Demon Hunter

For discussion of the next WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
MaximumOverdrive
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Re: Demon Hunter

Unread post by MaximumOverdrive »

Pepsi Jedi wrote:
MaximumOverdrive wrote:The fact that only elves can play the class makes it a huge turn off for me. Never really liked them, and the only time I played an NE was to make a druid, which was quickly abandoned when Worgen druids were introduced. I understand it's a lore thing, but when has that ever stopped them before? Plus the class feels like they took rogue and lock combined together overall. There's a couple of fun/flavor abilities like double jump and seeing stealth, but that's about it. And again, another tank/melee dps class added. I never really found the idea of the DH exciting to begin with other than the "Oooo dark and badass anti-heros" which reminds me of the DKs all over again.

Right now, the possibility of me playing one is very low. Would've preferred something that would've actually added to the diversity of the various classes (Tinker would've been interesting at least).

Starting area sounds neat tho, I might make one just to see it, if I have any character slots available...
So basically you didn't like the concept before the expansion was ever announced. When it became reality you aren't interested, dont' want to play them, as you'd determined before they were unveiled, that you wouldn't like them, and from a hand full of powers, have decided what they 'are', and that you don't like it?

*chuckles* I'm not sure you're their target audience on this one Max.
Yeah, I'm definitely not lol. Nothing about DH is really that appealing to me. Yay for those who look forward to it, I just wish we had something different that stood out from the other classes. It just sounds so much like DK 2.0 right now, but instead of undead it's demons.
Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Well you can't really get upset that they put it in. People have been BEGGING for Demon hunters since BC.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

MaximumOverdrive
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by MaximumOverdrive »

Junrei wrote:Well you can't really get upset that they put it in. People have been BEGGING for Demon hunters since BC.
I know, most people were wanting it badly. If they hadn't added DK, I'd probably be way more open to it.
SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Drenden/illidan

Unread post by SylviaDragon »

I think demon hunters are the thing i am most excited for. They are a big nod to what Sylvia looked like before she became my night elf hunter to be honest. she was a far more alien creature so having a chance to recreate her like that would be really cool for me.
I really wish they had a ranged spec though. :( sometimes I do ok on my rouge but I am really, really bad at playing melee. so bad that its not fun for me to use them. So this will probably end up as a thing i am desperate to love but can't properly progress with beyond the novelty of the idea.

I am ok with them only being elves at the moment. it makes scene given their introductory quests. I do hope they open up the class more later on. I can't stand how limited druids are and demon hunters are even worse. its perfectly ok for now but in the future I could see orcs and humans being demon hunters. maybe trolls and the more exstreme members of the draenei too?

Pepsi Jedi
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Sha'Halo

Unread post by Pepsi Jedi »

I do wish we'd gotten Wardens along with the Demon hunters. That'd feel like we're getting more with the expansion.

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

SylviaDragon wrote:I think demon hunters are the thing i am most excited for. They are a big nod to what Sylvia looked like before she became my night elf hunter to be honest. she was a far more alien creature so having a chance to recreate her like that would be really cool for me.
I really wish they had a ranged spec though. :( sometimes I do ok on my rouge but I am really, really bad at playing melee. so bad that its not fun for me to use them. So this will probably end up as a thing i am desperate to love but can't properly progress with beyond the novelty of the idea.

I am ok with them only being elves at the moment. it makes scene given their introductory quests. I do hope they open up the class more later on. I can't stand how limited druids are and demon hunters are even worse. its perfectly ok for now but in the future I could see orcs and humans being demon hunters. maybe trolls and the more exstreme members of the draenei too?
There is no way orcs or draenei could handle being demon hunters. For starters, atleast with draenei, it goes way against their lore. They hate demonic magic. That's why they can't be warlocks(I think) cause it's not something they would ever do. Orcs....you do remember the orcs of outland, right? What they did to the draenei when they tasted demon blood(which has demon magic in it)? They went batshit crazy. There's no way they'd be able to handle being demon hunters either.

Only way to get good at something you're bad at is practicing and playing what you're weakest at. I sucked as boomkin and as a DK....but I kept practicing at it and now I'm a lot better at it and understand the class.

LisaaraPokefarm

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Yeah, Draenei especially I wouldn't expect to become Demon Hunters, for the same reason they still aren't allowed to become Warlocks. A Gnome Demon Hunter would be cute to see though!
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Wain wrote:Yeah, Draenei especially I wouldn't expect to become Demon Hunters, for the same reason they still aren't allowed to become Warlocks. A Gnome Demon Hunter would be cute to see though!
I would never be able to take that seriously. XD Never ever haha! Can you imagine them trying to lift their heads with those huge horns? Lmao!

LisaaraPokefarm

Kalasta
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Uther

Unread post by Kalasta »

Looks interesting...but here's my issue... so far for all of the WoW hero classes, they have all been melee. No new ranged classes whatsoever.. meh.
A ranger class would have been nice...but I guess we will have to settle for a hunter with the lone hunter ability....SMH

A big thank-you to Tårnfalk for re-sizing this sig pic.

Yaone
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Lightbringer

Unread post by Yaone »

Technically there is a book that teaches the way to become a demon hunter. Not sure if it works for horde, but as alliance you can go to Darkshore and jump in the whirlpool. From there kill the demon hunter inside and get the manual :P Blizz has been teasing us for quite some time regarding them.

For the record, I been wanting a DH since WCIII.
Divixon
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Frostmourne Alliance

Unread post by Divixon »

dont see why it cant be some or all race being this.. lore? pff the Deathknight part.. dont tell me legion and other classes lore if they became dks..
Syleye
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Shadowsong

Unread post by Syleye »

I am personally glad its restricted, about time they got back to some uniqueness in things, and I welcome a return to lore

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Ziroth wrote:dont see why it cant be some or all race being this.. lore? pff the Deathknight part.. dont tell me legion and other classes lore if they became dks..
It is some races....some means it's more than one. :P Two races get to be demon hunters and not all races get to be DKs either. The Pandaren aren't DKs because it doesn't make sense lore-wise. They weren't around during Arthas' reign or the recent scourge invasion.

LisaaraPokefarm

SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

My only concern is the massive influx of Melee that this will bring. I don't mind tanking (but only small dungeons/for friends) but it's very rare, not my "go to preferance". I really enjoy Dps, but with Melee being the only option I can just see people in groups thinking "oh GOD, another Demon Hunter...errrk"

I'm not wishing them to have a ranged spec, I think it's a bold move to give them 2, but I don't want to feel like I'm "Errk another Demon Hunter".

That said, very happy to try the tanking and Dps as I had no idea how either play, I could live or hate both, either or, or neither ;)

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Kalhoun
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Ghostlands (H) & Kirin Tor (A)

Unread post by Kalhoun »

SpiritBinder wrote:My only concern is the massive influx of Melee that this will bring. I don't mind tanking (but only small dungeons/for friends) but it's very rare, not my "go to preferance". I really enjoy Dps, but with Melee being the only option I can just see people in groups thinking "oh GOD, another Demon Hunter...errrk"

I'm not wishing them to have a ranged spec, I think it's a bold move to give them 2, but I don't want to feel like I'm "Errk another Demon Hunter".

That said, very happy to try the tanking and Dps as I had no idea how either play, I could live or hate both, either or, or neither ;)
It will be much like the beginning of Wrath with the Death Knights; there will be tons of Demon Hunters at first because everyone will be trying them out. But as the xpac goes on it will peter out as people go back to their mains and other alts.
Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Unread post by Xota »

I'm more trepidatious ‎about running into them in world pvp. I suspect that blizzard is going to err on the side of making them OP in pvp, at least at first, so players aren't underwhelmed by them. That was my experience with running into deathknights anyways. And monks too, to a lesser degree.
Zulmalakhan
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Defias Brotherhood

Unread post by Zulmalakhan »

actually.... monks weren't THAT op, blood DK were horrendously OP and still are a bit.... the reason monks seemed OP is because of the different playstyle, it was hard for people to get used to countering it.

And I suspect that DH won't be that op unless you are good ad using their evasion skills from what I can gather based on the info so fart they are darting short interval glass cannons... they use a set of abilities to do massive burst then they wait and evade until CD's are done and repeat.

Also considering that alot of specs are getting revamped I'm expecting a few more instant cast spells with charges, like dark apotheosis locks used to have, that is a fun and epic way of playing a toon and balancing out his DMG
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Yeah monks weren't that OP. DKs were ungodly OP and somewhat still are today.

LisaaraPokefarm

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Dragoncon has some fun updates about the demon hunter!
  • Start at level 98
  • Wields glaives & one handed swords
  • Rock both melee and ranged abilities
  • Abilities will have special visuals when transformed as well
Source: http://www.mmogames.com/gamearticles/wo ... dragoncon/

LisaaraPokefarm

BombyxAndDaLoque
Realm: Korialstratz

Unread post by BombyxAndDaLoque »

I never expected this to happen XD
Welp anyways Demon Hunters seem interesting :)
Just make sure that they can fly like a druid form.
Do they benefit from other weapons? Can warrior wear Glaives?