Hunter-Hall-Location

For discussion of the next WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
PrimalTazza
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Re: Hunter-Hall-Location

Unread post by PrimalTazza »

Well, at least it's close, right? And there could be locations added on later or places that were missed by whoever took the screenshot.

Art of my character Tazza by Isei! http://isei-silva.tumblr.com

Pepsi Jedi
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Sha'Halo

Unread post by Pepsi Jedi »

I like the images. It strikes me as a hunter 'camp'. Something that started out as a place to gather to hunt. Then after a few years they got together to build the hall itself, but odd guys out still have the tents and stuff around out side. It's not like stuff in the mountains and or woods are really planned communities. Looks good to me. I'm glad they didn't "Just' go with tauren "indian" motiff's.

I like it. And that tower in the back. I wonder if that's where our 'super secret eagle flight point' is.. and how many fellow hunters will have "Fly you fools!" macro'd.

Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Unread post by Sukurachi »

the idea of these lodges is certainly not multi-boxer friendly, or even particularly "hang out with my Warlock buddy" friendly.

by having players segregated by class it cuts us off from social interaction with other players.

unless these lodge things won't be the new "capitol cities / garrisons" of the expansion?
Last edited by Sukurachi on Wed Nov 25, 2015 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Shinryu Masaki
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Shinryu Masaki »

Dalaran is the neutral capitol of Legion, and the class halls are just there for some daily/weekly quests mostly from what I remember. Though apparently the Demon Hunters will be able to talk to each others using Demonic language if I'm not mistaken, or maybe it's their own language? Either way they did say it was going to be an experiment, and I'm not sure if it will be in their class halls only.

As for the Hunter place, I really like it! It feels kind of woodly Canadian-ish, so I get a homely vibe from it. I hope they add beavers around the place though! :P
ImageImage
Pepsi Jedi
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Dalaran is getting an "Upgrade" too.

Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade, Frostwolf, Proudmoore

Unread post by Lupen202 »

Yep, Dalaran is where you'll go for auction houses, banks, inns, trainers, etc. I believe. Class halls are just for artifacts, missions and dailies(?). So I'd imagine there'll be quite a few people hanging out in both areas.

Neiara - NE Hunter - Burning Blade (US) - Denial of Service

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Pepsi Jedi
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

They learned their lesson with WoD. Garrisons sounded good, till they realized noone saw anyone else pretty much ever any more and the capital cities looked like ghost towns.
I'm still a bit put off they dropped our Draenor Capitals. Horde had Blade Spire and Alliance had Kerabor, huge huge areas, plotted out with places for the vendors and banks and all that stuff, pulled last moment when they locked garrisons in those zones. Such a waste.

Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Yeah I wish they would've at least stuck with the idea of being able to put your garrison anywhere. Sick of FFR on my Horde and would have loved Talador... but oh well. Let's just hope Legion goes a lot better ;P

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

Humm It's just too elvish for my taste... I had hopes it was a grand Tauren hall with a huge totem pole in the middle that would stand tall piercing the roof of the building. I mean eagles imho are more of a Tauren thing rather than of Night Elves' which usually prefer nocturnal animals like cats and owls. I would loved if it was actually build by GrimTotems exiles and maybe some Nightbornes refugees, a neutral faction that welcomes both the Horde and the Alliance.
Loridon
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Loridon »

Lupen202 wrote: How cool would it be if there was a huge trophy room
No no,just no. I don't want that kind of location. I can understand that ppl kill an animal for meat and fur ( if the species are not endangered).
But not for just hang his head on the wall.Hunting for sport is cowardly.
I agree 100% with spiritbinder comment on the first page.
Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Loridon wrote:
Lupen202 wrote: How cool would it be if there was a huge trophy room
No no,just no. I don't want that kind of location. I can understand that ppl kill an animal for meat and fur ( if the species are not endangered).
But not for just hang his head on the wall.Hunting for sport is cowardly.
I agree 100% with spiritbinder comment on the first page.
They said they don't want Nesingwary to represent us as a whole as hunters, and I agree with that... But Nesingwary is still iconic and a large part of the class. I just don't see what's so wrong with having a single room dedicated to some of the kills of various hunters that have visited the lodge. We are hunters afterall. Maybe the room could even display the deceased companions of hunters to honor them.

But at the end of the day, while I personally think there is nothing wrong with taxidermy itself (not all taxidermy is made from animals killed purely for sport y'know), this is just a game... These are virtual animals we are talking about, animals that we kill daily with no questions asked for quests and materials.

Also do remember many of us are leatherworkers... I kill and skin animals daily to make a bit of extra gold, or to make into pants and gloves. I'd imagine it wouldn't be too difficult to mount one of my kills instead.

So can we please not bring these kinds of debates into it, lol.

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Loridon
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Loridon »

Lupen I don't want to make a debate of it. I just don't like the idea.
Its makes me uncomfortable to stand in a room full of dead animals. I don't see the joy of it.
Most of them were killed only to use as a statue. So disrespectful agains those animals.

I'm not a vegetarian, I eat meat. I just can't approve killing of animals only to "earn" a trophy. What a pointless death for those animals :/

So no I'm not a supporter of that idea. Even its just a game.
It's not that we were doing something brave. We just kil them with a bullet or arrow, not with our bare hands.Not something to be proud of...
Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

I too dislike people who go out and hunt a lion only to take its head and leave the body to rot. But I know many taxidermists, and many of them do not kill anything themselves. Instead they buy pelts off sites like eBay, or have people such as hunters commission them to mount their kills. If you dislike sport hunting you're hating on the wrong people here. Taxidermists are just the ones taking the hides and putting them to use, so that it isn't entirely wasted.

I even know of multiple taxidermists that only use road kill or animals that have died from diseases in their artwork. Or those that taxidermy pets.

Point being taxidermy isn't as simple and evil as you think.

But while I understand that some people will never feel comfortable with it in the real world... again these are just pixels; obviously, I would never do half the things I do in game such as y'know, killing civilians or committing mass critter genocide for an achievement. But whether people like it not, hunting down a kill with your beast at your side and having a trophy made out of it has been a large part of the "class fantasy" in WoW for years. While you may not be that kind of hunter, there are plenty that are just like Hemet. And this lodge is supposed to house all types of hunters.

Either way though the Lodge is still a huge WIP, so let's just wait and see what it looks like. It doesn't even look like there'll be enough room for a trophy room, I just thought it'd be a cool addition to a hunting lodge. But trophy room or not there are already a few taxidermy mounts scattered around and I'm fine with that.

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Zalani
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Earthen Ring, Arathor, Moon Guard(US)

Unread post by Zalani »

Tsiya
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary

Unread post by Tsiya »

Ironclaws wrote:
SpiritBinder wrote: I don't expect to see this, but I think Mok'Nathal in Blades Edge would be a cool place for hunters. With all the hunters standing around and the pets roaming freely, I've always felt this was a nice refuge for hunters. The only big problem I see with this though is that Rexxar might not be welcome. And personally, Rexxar is one of my favorite characters and a HUGE hunter class representative.
Well, what if we get a quest to fix things between Rexxar and his fambly? Be a nice intro to the whole hall idea too...

My pets - My companions

Sig by Sookie!

Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Unread post by Sukurachi »

The thing is, the class is called "Hunter", not "Taxidermist".
Lupen202 wrote:I too dislike people who go out and hunt a lion only to take its head and leave the body to rot. But I know many taxidermists, and many of them do not kill anything themselves. Instead they buy pelts off sites like eBay, or have people such as hunters commission them to mount their kills. If you dislike sport hunting you're hating on the wrong people here. Taxidermists are just the ones taking the hides and putting them to use, so that it isn't entirely wasted.

I even know of multiple taxidermists that only use road kill or animals that have died from diseases in their artwork. Or those that taxidermy pets.

Point being taxidermy isn't as simple and evil as you think.

But while I understand that some people will never feel comfortable with it in the real world... again these are just pixels; obviously, I would never do half the things I do in game such as y'know, killing civilians or committing mass critter genocide for an achievement. But whether people like it not, hunting down a kill with your beast at your side and having a trophy made out of it has been a large part of the "class fantasy" in WoW for years. While you may not be that kind of hunter, there are plenty that are just like Hemet. And this lodge is supposed to house all types of hunters.

Either way though the Lodge is still a huge WIP, so let's just wait and see what it looks like. It doesn't even look like there'll be enough room for a trophy room, I just thought it'd be a cool addition to a hunting lodge. But trophy room or not there are already a few taxidermy mounts scattered around and I'm fine with that.

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Equeon
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Thorium Brotherhood

Unread post by Equeon »

Sukurachi wrote:The thing is, the class is called "Hunter", not "Taxidermist".
I think a brief glance at armor sets of the past ten years would indicate that Blizzard considers the average hunter to be very comfortable taking trophies from their kills.
Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Sukurachi wrote:The thing is, the class is called "Hunter", not "Taxidermist".
Lol... I know what my class is. But hunting and taxidermy often go hand in hand? Look at Hemets camp in Pandaria; I distinctly remember a taxidermist there along with some mounted animals. Or visit any dwarf inn. Taxidermy is very commonplace in a lodge type setting. You really think that out of the thousands of hunters and leatherworkers, none take an interest in mounting their kills?

It's kind of ridiculous though to argue about what we'd like to see in the lodge. I feel that a few taxidermied animals would liven up the place and give it more of a lodge feel. If you don't agree, cool. I highly doubt that whatever is said here will change any of Blizzards design choices at any rate. But from what we've seen they already went and added some - the spider target, and mounted heads.

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Rhyela
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

Well, and like it or not, the word "hunter" encompasses many kinds of people. Even here, we have people who tame any ol' thing and adore it, treating it as an equal. Then there are others who tame the most prized animals to show them off as trophies. I fall somewhere in the middle, loving both my standard hyena as well as my King Krush (and part of that is because of the prestige).

Likewise, there are some in-game who take the "hunting" aspect literally, and enjoy the finding and killing of a rare beast as a challenge. Granted, I'm not particularly fond of this type myself, but they are still hunters in the most literal sense, and still representatives of our class.

We may not all agree on this, and Hemet isn't my favorite guy either, but he's still a hunter. With that in mind, I think the room of taxidermied animals sounds pretty neat. It may not be for everyone, but it's still part of what a hunter is.

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Aquillian
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Steamwheedle Cartel

Unread post by Aquillian »

I hope they find a way to let our pets wander around as NPCs the way minipets did in our garrisons. Actually, it would be darn cool if it generated a set number of pets based on the hunters in the zone. So we might see our pet running around with someone else's wolves, or someone's owl perched on a roof. Man, imagine that.