Mounts in Legion

For discussion of the next WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Re: Mounts in Legion

Unread post by Quiv »

Wain wrote:Image
This blasted thing is growing on me. I hope they do recolors based on existing fox colors, I want a silver one!
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I'm loving that fox more and more. At first its face creeped me out a bit, like one of those faces people carve into apples and dry them. But it's definitely grown on me a lot. The special is very cool. :)

I've updated the Legion mount page with the infernals, etc.:
http://warcraftmounts.com/legion.php
The page is getting long. I really need to add an index :p

I haven't taken multiple poses of the infernals yet as I suspect I may yet have to reshoot them. All three colours currently display green fire, yet the particles are flagged in such a way that the fire colour can be adjusted, which suggests they may intend for the blue and red ones to have matching fire colours. I'm waiting to see.

I'm also very happy that Blizzard have started adding a complete file listing to the database again. No more guessing file names by brute force approaches! Thanks to a very kind staff member at MMO-C for the info :)
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Arthur
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Staghelm

Unread post by Arthur »

Quiv wrote:
This blasted thing is growing on me. I hope they do recolors based on existing fox colors, I want a silver one!
I agree <3

I'd love to see a Marble Fox mount.

Imagemounts - pets - armoryImage

"If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor."

Slickrock
Illustrious Master Hunter

Unread post by Slickrock »

Quiv wrote:
Given Blizz's mount direction these days, there will be 12 different colors, all from different factions and achievements and.....
Account has been closed at user's request.
zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

I'm still disturbed by the fact that the fox's reins seem to be piercing it's neck.

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Peridot wrote:
I'd love to see a Marble Fox mount.

Wow. Very cool. Is that a random wild colour mutation or something specifically bred for? :)
Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade, Frostwolf, Proudmoore

Unread post by Lupen202 »

Bred. Marble foxes don't occur in the wild like cross, red and silver foxes do. Id love to see them as a mount too but the calico/whitemark cross coloration has always been my favorite.

Neiara - NE Hunter - Burning Blade (US) - Denial of Service

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

Quiv wrote:
And I'm hoping there will be some tameable pet models. I like foxes, but the current model.. it's just too critter-like for me to like. Too blocky. This one is cool.
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Wow Lupen, I had no idea that foxes could come in so many colours!

And yeah Qraljar, I'm hoping for a new wild fox too. Unfortunately if you strip off the saddle, this one is missing parts. But hopefully they can make a wild version.
Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

Wain wrote: And yeah Qraljar, I'm hoping for a new wild fox too. Unfortunately if you strip off the saddle, this one is missing parts. But hopefully they can make a wild version.
Ah, I expected as much. Just something about how the saddle and armor was placed and how it looked made me look like it was part of the model itself, whereas with the spider, it seemed to me like it was built on top of the existing model.

But thanks for confirming it!

I hope they do have an unarmored version without a saddle. Foxes could use more models anyway. :)
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

That fox really does need a collar or something because the neck studs are just...really really weird. It'd be fine if it was actually stone textured or something (because you can drive screws into a statue and all that) but... yeah...

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

Some more mounts on the way it seems :)

Bloodfang Widow (New) Summons and dismisses a rideable Bloodfang Widow. 1.5 sec cast.
Brilliant Direbeak (New) Summons and dismisses your Brilliant Direbeak. Account wide. 1.5 sec cast.
Coldflame Infernal Name changed from "Mount Template 51" to "Coldflame Infernal". Summons and dismisses your Mount Template 51 Coldflame Infernal. Account wide. 1.5 sec cast.
Fel Core Hound (New) Summons and dismisses a rideable Fel Core Hound. Account wide. 1.5 sec cast.
Felblaze Infernal (New) Summons and dismisses your Felblaze Infernal. Account wide. 1.5 sec cast.
Flarecore Infernal (New) Summons and dismisses your Flarecore Infernal. Account wide. 1.5 sec cast.
Hellfire Infernal Name changed from "Mount Template 50" to "Hellfire Infernal". Summons and dismisses your Mount Template 50 Hellfire Infernal. Account wide. 1.5 sec cast.
Llothien Prowler Name changed from "Mount Template 49" to "Llothien Prowler". Summons and dismisses your Mount Template 49 Llothien Prowler. Account wide. 1.5 sec cast.
Predatory Bloodgazer (New) Summons and dismisses your Predatory Bloodgazer. Account wide. 1.5 sec cast.
Snowfeather Hunter (New) Summons and dismisses your Snowfeather Hunter. Account wide. 1.5 sec cast.
Viridian Sharptalon (New) Summons and dismisses your Viridian Sharptalon. Account wide. 1.5 sec cast.

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

SpiritBinder wrote:Fel Core Hound (New) Summons and dismisses a rideable Fel Core Hound. Account wide. 1.5 sec cast.
*drools*
Oh how I hope its the revamped model!! Please Blizz change our pets to that.

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master

zedxrgal wrote:
SpiritBinder wrote:Fel Core Hound (New) Summons and dismisses a rideable Fel Core Hound. Account wide. 1.5 sec cast.
*drools*
Oh how I hope its the revamped model!! Please Blizz change our pets to that.
It's looking that way, Wain found the model some time back, it's VERY nice :)

http://www.warcraftmounts.com/legion.php

­
­
­
Equeon
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Thorium Brotherhood

Unread post by Equeon »

http://beta.wowdb.com/items/137570-bloodfang-coccoon

The Spider mount isn't a store pet! I'm assuming it's a drop from Mythic <night elf raid that escapes my name>.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

All the new falcosaur/ muppet raptors are up on the site now:

Image Image Image Image

And better shots for the new infernal mounts, using the proper particle colours:

Image Image Image Image Image
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

I really like that silver/blue infernal. And the blue one with orange fire.

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

jensketch
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Stormrage

Unread post by jensketch »

Had no idea this site exited, thanks for making a comprehensive grouping of them all - it's a really nice clean website too - you should have a subscribe button so we can get emails on new updates :)
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

To quote MMO-Champion:
Azure Water Strider Summons and dismisses a rideable Azure Water Strider. This mount walks on water in non-battleground areas Pandaria until damage is taken. Account wide. 1.5 sec cast.
Crimson Water Strider Summons and dismisses a rideable Crimson Water Strider. This mount walks on water in non-battleground areas Draenor until damage is taken. Account wide. 1.5 sec cast.
So if the datamined text is true (keep in mind it may not be), then they are changing water striders to cease functioning outside the expansion areas they are derived from. No using them in the rest of Azeroth or newer content, no using them in current content, you have to earn a new one. Presumably so they can "encourage" more players to go after a new one in Legion, since so few people went after the Draenor one. But to be fair the latter which was derived from a dull, uninspired grind that was pushing the limits of what people will take before realizing this is a game and they have better things to do.

If it's true then I believe it's completely unnecessary. Time and time again we've seen that players will obssessively go after mounts, as long as it's within reason. If they're not going after a particular one then I think it's more a red flag on the way you implemented it and not a sign that you need to try harder to make them. Be reasonable and they'll go after a new water strider, regardless of whether their older one still works.
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master

W.... T...... @.....
That's so not cool if it's true :O

­
­