Any info on the Legion Improved Transmog System?

For discussion of the next WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
s1ncer1ty
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Feathermoon

Re: Any info on the Legion Improved Transmog System?

Unread post by s1ncer1ty »

Equeon wrote:It'll be a load off my shoulders, that's for sure.
Not only will it be a load off my shoulders, it'll be a load of shoulders off my shoulders. (Couldn't resist!) :mrgreen:
Equeon
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Thorium Brotherhood

Unread post by Equeon »

Nice one! :lol: For me, it'll be a load of shoulders and a garrison-load of assorted bows, guns, and crossbows, among other things.

I'm just really happy I held onto my favorite polearms back in Cataclysm. Not only can I wield them again when I go survival, but now I don't have to make the tough decision of tossing one out in favor of an armor piece that I could actually use!
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

s1ncer1ty wrote:
Equeon wrote:It'll be a load off my shoulders, that's for sure.
Not only will it be a load off my shoulders, it'll be a load of shoulders off my shoulders. (Couldn't resist!) :mrgreen:
Equeon
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by Equeon »

Good news, everyone!

https://twitter.com/Elvinelol
Transmog system is going to be a user interface like @Diablo & freeing up a lot of bag space in #Legion that's account wide.
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

So looks like it's gonna be account wide. :shock:

One word.....

YYYYAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY! <3

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Arthur
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Staghelm and Azuremyst

Unread post by Arthur »

:0 Yaaaahhh! I love it! Sounds great!

Imagemounts - pets - armoryImage

"If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor."

Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

Account wide really surprised me. Usually they introduce such these very cautiously, but I am all for it.

I assume this system will launch with the pre-leg patch, which means for a serial collector/mogger like me, I'll be in old dungeons and quests and raids for all time.

Living in old raids has sent my hunter main into a bit of a depression, and his new devilsaur has been a right prick lately so that doesn't help matters any.

Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

It shouldn't surprise you. It's account wide in Diablo already.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Makoes
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

So would that mean that no matter what toon you farm a dungeon on for gear drops, all characters would then gain access to the item drop looks? Of does it only work for items that have been equipped?

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Makoes wrote:So would that mean that no matter what toon you farm a dungeon on for gear drops, all characters would then gain access to the item drop looks? Of does it only work for items that have been equipped?
If its like diablo, you dont have to equip them.

LisaaraPokefarm

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

They said something about needing to be able to equip the item but in a way that suggested you don't actually have to, just not have any restrictions from doing so. I'm on my phone and it's difficult to check right now but can anyone find the official quote? I don't think they said so but I assume you still won't be able to transmog cloth onto plate even if you can wear it but who knows? :)
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Shade
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Alliance: Garona; Horde: Nordrassil

Unread post by Shade »

My question is:

Say I am running ICC on all of my toons that can run it. I am on my hunter and an amazing one-handed sword that I wanted for my monk drops. Do I get mad because I'm on the wrong toon when it drops, or am I thrilled that the danged thing finally dropped and my monk can now use it? As in, it is bind on pickup, the thing is already soulbound to my account and can I then hop on my monk and be able to use it?

Or do I have to be on a class that can actually use the equipment when it drops to get it added to my transmog catalog?
Slickrock

Unread post by Slickrock »

Shade wrote:My question is:

Say I am running ICC on all of my toons that can run it. I am on my hunter and an amazing one-handed sword that I wanted for my monk drops. Do I get mad because I'm on the wrong toon when it drops, or am I thrilled that the danged thing finally dropped and my monk can now use it? As in, it is bind on pickup, the thing is already soulbound to my account and can I then hop on my monk and be able to use it?

Or do I have to be on a class that can actually use the equipment when it drops to get it added to my transmog catalog?
I hope you have to be able to equip the drop. Otherwise that will create a nightmare of people ninjaing loot so they they mog it on an alt.
Account has been closed at user's request.
Equeon
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by Equeon »

Slickrock wrote:I hope you have to be able to equip the drop. Otherwise that will create a nightmare of people ninjaing loot so they they mog it on an alt.
I sure hope not, otherwise the entire account-wide thing would be entirely pointless. And you'd still have paladins "ninjaing loot" for their death knights, shamans for their hunters, etc.

Current content has been pushed to be personal mode by default, so competition for loot isn't an issue. If you're in current content raids on Master Looter, people wouldn't be rolling for transmog anyway.
And for older content, like MoP raid transmog runs? Just set it to personal.
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

I don't think you'll have to equip it and I hope you don't, otherwise it's the opposite of Diablo's mog systems.

LisaaraPokefarm

Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

Thats so amazing!! My vanilla hunter has Rok'delar so I can now finally use it on my main too?? /happy dance!!!

Also I don't feel bad for ditching all my staves now as my druid has most of them anyway weeeeeeee :D

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I can see Slick's point, that it could turn people into needy transmog sponges that try to absorb every bit of gear that drops into their library of appearances, regardless of which toon they're on. Hopefully they have a solution.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Wain wrote:I can see Slick's point, that it could turn people into needy transmog sponges that try to absorb every bit of gear that drops into their library of appearances, regardless of which toon they're on. Hopefully they have a solution.
Then again, there would have to be some relaxation of that system or it would be heavily unfair on cloth wearers. If the requirement is being able to wear the gear, then plate-wearers could learn everything that isn't class-restricted, as they can technically wear all armour types. At the other end of the spectrum, cloth-wearers could only ever learn cloth.
Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Unread post by Sukurachi »

Now if only they'd let us mog some of the legendary weapons we've gotten.
I still don't quite understand why we can't use them for transmog. I mean, we DID get them, and now we're using more powerful weapons,so why not be at least able to use the look of something we worked to get?

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Makoes
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

Wain wrote:
Wain wrote:I can see Slick's point, that it could turn people into needy transmog sponges that try to absorb every bit of gear that drops into their library of appearances, regardless of which toon they're on. Hopefully they have a solution.
Then again, there would have to be some relaxation of that system or it would be heavily unfair on cloth wearers. If the requirement is being able to wear the gear, then plate-wearers could learn everything that isn't class-restricted, as they can technically wear all armour types. At the other end of the spectrum, cloth-wearers could only ever learn cloth.
I could see being able to add the armor/weapon "look" to the joint "mog list" ( I don't know what to call it).
So say my hunter gets a really awesome looking plate piece drop in Black temple, since I've now "seen" the piece, if I were to go onto my paladin, that "look" would be available for me to use. But my hunter would not be able to mog that look, since they don't wear plate.

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?