see that. Yet, I think it'd sadly, only make things a bit more complicated. Would be a shame to only use our sharks in Vashj'ir and other water-centric zones :cry:
I do like the idea of making tunnelers ground only, though. It would explain the need to not have a swim animation. Were we ever able to even tame them?


For a short time on 5.1 PTR, one of the new rares had a model of a tunneler.

That shark (or other fish) would be usable in any sufficiently big body of water so if you got into a fight in a river or lake even on a battleground, you'd still be able to replace your wolf or devilsaur with a shark.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:04 pm 
Offline
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:03 pm
Posts: 77
Location: Stranglethorn Vale
Realm: Moon Guard
Gender: Female
Zhinru wrote:
For a short time on 5.1 PTR, one of the new rares had a model of a tunneler.

That shark (or other fish) would be usable in any sufficiently big body of water so if you got into a fight in a river or lake even on a battleground, you'd still be able to replace your wolf or devilsaur with a shark.


Woah. I would've killed for a tunneler o: Was anyone able to tame one?
Hm. I could see it. At least we'd be able to have our sharks and other aquatic animals in the first place.

_________________

Image
Icon by Seilahyn! Signature by Vephriel.



Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:44 pm 
Offline
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:40 am
Posts: 14062
Location: Thedas
Realm: Dethecus
Thorka wrote:
Woah. I would've killed for a tunneler o: Was anyone able to tame one?


Only briefly on the PTR. Long enough for a video, though. :)

_________________

Image
Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!



Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:45 pm 
Offline
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:51 pm
Posts: 445
Realm: Argent Dawn EU
Gender: male
Thorka wrote:
Woah. I would've killed for a tunneler o: Was anyone able to tame one?


PTR, so nothing carried through to live, but there should be a video from Kalliope showing it off, as well as a bunch of posts on the 5.1 PTR section here.

EDIT: And Kalliope herself ninja'd my post. I didn't even need to call her three times.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:47 pm 
Offline
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:40 am
Posts: 14062
Location: Thedas
Realm: Dethecus
As soon as I figure out what "Bat Symbol" I respond to, I'll letcha know. :D

_________________

Image
Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!



Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:02 pm 
Offline
The Insane
The Insane
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:54 am
Posts: 9819
Gender: Male
I updated the list to reflect the cat and ravager skins that had been copied over to other models with 5.2 and are now actually free for devs to use. Also the new Albino tiger skin that was added. None of these have been seen on wild beasts yet.

In total, they are:

New for regular tiger model:
ImageTigerSkinAlbino (new skin added in 5.2)
ImageSpectralTigerBlue (copied in 5.2, was originally only for spectral feral (spirit beast) model)
ImageSpectralTigerGreen (copied in 5.2, was originally only for spectral feral (spirit beast) model)
ImageSpectralTigerPurple (copied in 5.2, was originally only for spectral feral (spirit beast) model)
New for hunched tiger model:
ImageTigerSkinAlbino (new skin added in 5.2)
ImageSpectralTigerBlue (copied in 5.2, was originally only for spectral feral (spirit beast) model)
ImageSpectralTigerGreen (copied in 5.2, was originally only for spectral feral (spirit beast) model)
ImageSpectralTigerPurple (copied in 5.2, was originally only for spectral feral (spirit beast) model)
New for sabre tiger model:
ImageRidingTigerSkinAlbino (new skin added in 5.2)
ImageLionessSkinGold (copied in 5.2, was originally only for regular & hunched models)
ImageTigerSkinBlackSpotted (copied in 5.2, was originally only for regular & hunched models)
ImageTigerSkinBlackStriped (copied in 5.2, was originally only for regular & hunched models)
ImageSpectralTigerBlue (copied in 5.2, was originally only for spectral feral (spirit beast) model)
ImageSpectralTigerPurple (copied in 5.2, was originally only for spectral feral (spirit beast) model)
ImageTigerSkinAmber (copied in 5.2, was originally only for regular & hunched models)
ImageTigerSkinAmethyst (copied in 5.2, was originally only for regular & hunched models)
ImageTigerSkinBlackGem (copied in 5.2, was originally only for regular & hunched models)
ImageTigerSkinDiamond (copied in 5.2, was originally only for regular & hunched models)
ImageTigerSkinJade (copied in 5.2, was originally only for regular & hunched models)
ImageTigerSkinRuby (copied in 5.2, was originally only for regular & hunched models)
ImageTigerSkinSaphire (copied in 5.2, was originally only for regular & hunched models)
ImageTigerSkinTurquoise (copied in 5.2, was originally only for regular & hunched models)

New for elite ravager model:
ImageCrawlerGreen
ImageCrawlerOrange
ImageCrawlerPurple

I also added the version of the white crane skin that was hiding in the "Alternate" folder. It's actually grey:
ImageCraneWhite (grey)

Still need to be copied:
To regular / hunched tiger from frostsabre model:
  • RidingTigerSkinAqua
  • RidingTigerSkinGoldNoSaddle
  • RidingTigerSkinLavender
To frostsabre model:
... from regular model:
  • TigerSkinGreen
... from spirit beast ('SpectralFeral') model:
  • SpectralTigerGreen
To elite ravager ('CrawlerElite') from regular ravager ('Crawler') model:
  • CrawlerVar1
  • CrawlerVar2
  • CrawlerVar3
  • CrawlerVar4
  • CrawlerVar5
  • CrawlerVar6
  • CrawlerVar7
  • CrawlerVar8
  • CrawlerVar9
To Crane model from 'alternate' folder Crane model:
  • CraneWhite (alternative version, actually grey)

_________________
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:02 am 
Offline
The Insane
The Insane
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:54 am
Posts: 9819
Gender: Male
I updated a few things:

- Added the two direhorn and one devilsaur skins that were removed and replaced while still on the PTR. They're all beautiful and it was a shame they couldn't be returned for use on rares or in other situations.

- Added the stone direhorn skins, none of which are available on any wild beasts, to my knowledge.

- Removed larvae from the top list and moved it to the "Untameable models that could fit in existing families" list in the third post. Since larvae are once more untameable.

I'll add the new model bats when I can get shots that include their wings. To my knowledge none have been used in the game yet, which seems like a waste. Perhaps they're inside the raid?

Also, not sure whether to include the new Thunder Isle birds here as birds of prey or something. Again, I don't think they've been used anywhere but in the raid. Such a shame.

_________________
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:57 am 
Offline
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:51 pm
Posts: 445
Realm: Argent Dawn EU
Gender: male
Wain wrote:
Also, not sure whether to include the new Thunder Isle birds here as birds of prey or something. Again, I don't think they've been used anywhere but in the raid. Such a shame.


Given the animations on at least Ji-Kun, I guess they're supposed to be a thunder phoenix.
(Now if only we could get shadow phoenix on mobs, and an ice phoenix, we would just wait for a new pet family)

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:46 pm 
Offline
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 25, 2011 1:14 pm
Posts: 1044
Realm: Thorium Brotherhood
Gender: Male
Wain wrote:
I updated a few things:

- Added the two direhorn and one devilsaur skins that were removed and replaced while still on the PTR. They're all beautiful and it was a shame they couldn't be returned for use on rares or in other situations.

- Added the stone direhorn skins, none of which are available on any wild beasts, to my knowledge.

- Removed larvae from the top list and moved it to the "Untameable models that could fit in existing families" list in the third post. Since larvae are once more untameable.

I'll add the new model bats when I can get shots that include their wings. To my knowledge none have been used in the game yet, which seems like a waste. Perhaps they're inside the raid?

Also, not sure whether to include the new Thunder Isle birds here as birds of prey or something. Again, I don't think they've been used anywhere but in the raid. Such a shame.

It seems a real waste if these are not used. They'd so perfectly fit on existing families.

Bats -> Bats
Thunderbirds -> Birds of Prey
Young Thunderbirds -> Raptors

_________________

Image
Armory - Hunter Pets - Companions/Mounts



Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:22 pm 
Offline
The Insane
The Insane
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:54 am
Posts: 9819
Gender: Male
Equeon wrote:
It seems a real waste if these are not used. They'd so perfectly fit on existing families.


I think part of the problem is that there aren't any "stitched together" files for the new bat skins yet. The wings and bodies cannot easily be shown on the same model. I'm guessing the art team just hasn't gotten around to it yet and the designers can't use them till they do. That's my theory.

The mount model is different. There's one colour that is already assembled.

Why they didn't choose to use the new thunder birds on the isle, I don't know. There's a pile of lovely colours.

_________________
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:34 am 
Offline
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:56 pm
Posts: 1597
Location: Aincrad
Realm: Lightbringer-US Nessingwary-US
Gender: The Manliest Man ever
i want a tameable version of the echo of Kros. SPIRIT DEVILSAUR GOLD RIGHT THERE!

_________________

Image

My dragons


Deviantart



Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:29 pm
Posts: 6
Realm: Moon Guard
Gender: Male
Charhounds may or may not be a tamable pet in 5.3

The Kor'kron summon them from Ragefire Chasm, and they're currently listed as (Beast, Tamable, Dog.)

Can someone confirm or deny this?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:03 pm 
Offline
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 25, 2011 1:14 pm
Posts: 1044
Realm: Thorium Brotherhood
Gender: Male
Fohlenten wrote:
Charhounds may or may not be a tamable pet in 5.3

The Kor'kron summon them from Ragefire Chasm, and they're currently listed as (Beast, Tamable, Dog.)

Can someone confirm or deny this?

I can deny this, sadly. So far no charhounds are tameable.

_________________

Image
Armory - Hunter Pets - Companions/Mounts



Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:19 am 
Offline
The Insane
The Insane
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:54 am
Posts: 9819
Gender: Male
My first update in a while!

I've finally got WMV to render the wings on the new model bats, so I just added them to the list. Click on the thumbnails to see full-size images.

ImageBatGreen
ImageBatGrey
ImageBatTroll: also has an optional saddle version. Presumably also intended for a Troll mount
ImageBatUndead: also has an optional saddle version. Presumably also intended for a Forsaken mount
ImageBatWhite

So far none have been used in the game. I have no idea why they weren't used in Pandaria somewhere, but maybe they have their reasons.

They should also appear as unused looks on Petopia when the site is updated next.

_________________
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:40 pm 
Offline
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:28 pm
Posts: 76
Realm: the Underbog/ Kul Tiras (H) US
Gender: male
i still am waiting for the armadeggon armadillo out in uldum to be tamable.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 22, 2013 3:24 pm
Posts: 40
Realm: Misha, Kul Tiras
I love the albino cat skin :( wish so much it was tameable, especially the red eyes version. It looks so amazing. And the white gem cat. I was thinking of suggesting t, maybe they'll use it :)

_________________
Please don't hug the shiny kitties. The shiny kitties are angry all the time, and I wouldn't want Crazy Red Eyed Kitties to nom your face.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 428 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group