More Stable slots

For discussion of the next WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
PorrasouxRex
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

More Stable slots

Unread post by PorrasouxRex »

Okay, I know what you're thinking. "My god, we already have tons and tons of slots. You're ridiculous for even suggesting that Blizzard give us any more. Taming a beast is no longer about a bond and is now already just collecting them all like Pokemon. I bet you don't even use half the pets in your stable anymore."

Yes, this brings up many good points. However, with legion coming soon, they introduced already so much to the expansion. They've gone above and beyond with hunter pets this time around, and I think hunters everywhere have petopia's community to thank for that. With that being said, I don't think I could let go of a new challenge tame/tracking tame in legion, or pets that I've grown fond of over the course of WoD. Also with that being said, I have so many wolves, hydras, and spirit beasts that I could never abandon.

Which brings me to my next suggestion: Instead of slots, we get slots within a family. For example, if you wanted, you could tame 30+ wolves, or all the spirit beasts. Probably not that insane of a number, but I feel like this solves a lot of the problems of stable slots. For any hunter who keeps track of tameables on petopia, you can easily fill up those stable slots with everything you think looks cool. It fills very quickly on a taming spree.

An example of this: I could never abandon my Spirit of Atha that I have had during Wotlk. It's the reason why I rushed to level 80 back then. On the other hand, I could never abandon Chimaeron as he is going to be harder and harder to tame as we get stronger every passing expansion. I could never abandon my Fel Wolf, because it felt rewarding soloing the Fel Hunter on my own when it was still a challenge, or abandoning Gara due to the story around her. I'd be a fool to even consider abandoning King Krush or Loque.

We have so many new toys in legion, with more probably on the way. Especially with mechs. So, would you propose more stable slots, or "family slots" with slots within' them? For example "Limit of Wolves: 19 out of 20"
"The arrogance of man is thinking that nature is in our control, and not the other way around."

Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Re: More Stable slots

Unread post by Castile »

There is defiantly alot of new things to tame and for the reasons you stated I too can't let go of some of my older much loved pets. I don't think it's too out there to ask for more slots or even family groups like you are suggesting.

It is kinda getting to be a pokemon exercise BUT we are hunters and some people choose to play this game from a collectors point of view be it battle pets, mounts or even tamable pet families. I think Blizzard would see this by now and will be thinking of such measures to keep everyone happy in the future.

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Phenias
Realm: Sisters of Elune

Unread post by Phenias »

In Guild Wars 1 there was an island where you could re-tame ranger pets that you had caught before (or even hatch them from items or purchase ones through reputation or their equivalent of "honor"), with the garrison style phasing technology this sort of thing could be doable in WoW. It would probably be far "easier" to add more stable slots, but there might be a tech limitation to it.
Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

I still say we have plenty. Currently, with all of my hunters, I still don't have half of their stables filled up.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

Lets say I have a holiday dinner every year. If I have more guests coming for 2016 than I did in 2015, it would be necessary to provide more chairs at the table. I see stable slots and the growing list of beast models and skins no different. I can't speak to the technical side of things, but I don't see an objectively negative gameplay impact to adding a couple or so an xpac to help keep up. Having unused stable slots takes nothing away from gameplay. Having more pets than slots does. One player can't say to another player "you objectively have too many pets", technical limitations aside.

That being said, I want the stable slots to be on one UI window.

However I have a feeling this is a similar to our item storage problem where more bags slots (or stable slots in this case) isn't the long term answer. Maybe we need a UI rethink and redo altogether.
Castile wrote:It is kinda getting to be a pokemon exercise BUT we are hunters and some people choose to play this game from a collectors point of view be it battle pets, mounts or even tamable pet families. I think Blizzard would see this by now and will be thinking of such measures to keep everyone happy in the future.
Another example: one of my hunters tames families of pets (father, mother etc). You can imagine how quickly that eats up slots.
zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

I have A LOT of hunters :oops: And will be getting one more come Legion. ;) However not one of my girls' stables are anywhere near full. So there is no need for more slots for me.
I do feel more at this pong thought is too much in the current stable system we have.

I would love to see a hunter pet system be a tab like mounts and battle pets are. You'd still maintain your five active slots but have the ability to access your full stable and change them out at will while not in combat. Forgive me but I don't remember who originally came up with this idea but it's a good one.
Or a UI like the HUNTER PETS addon.

I think an actual tab will solve the issue of "MUST COLLECT ALL THE CREATURES!!!" for those who like to collect while having an updated interface. I wouldn't think it would be hard to create. The only hiccup I think that would come out of it would be with talents like Stampede.

Just my 2 cents

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Unread post by Xota »

Full access to your stable when out of combat used to be an actual spell that we had during WotLK.
A pet tab would make me nervous about losing special appearance pets. Or not being able to have two identical pets.
Keeping the stable interface as it is would allow blizzard to set abilities like dire beast or stampede to draw from the first page, instead of the entire stable.
Karathyriel
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Not playing anymore.

Unread post by Karathyriel »

I think, the best solution for hunter pets would be the same as for Transmog 2.0

As soon as you've tamed a certain pet, it unlocks this model and skin and can then be spawned whenever wanted.
That would give pet collectors all the room they want and would leave hunters with the decision how many pets are needed.
zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

That's a great idea too Bhando. :D

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Bhando, you're a genius and I hope we get something like that. Hgnh.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

Bhando wrote:I think, the best solution for hunter pets would be the same as for Transmog 2.0

As soon as you've tamed a certain pet, it unlocks this model and skin and can then be spawned whenever wanted.
That would give pet collectors all the room they want and would leave hunters with the decision how many pets are needed.
I like it too. The only reservation I have is mainly from how GW2 handled it, only being able to have names on 2 pets at a time. If they could do a "collection" UI and keep the names on each tame, I'd be all for it. May not even be an issue in WoW.
Makoes
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

Why not a UI like the battle pets then?

Multiples of the same "skin" and different names allowed.

Though personally, I am perfectly content with the 55 slots we have...

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?