Expanded Dinomancer Tome

For discussion of the next WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.

If they expanded the tome to tame other dinosaurs which would you want?

Pterrorwing/Pterrordax
33%
Stegodon/Thunder Lizard
4%
Diemetradon
No votes
All
63%

Total votes: 27

Takanuka
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Whisperwind

Expanded Dinomancer Tome

Unread post by Takanuka »

Kind of sucked we only got Direhorns and their broken spell from Dinomancers. Who else was disappointed? And what dinosaurs would you want to see introduced into wow?
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Re: Expanded Dinomancer Tome

Unread post by Vephriel »

Pterrorwings!!! I've been pining over them for so long. ;A; They're beautiful and they tease us by being in the dire beast line up.

I agree though, I feel like the tome should have opened up at least a few options.
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

I tend to agree, if there weren't examples of them being tamable and by trolls in the same area/zones already, it would be less conceivable, but then.......

(Why hello there survival hunter! :D )

I was always a bit dubious about them as pets but I loved these models. I felt pretty bad that as Dire Beasts they never made if off the ground and they came across as a bit crippled. (like Rylaks too for that matter).
That said they also have wonderful ground/attacking animations too, so it's not like they were lacking, I just hoped they could make use of both set of animations in some way. I don;t know, call me greedy :lol:

Could be a neat and tidy way to add them in, but if not, I hope they add them to the tamable list in any capacity. :)

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Unread post by Xota »

SpiritBinder wrote: I felt pretty bad that as Dire Beasts they never made if off the ground and they came across as a bit crippled. (like Rylaks too for that matter).
That said they also have wonderful ground/attacking animations too, so it's not like they were lacking, I just hoped they could make use of both set of animations in some way.
For any model that has both run and fly animations, I think they should "fly" when you're mounted, or when dashing/charging. A lot of the run animations look jittery when moving too fast. With flying/swimming, the animations don't have to be synced with movement speed. It'd probably take some time for someone to code it up, but ideally it could be applied to minipets too.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

I'd be game for all of them, but they should be reworked to be similar to pets we have.

Direhorns should get Boar moves
Diemetradons should get Crocolisk moves
Pterrordax and Pterrorwings should get Bat moves
Stegodons and Thunderlizards should get Rhino moves