Raid Boss Tameables in Legion

For discussion of the next WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.

Which would be the most desireable?

Thok
13%
Oondasta
36%
Ro'shak
No votes
Quet'zal
2%
Dam'ren
2%
Tortos
20%
Horridon
7%
Ji-Kun
9%
Garalon
5%
Iron Juggernaut
5%
Galleon
2%

Total votes: 56

erictks1
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Hydraxis

Re: Raid Boss Tameables in Legion

Unread post by erictks1 »

Junrei wrote:
erictks1 wrote:What about elegon as a mechanical pet.
Elegon seems more Spirit Beast since it's just a machine that powers him up. He himself is spectral.
He is clearly flag as Mechanical, he is just a robot created to protect the stuff . So technically he is not a dragon , just a robot looks like a dragon. So blizzard should have no reason say he is not tamable, I want that machine .... Lol
Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Unread post by Xota »

Flagged as mechanical doesn't mean the same thing as a mech beast. Elegon is not something a tinker could whip up. I am aware you want it as a pet, but a giant dragon made out of stars just does not seem like a reasonable expectation.
Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Unread post by Rikaku »

erictks1 wrote:
Junrei wrote:
erictks1 wrote:What about elegon as a mechanical pet.
Elegon seems more Spirit Beast since it's just a machine that powers him up. He himself is spectral.
He is clearly flag as Mechanical, he is just a robot created to protect the stuff . So technically he is not a dragon , just a robot looks like a dragon. So blizzard should have no reason say he is not tamable, I want that machine .... Lol
Like Xota said, Elegon is clearly not a mechanical in the typical sense. Elegon is definitely not a mech beast. If anything, he is the manifestation of energy from the engine of a titan artifact (Engine of Nalak'sha). I think Blizz just went with 'Mechanical' because there's no classification that he would otherwise fit in due to being akin to a Titan construct.

Don't get me wrong, I would love to tame him (or any other cloud serpent), but he wouldn't fit in a classification of Mechanical in my personal opinion.

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Celestial creatures probably do have more in common with spirit beasts than anything, in that they seem to be greater powers in animal form, but in this case directly created by Titan technology. But as a result maybe they should have their own category some day; they seem to be easy enough for the model artists to generate using an existing form and some stars along the frame. Either way, one that speaks and seems to have a mind of its own would probably not be a candidate.

There are some celestial arcane serpents in Ulduar that are purely statues but would be amazing if animated.

I also just changed my vote for this thread since Tortos's appearance is now available in the Broken Isles and is probably now my favourite tame from the place. A stone turtle and a fire turtle are two of the most amazing models we can tame, so when do we get the air and water turtles? ;) (ignoring the fact they're almost all water turtles... :P )
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Xota »

I just changed my vote from Tortos to Garalon. There's a lot of movement in that fight, so it could be a fun challenge, assuming he would need to be at low health (especially if the aoe damage goes through deterrence and slows the tame).

Also, kunchong!
13thmaiden
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by 13thmaiden »

KUNCHONGS FIRST!

And then maybe Iron Juggy.
Zulmalakhan
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Defias Brotherhood

Unread post by Zulmalakhan »

Give me mah giant zandalari devilsaur mon !!! :3
erictks1
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Hydraxis

Unread post by erictks1 »

What about Xuen the white tiger ? We can tame him in the time lost isle right
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

Xuen himself won't be tameable since he is a "Wild God" of Azeroth. Another npc using the skin, alongside the Niz and Chi, I thought would have made amazing spirit beasts and could have had such deep lore connections. Alas not mean to be! Guess we can't get all the shinies.
Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

I'd rather we don't tame gods. That'd be just silly and extremely lore breaking.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

It would be cool if a skin similar to Xuen's was used on a less-sentient creature for taming some day, similar to Loque'nahak being the mate of the god, Har'koa. But as others have said, they're highly unlikely to let us tame a sentient being and world power like Xuen. I think he'd be rather indignant about the whole thing ;)

If we do get a lookalike, I suspect it'll be a while off, though. It's still a pretty important signature look for Monks. I know we eventually got to tame a Shaman wolf lookalike, but it may take time before they consider doing that again.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

I went for Oond cause the armoured dinos (and armoured pets in general) have always appealed to me. My fav pet of WoD is the wolves from the iron front. Even if they let us tame the random ones on Thunder isle i'd be pretty happy :)

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Wain wrote:It would be cool if a skin similar to Xuen's was used on a less-sentient creature for taming some day, similar to Loque'nahak being the mate of the god, Har'koa. But as others have said, they're highly unlikely to let us tame a sentient being and world power like Xuen. I think he'd be rather indignant about the whole thing ;)

If we do get a lookalike, I suspect it'll be a while off, though. It's still a pretty important signature look for Monks. I know we eventually got to tame a Shaman wolf lookalike, but it may take time before they consider doing that again.
Yeah...that and the shaman wolf wasn't a god of any kind and the Xuen we see monks have is part of his power coming to aid them.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

I figure the ship has sailed for any lookalikes of the Pandaria celestials. Makes me sad though, I wanted a red crane lookalike!
Arthur
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Staghelm

Unread post by Arthur »

I'm okay with them staying un obtainable personally. They're gorgeous but they are, as stated, God creatures. They gave us mini pets of them, and I think that's all we'll be seeing of that as 'pets' go. I do love Xuen to bits, but I'll continue to admire him from afar <3

I still want to tame Thok though. :^( lol

Imagemounts - pets - armoryImage

"If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor."

Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Xota »

Wain wrote:It would be cool if a skin similar to Xuen's was used on a less-sentient creature for taming some day, similar to Loque'nahak being the mate of the god, Har'koa. But as others have said, they're highly unlikely to let us tame a sentient being and world power like Xuen. I think he'd be rather indignant about the whole thing ;)

It's not just Loque/Harkoa. There's also lesser versions of Tortolla. It's not too much of a stretch for there to be a ox or crane or stag that's been "looked upon" by Nuizoa, Chiji, or Malorne. But that's not the same as taming them during a boss fight. Unless during the boss fight, when you cast "tame beast" on chi-ji, it spawned a "scion of Chi-Ji" that you had to tame before the boss died or killed you.
PrimalTazza
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by PrimalTazza »

Yeah, taming beast-god-things and technomagical Titan serpent things are crossing the line.

*slowly pushes half-dragon core hound abomination, animate quilen statue, Loque'nahak, Chimaeron, super-mini t-rex, silithid colossi that may or may not be intelligent, and most spirit beasts in general into the closet*

Absolutely absurd.

Art of my character Tazza by Isei! http://isei-silva.tumblr.com

Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Xota »

PrimalTazza wrote:Yeah, taming beast-god-things and technomagical Titan serpent things are crossing the line.

*slowly pushes half-dragon core hound abomination, animate quilen statue, Loque'nahak, Chimaeron, super-mini t-rex, silithid colossi that may or may not be intelligent, and most spirit beasts in general into the closet*

Absolutely absurd.

I know you're being sarcastic, but yes. Taming a dragon made out of stars is crossing the line. As is taming a god directly.
zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

Xota wrote:
PrimalTazza wrote:Yeah, taming beast-god-things and technomagical Titan serpent things are crossing the line.

Absolutely absurd.

I know you're being sarcastic, but yes. Taming a dragon made out of stars is crossing the line. As is taming a god directly.
Elegon is not classified as a god or anything the like. It's a mechanical. So it being added to the list of mechanicals isn't exactly insulting any cloud serpent gods in my opinion. :) I wouldn't want to tame him though & I understand why others do want to tame him. Same with the Xuen model.
I do disagree with taming an actual God or Titan though. :)

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

So yeah, we can tame robots now...
  • TAME:

verb: tame; 3rd person present: tames; past tense: tamed; past participle: tamed; gerund or present participle: taming

domesticate (an animal).
    synonyms: domesticate, break, train, master, subdue, subjugate, bring to heel, enslave

So we can tame something made of metal, light globes and blinking lights, the size and shape of a bunny rabbit, and it's a hunter pet.

There are no more lines that can be crossed, any attempt to create a reason you or I may have had as to what is and isn't "Tameable", are now moot.

Oh I forgot to mention spiders that look like spiders are now demons and can't be tamed...
Well played Blizzard.

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­