Legion - random ideas thread

For discussion of the next WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Thwip
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Elune/Gilneas [US]

Re: Legion - random ideas thread

Unread post by Thwip »

SetsunaChan wrote:
Calomel wrote:My idea isn't crazy or anything, just a small quality of life fix.

It would be helpful if it were possible to view the buffs and special abilities a pet gives when looking at it in the Stable. I can already view what kind of food the pets require, even though feeding your pet isn't necessary anymore. It's just a little inconvenient to have to tab out of the game to look up which pet families provide the buffs and abilities I need when choosing my pet lineup.

http://wow.curseforge.com/addons/stablehelper/
^
That addon does exactly what you are asking for! :D But an actual ingame version that doesn't require to use an addon would be muchly appreciated.

My suggestion for legion is to some how bake glyph of mending and glyph of misdirection into their abilities proper.
Thank you for linking this! I also always forget what buffs pets have and end up having to pull Petopia up a lot. So this is nice!

Btag name is Buu! US Horde

Thwip - Xanbu - Lymphoma

SetsunaChan
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by SetsunaChan »

You're welcome! :D I used to have to resort to a notepad by my desk for the info cause same deal always forgot which had what.

As for another idea for legion. I know it's not hunter related but... Pirate styled gear for rogues since Outlaw spec is basically your a pirate. Rogues have ninja gear now they need pirate! Cause all the pirate items are cloth..
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

I posted my greater stable idea back on this thread: http://forums.wow-petopia.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=23521

However that would take work to do. I would just like the UI to show all the slots at once so I dont constantly have to bounce between pages. It would also help me group my pets up better.
PrimalTazza
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by PrimalTazza »

A nice little thing I'd like to see would be pet transmogging.

People who have, for example, the old Grimtotem Spirit Guide wolf could have the ability to apply the look to a wolf pet on a new, low-level alt. It'd save people from hunting multiple rares across multiple characters - if you have two hunters and want Loque on both, getting him on one would set you for life. You'd just have to tame the readily available Gara or Pandaren spirit beasts and then slap on Loque's model.

It could also save people from simply doing something that's almost obsolete just for a pet model - the Molten Front rares being a big example. Sure, several of the fire-spiders have made it outside the Molten Front, but the obsidian golem-cat is not.

It'd even help with stable space, since someone could just keep one or two of the ever-popular spirit beasts and swap them around instead of having nearly a whole page of just spirit beasts (I'm one of these hoarders and it often makes me feel selfish).

Sitting and waiting for a pet, then getting that adrenaline rush can be pretty fun the first time or two, but... the second time? Not so much.

Edit: This obviously would see some trouble considering pet names being changeable only with the Certificate of Ownership (is that its name?) that scribes make, and don't seem to make all too often. I sometimes have to buy them ahead of time and keep them handy just in case because of the sporadic availability. Another change could be allowing pet renaming on the fly, or from the stable, possibly with a cost included, just like a barber shop or regular transmog NPC.

Art of my character Tazza by Isei! http://isei-silva.tumblr.com

Bristlenose
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Bristlenose »

Has anyone mentioned larger stables yet? I'm already at capacity with two of my hunters and though I could release a few to free space for new tames like the mechanicals I might have to start releasing some of my other rare tames which would be a shame.
Karathyriel
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Not playing anymore.

Unread post by Karathyriel »

Yeah, maybe they should change stables to something like the toybox or the heirloom collection.
One tame, pet available account wide?
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Quiv »

Forgive my sloppy mspaint modification of the Petopia stable image, but I would be happy with this.

Araucaria
Realm: Ghostlands

Unread post by Araucaria »

That stable model would be fantastic, much more organized!
I'd like to be able to give commands to my pets, such as /sit or /sleep, like a PetEmote Addon with animations :D

edit: And Please! Bring back Eyes of the Beast! It could be disabled in Bgs, but at least leave it there for fun. Maybe it could return as an artifact ability?
Calomel
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Icecrown

Unread post by Calomel »

SetsunaChan wrote:
Calomel wrote:My idea isn't crazy or anything, just a small quality of life fix.

It would be helpful if it were possible to view the buffs and special abilities a pet gives when looking at it in the Stable. I can already view what kind of food the pets require, even though feeding your pet isn't necessary anymore. It's just a little inconvenient to have to tab out of the game to look up which pet families provide the buffs and abilities I need when choosing my pet lineup.

http://wow.curseforge.com/addons/stablehelper/
^
That addon does exactly what you are asking for! :D But an actual ingame version that doesn't require to use an addon would be muchly appreciated.

My suggestion for legion is to some how bake glyph of mending and glyph of misdirection into their abilities proper.
Where has this addon been all my life? It's exactly what I need! Thank you!

Tanin - Troll - Beast Master - Icecrown, US
Currently Hunting: ...for the pacifier...

Bristlenose
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Bristlenose »

In light of this thread I think a mobile stable option would be a better choice than expanded stables.
pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

Since we are a pure dps class, this is my hunter class utility idea;

Critter's Nest
10 Focus
30 yd range
3 sec cast
2 min cooldown
Requires Hunter
Requires level 68

Creates a Critter's Nest for 2 min. Party and raid members can use the Critter's Nest to acquire a 'Friendly Critter' that will follow them around.

Friendly Critter
Guardian
Unique.
Friendly critter can help you escape the effects of any immobilization or movement speed reduction effect and increase speed for 50% for 5 seconds after your escape.
(1 Min Cooldown)
3 Charges
Taru

Unread post by Taru »

Survival hunter will have a new talent that summons a sentry turret which is pretty cool and I'm sure engineers and gnomes will be happy about it but I hope there will be a glyph for people who don't like mechanical things (but want to choose that talent).
Maybe a snail that spits at enemys or one of the stationary worms like Magmaw ^^
Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Unread post by Xota »

Taru wrote:Survival hunter will have a new talent that summons a sentry turret which is pretty cool and I'm sure engineers and gnomes will be happy about it but I hope there will be a glyph for people who don't like mechanical things (but want to choose that talent).
Maybe a snail that spits at enemys or one of the stationary worms like Magmaw ^^
I was thinking a bee hive as I was reading this, but the 'crust-buster' worm idea is even better.
Ickabob
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Ickabob »

A talent or glyph that lets MM keep their pets.

Now that would be nice.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Quiv »

I would add even if the only way they would let us have it is as a purely cosmetic pet. Anything that would allow MM to keep their pet.

I swear, the idea of basing a spec's fantasy off Lone Wolf, a talent that I'd wager most people took primarily for performance reasons, is mind boggling.
Equeon
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Thorium Brotherhood

Unread post by Equeon »

It also completely removes the concept of "one archer and her pet".

You're either a lone wolf, a melee ranger with a pet, or a beastmaster with dozens of animals at your disposal.

I understand that Blizzard wants to differentiate specs further, and making one melee and another petless was the best way to do that, but I can't think of a single NPC ingame that is melee with a pet, besides Rexxar.

On the other hand, "ranged with one pet" is found very frequently in NPCs such as Hawkmaster Nurong.
Slickrock
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter

Unread post by Slickrock »

So maybe a bow with spikes on the end so it can be used in melee but it also can shoot bullets and summon lightning pets and...
Account has been closed at user's request.
Karathyriel
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Not playing anymore.

Unread post by Karathyriel »

Equeon wrote:On the other hand, "ranged with one pet" is found very frequently in NPCs such as Hawkmaster Nurong.
That might be because those NPC were created BEFORE there was the idea of differentiating the specs... :mrgreen:
Araucaria
Realm: Ghostlands

Unread post by Araucaria »

In a game slightly similar to Wow, the minions and companions that follow your character jump right after your character jumps, and follow your commands.
It doesn't work too well in some versions, but still something like that could be added to Wow, possibly as a glyph, along with commands like sit and sleep, or to toggle on and off the flying stance in some pets.

Just an idea, after seeing all the animations in Wowheads model viewer ;)
Equeon
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Thorium Brotherhood

Unread post by Equeon »

Bhando wrote:
Equeon wrote:On the other hand, "ranged with one pet" is found very frequently in NPCs such as Hawkmaster Nurong.
That might be because those NPC were created BEFORE there was the idea of differentiating the specs... :mrgreen:
I don't think that's it. NPCs don't usually follow the often arbitrary distinction of classes, let alone specs.

There were plenty of "Lone Wolf" NPCs before the talent ever came out... that's because infantry soldiers, snipers, and rangers are relatively common character types.