Pet model images for Legion

For discussion of the next WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Re: Pet model images for Legion

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

Yeah, like others have said, since there isn't a family-buff connection anymore, they could call the unicorns Magical Ponies and I'd be okay with it, as long as I get my magical pony. The only difference it will make would be for exotics/nonexotic... which in the case of the mana sabers would make sense because they're Magic Kitties (and thus probably(?) exotic) but a cat is a cat.

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

Zulmalakhan
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Defias Brotherhood

Unread post by Zulmalakhan »

I'm still surprised about the whole manasaber crap.... they could be spirit beasts or cats, seriously now, and still no tameable rocs and skyscreamers, they could easily make a new Direwing family with giant winged predatory animals in it like : skyscreamers, the new rocs, dread ravens, fire hawks, even a pterrodax ( though that uses the bat skeletal frame )..... but noooooo....we get 3 cats.... that are unique because they are infused with.......mana..............

Second thing I find silly, giving people mechanical pets for gnomes...... but no undead pets for forsaken....... that whole it's not meant to be tameable thing is total crap now... it is VERY lore friendly to allow undead pets:
-a forsaken that raised his favored pet from when he was alive...
-a troll witch doctor troll who couldn't bear parting with his raptor and resdurected him using voodoo.....

see that? lore friendly, LOGICAL, not FAR FETCHED, as opposed to:

mechanical pets:
-the way to get them is to infuse nanites into your body to remote control them and take over their systems....

Perfectly lore friendly.... FOR FREAKIN TERMINATOR OR STAR TREK .......as advance as the gnomes may be technologically speaking, let's be serious, aside from the eredar and possibly the Titan-born would have access to this level of technology.

As for the new raven, I LOVE THE NEW MODEL, I HATE THE LARGE SIZE, the awesome thing about this pet what that it was like an actual critter, it was a great and unique RP pet and with the advent of melee hunters it would shine even more ( think of Dust from Darksiders 2, how he was feading on the corpses of your kills and accompanying you along your journey )

:3 other than that.... legion is pretty much what I was hoping for: melee hunter spec, new warlock pet models,demo warlock finally acts like the class I loved in vanilla demon hunter class, unholy DK who acts more like a necromancer, except for that fact that druids didn't get dino forms and what's more, lost the awesome claws of shirvala model :(, that part sucks.

P.S would also love to see some tameable armored raptors using the vicious war raptor model, but with other color combos, something fel would be AWESOMELY BADASS
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

But...there's already plenty of undead models in game.

I mean, yeah, there's several that got a miss for some reason but they weren't ever 'beasts', they were undead, and even the new mechanicals are still classed 'beast'.

But yeah, there's a mummified hawk, a spider made out of bones and spiderweb, deer, bears, and wolves with their guts hanging out... there's -already- undead models available even now.

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I moved Moonone's Mana saber tames to the pet list thread :)

http://forums.wow-petopia.com/viewtopic ... &start=260
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Zulmalakhan
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Defias Brotherhood

Unread post by Zulmalakhan »

the mana sabers look nice... just sucks that they are plain cats and not sabertoothed

also the "undead" pets we can tame, aside from the eagle are more zombie and diseased, I like some skeletal ones :D : undead raptor, bone wolf, skeletal wind serpent, and considering we have the dark ranger talent, that is not impossible or lore breaking :D

PS. any news on skyscreamers and armored isle of thunder dinos ( direhorns, devilsaurs and the 2 untameable raptor mount skins ) ?
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

Not sure if this belongs here but:

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

I'm pretty sure that's not tamable since fish haven't been but...

Won't lie. I'm hoping that's a new mount.

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Right, I'm pretty sure they're not tamable as well (though that didn't stop my brain from being like "New sporebat!" until I looked at it closer :lol:). But if it is some sort of beast thing I wasn't sure where Wain was putting that kind of stuff. :)

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Unread post by Kurasu »

It looks like the stingrays that showed up in Pandaria to me, just in different colors and with higher resolution. I wonder if they'll replace the old models with the new ones there.
Come see Kurasu's stables!
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

I know there's a new stingray minipet coming out, I guess they wanted to update the textures a little for them. :) They look really cute now!
zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

TygerDarkstorm wrote:Not sure if this belongs here but:
OH MAH GOSH! So cute. Look at it's little smile!!!!

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Vephriel wrote:I know there's a new stingray minipet coming out, I guess they wanted to update the textures a little for them. :) They look really cute now!
Well I knew it wouldn't be a hunter pet (but Wain has posted quite a few things that aren't hunter tamable I just couldn't remember where :lol:), but I mean, mini pet is still a pet, right? :lol:

@Kurasu Interesting. MoP wasn't that long ago. Why would they invest time in updating a skin from then when we have so many Vanilla skins that are in bad need of updating? (I know you don't have the answer, I'm just musing out loud.)

[/center]
Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Kurasu »

Ah! I stand corrected! They came out in *Cataclysm*. Pandaria is just where I remember seeing them most often, but there were rays in Cata as well. They just reused the model in Pandaria for the sting rays in Krasarang.
Why would they invest time in updating a skin from then when we have so many Vanilla skins that are in bad need of updating?
*That* I can't help with. ;) I know I'd love to see more tallstriders, for instance, and some higher res ones.

Maybe the Falcosaurus can be tameable as a Tallstrider?
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

CATS. I mean... there's the pandaria/WoD tigers, but the vanilla cat models (and their associated mount) are quite different... and currently ultra super blocky with really jagged lo-res textures. The small cats still have 'wedge' teeth too, where the transparency filter isn't working to make them look separate. (I've reported it so many times and still nothing.)

Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Kurasu »

Well, that's what I mean: Pandaria *has* some updated cat models, even if the 'old models' haven't gotten one. Tallstriders haven't had a single change since BC. *Or* any additions. We haven't had a single new Tallstrider since BC.... and even *it* is a reuse of an old model that was just given a coat of purple paint.
Pepsi Jedi
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Sha'Halo

Unread post by Pepsi Jedi »

I'd like to see some updates on the Lynx, and if nothing else some other colors. Just two colors? When was the last time they only put two colors in for a pet model?

pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

Pepsi Jedi wrote:I'd like to see some updates on the Lynx, and if nothing else some other colors. Just two colors? When was the last time they only put two colors in for a pet model?
Lynx, Wind Serpent, Dragonhawks and Tallstriders

They all deserve updated skin
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Has Blizzard addressed the 'ramping mobs' problem? Like, will there be pets you can never tame because they constantly remain one level too high? Or are the tamables all set to be same-level?

Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

pop wrote:
Pepsi Jedi wrote:I'd like to see some updates on the Lynx, and if nothing else some other colors. Just two colors? When was the last time they only put two colors in for a pet model?
Lynx, Wind Serpent, Dragonhawks and Tallstriders

They all deserve updated skin
^ This definitely.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Acadion
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Kirin'Tor

Unread post by Acadion »

I'm looking and looking but can't find those cool turtles anywhere? Where were they exactly?