Blizzard blog on Gnome hunter and confirming mech pets!

For discussion of the next WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Shinryu Masaki
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Blizzard blog on Gnome hunter and confirming mech pets!

Unread post by Shinryu Masaki »

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/199666 ... 11-25-2015

Nice to see that at least Goblins will have the ability to do it too from the start!
ImageImage
Pepsi Jedi
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Sha'Halo

Re: Blizzard blog on Gnome hunter and confirming mech pets!

Unread post by Pepsi Jedi »

Ok... I like that.

I mean it's not a huge deal for me, but Gnome and Goblin being able to tame them from the start, and some sort of challenge tames, with engineers allowing other races to do it..

Yes. They did that -right-.

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

The rabbit is a pretty fitting starting pet, and one that doesn't look too bad if enlarged. :). I like that the mechanicals aren't going to be just anywhere but will be challenge tames like spirit beasts. I wonder how many will be available at launch and how often they'll add new ones. Very cool, anyway :).
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Shinryu Masaki
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Shinryu Masaki »

It seems some mechs will be normal tames, as they did say that "most" would be challenge tames. I'm guessing the really cool ones will be the challenges while the meh ones will be available normally.
ImageImage
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

It seems this is going to be Spirit Beast 2.0, calling them "hard-to-find" like Spirit Beasts tend to be, and then ups the ante with most being "challenging to tame."

And Engineers make the item that lets you learn how to tame them, as well as the "food" they "eat." Okay enough with the quotes.

I am super pleased by this.
Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Unread post by Sukurachi »

Quiv wrote:It seems this is going to be Spirit Beast 2.0, calling them "hard-to-find" like Spirit Beasts tend to be, and then ups the ante with most being "challenging to tame."

And Engineers make the item that lets you learn how to tame them, as well as the "food" they "eat." Okay enough with the quotes.

I am super pleased by this.
Didn't you mean you are "super pleased" by this?
:lol:

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Albain
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Albain »

I wonder, with goblins being able to tame them from the start, and gnomes apparently getting a mech from level 1, will there be low level mechs for goblins to go after?
MaximumOverdrive
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by MaximumOverdrive »

Albain wrote:I wonder, with goblins being able to tame them from the start, and gnomes apparently getting a mech from level 1, will there be low level mechs for goblins to go after?
Probably, they mentioned a pet in or near Gnomer, so I'm guess there's gunna be quite a few low level ones like the rabbit and strider.
Albain
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Albain »

Even though we can tame exotic pets at 10, you don't run into a Spirit Beast til Arcturis. So I wonder.
SetsunaChan
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by SetsunaChan »

Albain wrote:Even though we can tame exotic pets at 10, you don't run into a Spirit Beast til Arcturis. So I wonder.
No. But there are other lower level exotics bm hunters can tame. Like the kurken on azuremyst isle is a lvl 11 I think not sure corehound. Blizz also added a whole bunch of low lvl rhinos, worms , etc out into a bunch of lower lvl zones.

Though knowing gnomes and goblins can tame mechs right of the bat wonder is optimos " I think that is it's name" in that cave in Loch Modan is going to be tameable.
Shade
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Alliance: Garona; Horde: Nordrassil

Unread post by Shade »

Not a huge fan of robotic pets-it seems to just swing really far away from being actualy pets but oh well.

I am very happy to hear that the thing to train them and feed them is going to be created by engineers. Aside from the big ticket mounts/companion pets, and the gun/goggles there was never much to make the entire grind of engineering worth it financially in my opinion, not like jewelcrafting, inscription and alchemy. Sure you can make some very convenient things-Jeeves, the Blings and the wormholes, but aside from the convenience of those items that are really only useful for the engineer themselves (ie not something you could sell to make a profit), there is not much to engineering that makes it grand these days. For the difficulty and cost of grinding that profession, the payout never felt as equal to the other professions in my opinion (as yes you can make those big ticket mounts/guns but they are super expensive and difficult to make, vs a jewelcrafter/alchemist/inscriptionist etc can pretty much always find a market for the things they make while leveling their profession).

I'm sure there will be a flood to the market for these items-but it is nice to give something to engineers that may be a bit easier to make and sell than just those big items.

So yay!
Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

I am so looking forward to the beta testing for these babies! :D

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Pewmew
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: aegwynn

Unread post by Pewmew »

With all the farming some of us went through for the dinomancy book, I'd rather have some fel-dinosaurs roaming around the expansion for us to tame...
Niabi
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Greymane-H, Rexxar-A, Staghelm-A/H, Nesingwary-A/H

Unread post by Niabi »

So excited! So excited! So excited! /Squee!

Come visit my lovely garden of dragons over at
Flight Rising

pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

I'm honest to goodness looking forward to this, that I don't a see a point of login in and play, because I so want this badly.
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

The robo-bunny is a 100% new model despite mimicking the battle pet. I'm hoping this means they'll all be upgraded and boy howdy if (which there probably is) there's a fluxfire panther model I will do ANYTHING TO GET IT. ANYTHING.

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Unread post by Rikaku »

I personally like how its implemented, or will be implemented. I think it'll be neat to see robo-pets. Even though they're not my pet of choice, I certainly welcome more variety. And, I do like a good challenge tame.

However, if an exploding sheep becomes tamable, I will be there SO FAST.

Though, if they had this up their sleeve all along, I feel it explains the whole "BM Artifact has to do with Mimiron" thing. XD

Oona

Unread post by Oona »

Throw in a mechanical raptor and/or a mechanical devil saur and I'll be happier than a troll in the Rio carnival.
Zulmalakhan
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Defias Brotherhood

Unread post by Zulmalakhan »

Pewmew wrote:With all the farming some of us went through for the dinomancy book, I'd rather have some fel-dinosaurs roaming around the expansion for us to tame...
YES YES YES OMFG SO MUCH YES for this thing :D, give us fel skyscreamers plssss, let some of the crazy zandalari following zul join up with the legion and give us demonic dinos 8-) :D :headbang:
Demonicow
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Echo Isles

Unread post by Demonicow »

hello i have a few ideas do you think there will be exotic mech pets?

for hunters with the Mecha-Mind Synchronization Fluid to tame mech pets(direhorns 2.0)(or Gnome/Goblin hunters) should there be an increase in stable size or maybe a seperate stable for mech pets,
will the mech pets be changed to beast npcs or will they remain as mechanical.

and if you might be wondering why i refer to them as mech pets and not mechs is because it sounds dumb these mech pets arent gundams they arent giant mobile suits etc(unless blizz wants to make one of course)

i really hope they dont bring back the loyalty/feedmeashittonorileaveyou system

and also why would mechs/pets require food if anything repair and maintenance would be better maybe with a repair bill or something similar maybe as a hunter ability that comes with the Mecha-Mind Synchronization Fluid or default for Gnome/Goblin hunters
"Y’know, Taurens are born hunters. You ever see a Tauren catch a salmon out of a stream? It really is quite exciting. You ever see a Tauren stalk a python? 'Course you haven't. That's because Tauren are so adept at blending in with their surroundings."

"Five curses and spite live in each gnome this truth cant be ignored, the best way to get rid of a gnome is to throw that Gnome Overboard.""

Armory