Legion pet lists - UPDATED 20160514

For discussion of the next WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Shade
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Alliance: Garona; Horde: Nordrassil

Re: Legion pet lists

Unread post by Shade »

Thrilled to see the wolf colors and the new spirit beast.

That turtle is freaking amazing-I don't even really like turtles but I've already collected three on my main hunter and will have to get one of those too.

Speaking of my main hunter-I realm moved my old horde hunter from my main server to allow me to have all alliance on my main server and make my second server all horde. And well, she got a new name and really, really needs one of the mech rabbits to match her name. Has anyone seen a tameable version of this yet in the alpha yet, or is it gnome hunters only?
Garfurion

Unread post by Garfurion »

Wain wrote:Oh awesome! I was hoping that spirit moose would be added. I wonder if it's already in :)

And yay for third mechanowolf! I wonder if it's another tracking tame? If so, which zone this time? :D
I have the feeling it's another taming challenge and Muffinus wants us to go hunt for it

https://mobile.twitter.com/Muffinus/sta ... 4742292480
moonone
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Uldum

Unread post by moonone »

So exciting yet so daunting at the same time. We have one mech pet (Friended) and one spirit beast (bulvinkel) to discover!! Catch is - there is a whole lot of real-estate to cover and a whole lot of unknowns. It appears that Friended will use the same skin as the other two mech dogs - so different color probably. I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess he is also similarly tracked. So we are probably looking for a new set of tracks :|
Sounds like he is in game though going by the tweet from Mufinus. not sure what he is singing about and the emphasis on er - see tweet above that Garfurion posted. So sounds like this is discoverable as of now!!

Bulvinkel is I think a slightly bigger mystery. We have a model for a moose mount (archeology) already in the game files - not sure if someone came up with it and solved it yet though? So the Vinkel could certainly use this existing model - or not? That leaves us with - is he in game right now or to be added later???? Which leads us to if he/she is in game , is it
- a rare spawn like older SB's aka Loque
- tucked away in an off the path area
- a tracking tame , leaving hoof prints to follow
- spawned when attacking a mob ala fel wolf
- a mechanic similar to Gara with quests/ items
- a completely new mechanic (can only interact with moose when dead O.o, coaxing him out of the netherworld to tame)

oh yay - this should be fun. I loved all the suspense and shenanigans when the Gara hunt began in wod beta - lets see where this goes :D

all I can say right now is - I have looked in every zone for Bulvinkel so far. Been through a lot of Highmount especially. Think the next thing is to take a good look at areas where moose spawn and any npcs etc in those areas. I also just recently traversed almost all of Suramar outside of the city, have hardly looked around inside though. Certainly could have missed something - but I tried attacking all the rares and named mobs and so far nothing in that zone.

also remember to help out with scouring the broken isles - two handy things

A: collect the feathers in highmount to get the kite you can use for a glider - or any standard glider if you go the old route - helps a lot to get around!!

B:eagle eye macro - /cast !eagle eye
lets you keep hitting eagle eye so you can chain look around areas!

let's get this started!!!! happy hunting all

/hype
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Thanks for the Twitter link :) That confirms it's in the game at least. I've been keeping an eye out in other zones but so far no luck.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

And I've been watching for Bullvinkel too. It does seem most likely to be in Highmountain. I've even started on Archaeology just in case it spawns from digs. But so far all the nodes I've seen have only been demon ones in Storm. Not sure if that's coincidence or that's all that's been added so far.
Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Unread post by Xota »

In case Bulvinkel is like Gara, keep an eye out for unusual squirrels. And Boris and Natasha.
Arthur
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Staghelm and Azuremyst

Unread post by Arthur »

There's so much cool stuff. I'm really surprised about Tortos model pet. That's so neat

Imagemounts - pets - armoryImage

"If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor."

Divixon
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Frostmourne Alliance

Unread post by Divixon »

did i miss something that gnomes can be hunters???

and Sandreavers finaly can tame the boss!
pawprintedheart
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Stormrage, WrA

Unread post by pawprintedheart »

Love Bulvinkel!

Now that more of the Broken Isles is open in alpha... Has anyone seen the new legion saber wolves in the wild? The plain ones and possibly even the Hati-electric touched ones? (Yeah I know the second part is a long shot... But I hope someday we'll be able to tame the electric versions, or at least a color or two of them...cause I'd hate to lose that model after Legion when the next expat rolls out and the artifacts become useless). But more realistically, the plain light gray, blue eyed wolf?

And what about the three headed hydra-hounds? I'm still hoping they didn't make those colors and that model, just for one untameable elite -wistful hope-
moonone
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by moonone »

Sooooo

The swapper is working - and its dope!!

swapping process

its a rare blue item now.

So - you just click the item, no need to target anything. Once you click it - you'll turn toward the pet you have out and it will start the swap. Hati disappears and then new Hati appears with the appearance of your pet. No cooldown! You can switch to another pet if you like. Works great so far - there has been some size differences - like in the turtle shot - Hati is almost half my pets size :|
Not sure if the appearance goes away if Hati despawns.
Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Unread post by Xota »

moonone wrote:Sooooo

The swapper is working - and its dope!!

So - you just click the item, no need to target anything. Once you click it - you'll turn toward the pet you have out and it will start the swap. Hati disappears and then new Hati appears with the appearance of your pet. No cooldown! You can switch to another pet if you like. Works great so far - there has been some size differences - like in the turtle shot - Hati is almost half my pets size :|
Not sure if the appearance goes away if Hati despawns.
Excellent. Thanks for the update.
moonone
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by moonone »

The hydra guys are non-tamable from what I've seen so far. They are beast though and all that jazz so who knows...
that was in Eye dungeon.

So far Hati has kept his swapped image through everything I've thrown at him - :D

loving Legion so far - its so Immense!! I mean come on - there are underwater areas - even with you know who O.o

and still no sign of Bulvinkel - though the moose mount item was added in. Flavour text read something about the animal being his pet and mount - so hey , maybe you could spawn him when you complete the item - lol - who knows. I thought it would retain the animals name - can't remember but it wasn't anything like Bulvinkel, which to me seems to separate it from archy mount? And I have not foun any new opil puddles for Friended - or anything else of note - yet

although - the Worgen dude who was dancing or something in the order hall previous to this build is now an merchant npc /w repairs. He also sells play dead and fetch spells along with a toy. :D
Toy spawns a creature - how its worded - not sure if it will end up being a hunter toy that would spawn a pet from your stable or not? - so far its only spawned battle pets to follow me around - I can even battle them :|
Mehira
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Turalyon

Unread post by Mehira »

I don't know if anyone else has noticed this, but ran past Issac Blastimov and Bamm Megabomb with Rush out, and a little conversation popped up between my pet and Issac.

Pulled Treble out and nothing happened between them.
Attachments
WoWScrnShot_042816_005707.jpg
WoWScrnShot_042816_005707.jpg (331.18 KiB) Viewed 3070 times
Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Unread post by Rikaku »

Mehira wrote:I don't know if anyone else has noticed this, but ran past Issac Blastimov and Bamm Megabomb with Rush out, and a little conversation popped up between my pet and Issac.

Pulled Treble out and nothing happened between them.
That is really cool. I wasn't really intending to get a mech pet, but this neat little interaction won me over lol

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Some notes on tracking Treble in Highmountain.

I know he passes through part of Pinerock Basin (north of the river, where the moose are), heads directly west through the Mucksnout Den cave, coming out in Fields of An'she, by all the Bristlefur Bears. He does a minor diversion to the south, before heading a long way north through that area, past the friendly NPCs, into the middle / west section of Witchwood, through all the harpies and then into the Bloodhunt Highlands, where the Feltotem Tauren are.

From there he heads east to the Rockcrawler Chasm caves, and passes directly through, emerging at the north end of Darkfeather Valley. He heads down the west side of the valley for a bit, past the harpies. He then turns south-east and passes along a path just to the south of Skyhorn, close to wear some Tauren are flying kites by a bridge, before doubling back on the path.

I tamed him at that point. So I'm unsure if he heads south through Pinerock Basin and back to where I began this description, thus forming a circuit, or if he doubles back all the way he came.

One thing that will be useful in tracking, however. Most of our previous tracking tames have involved paw prints, which have an intuitive direction. These oil puddles do not. But they are asymmetrical and you can soon learn front from back:

The side with the deepest groove points approximately backwards. It's not always 100%, as the wandering mob tends to occasionally veer a little left or right, which can throw out the direction a bit.

I haven't confirmed that Rush's puddles point the same way.
Attachments
OilPuddleDirection.jpeg
OilPuddleDirection.jpeg (33.59 KiB) Viewed 3074 times
Pepsi Jedi
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Sha'Halo

Unread post by Pepsi Jedi »

Useful information to have, way to look out Wain!

Bambu
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Shu'halo/Eitrigg

Unread post by Bambu »

Good to know, Wain! Yeah, the puddles were much harder to track that the prints. Got lost a lot during my initial frantic search. >.<
Acadion
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Kirin'Tor

Unread post by Acadion »

Has anyone seen an ETA on fixing the Broken Isles pet health situation. Any pet from Pandaria down has the correct health pool, but the new pets from Broken Isles have at least 200K less health. Renders them almost unusable.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Acadion wrote:Has anyone seen an ETA on fixing the Broken Isles pet health situation. Any pet from Pandaria down has the correct health pool, but the new pets from Broken Isles have at least 200K less health. Renders them almost unusable.
No news yet :( I still use them but they're forever dying!
Aroim
Pet Finder

Unread post by Aroim »

Maia the White lvl 110 rar white Draenor Wolf
Attachments
WoWScrnShot_050116_115545.jpg
WoWScrnShot_050116_115545.jpg (409.61 KiB) Viewed 3070 times