Any info on the Legion Improved Transmog System?

For discussion of the next WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Any info on the Legion Improved Transmog System?

Unread post by Quiv »

The bottom of the official Legion page has a bullet point that says "Improved transmogrification system."

Has there been anything more about this? Any hints on what it is or even what it may accomplish? I am (very cautiously) hoping for some sort of UI treatment for storing gear but who knows.
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Re: Any info on the Legion Improved Transmog System?

Unread post by Vephriel »

I believe they're making it so that you no longer have to hold onto all of the pieces of gear, instead you simply "unlock" the appearance to use. :)

EDIT: Yep, I went to double check since I remember reading about it on the announcement day:
We're improving the transmogrification system, allowing you to collect item appearances and save your favorite outfits without sacrificing precious bag space.
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

I hope to sweet baby Glob that it's account bound, that would've just beyond amazing! So all those amazing things that you get on your alt that you desperately want for your main, would not go to waste :)

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Drenden/illidan

Unread post by SylviaDragon »

SpiritBinder wrote:I hope to sweet baby Glob that it's account bound, that would've just beyond amazing! So all those amazing things that you get on your alt that you desperately want for your main, would not go to waste :)
this. I really need this. I want to finish lore master but some of the BC stuff looks really nice and i don't have room for all the quest rewards i like if i did it. I usually do bc mogs for my main and have to go hunt down quests now and then.
I have also chosen the wrong item/deleted some pretty cool stuff on my main that i really wish i could use now. i am still hitting my head against a wall for choosing a red cape from a cata quest when it rewarded the only green model cape that fit my favorite pvp mog. blaahhh!
it would also make mogging lower ilvl alts so much easier.

*dreamy sigh*

zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

SpiritBinder wrote:I hope to sweet baby Glob that it's account bound, that would've just beyond amazing! So all those amazing things that you get on your alt that you desperately want for your main, would not go to waste :)
This for me too! Have to collect multiple sets of the same thing has taken up A LOT of bag space, bank and vault space. Would be nice if that were gone and it's the style heirlooms are.

Edit: Not exactly like heirlooms because I believe that creates the item which still stays in you bags if not using etc. But an account wide tab.

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Quiv »

Vephriel wrote:I believe they're making it so that you no longer have to hold onto all of the pieces of gear, instead you simply "unlock" the appearance to use. :)
Oh my god thank you for pointing that out.

Also how did I miss that :lol:
Arthur
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Staghelm and Azuremyst

Unread post by Arthur »

It would be cool if the system would be similar to D3's transmog system.

Imagemounts - pets - armoryImage

"If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor."

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

That would be awesome. Yeah, hopefully it's that extensive!

Hopefully they'll finally allow white and grey items too. 99% of those use the same set art as transmoggable pieces, but some in colours that have never been available for transmog.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

Thank Madokami...I have no void space left anymore because of all the transmog pieces I don't use but just "might"....><

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Ugh, I hear you Castile. x_x My bag space on Veph has been at critical levels since before Cataclysm. I ended up getting rid of a lot of my collection, because even before transmog happened I used to collect outfits just for fun, and to match my pets. I couldn't justify the space for it anymore so most of them had to go to make way for usable mail items. I have full Royal Satchels, full bank, both void storage pages unlocked. And every single space is taken up with the exception of my main backpack which I can usually keep empty, or at least half of it. That's all I have to work with in terms of room though. The toy box helped a little at first but then they just kept giving us more stuff to keep.

This will be a fucking godsend for me. I won't even know what to do with all that room!
Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

I believe it will be similar to Diablo's mog system(which is AWESOME btw)

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Loridon
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Loridon »

Can someone explain how the trans morg system in diablo works?
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Quiv »

If this feature stays in, it will add a whole new depth of gameplay for me personally. I will be running old everything to just to collect all the pieces on toons I care about mog with. I have pretty much stopped gear runs (outside a few pieces from Pandaria raid bosses I can solo) because, like many here, my void storage is full and my 11 Hexweave bags are full except for 8 precious spaces.

That being said, it is probably a dream to think there will be some solution for us to redeem rewards from old completed quest. Wish I would have kept Malefactor's Eyepatch all those years ago :(
Last edited by Quiv on Sun Aug 30, 2015 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

I hope we get a diablo 3 ish Interface
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Quiv »

Loridon wrote:Can someone explain how the trans morg system in diablo works?
I never got Reaper of Souls, but here is a pic of it. The top slot is where you drag the item you want to mog, and below that shows all the pieces you have unlocked for that slot. This is showing the shoulder slot.

Loridon
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Loridon »

Ty Quivering.
So when we unlock the pieces we keep that look forever and we can sell the item?
Alot more bagspace then :)
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Quiv »

Loridon wrote:Ty Quivering.
So when we unlock the pieces we keep that look forever and we can sell the item?
Alot more bagspace then :)
\

Well keep in mind that its early so these things can change, but thats the hope!
Equeon
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Thorium Brotherhood

Unread post by Equeon »

95% of my bank and 100% of my void storage is just filled with items for transmog. If that is the case, I really don't know what I'm going to do with all that space! It'll be a load off my shoulders, that's for sure.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

They'll have to give us something else to collect to fill the space. (I hope not, too much more will kill me!)

The D3 system looks good. I wonder if they'll go to the effort of allowing it to be sorted by art set, so that related pieces and recolours could be grouped together. This is something that would be extremely useful but couldn't be completely automated so would require a lot more work.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Loridon
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Loridon »

I hope it's account bound or atleast class bound. I'm not a altoholic,they only reason I have alts is for farming rare mount drops.Most off the time they just stay with the heirloom gear. So it wil be cool if I can use gear looks for my alts, from my main.