Legion pet lists - UPDATED 20160514

For discussion of the next WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Re: Legion pet lists - UPDATED 20160514

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

Wain can do the best "Oh wow, what a neat find, I'd never have expected that!" face... eva :lol:

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

SpiritBinder wrote:Wain can do the best "Oh wow, what a neat find, I'd never have expected that!" face... eva :lol:
:P :P :P :P How about that? :)
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

SpiritBinder wrote:Wain can do the best "Oh wow, what a neat find, I'd never have expected that!" face... eva :lol:
I don't envy him, to be honest. New finds and he's just here like: "Ah, wooow, cool. I definitely didn't expect that."

I definitely appreciate it though.
Wain wrote:Thok is definitely intentional. So don't worry :)
Ah, that's nice.

Thanks for the heads up, Wain.
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Loads of things show up that I don't know about. Some that I do :)
zedxrgal
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

Wain - On petopia twitter you mention Oondasta not being tamable. Are any of the beast world bosses tamable?

I suspect none of them ever would be because of their world boss status and mechanics just to fight them.

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

NazzyDragon
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Emerald Dream (US)

Unread post by NazzyDragon »

We want Oondasta. ; ;

Not going to lie, I'd use her on one hunter. Hell, put a rare spawn on Isle of Giants that looks like Oon... even if we can't tame Oon. Or make it non-rare, but a scaling challenge tame.. even better.

(Click image for Hunter!)
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Guh, I would love for the armored devilsaurs and direhorns to have a chance at being tameable now. ♥ ♥ They're such gorgeous models, especially the Oondasta armor. Please, whoever's out there listening. ;-;
Tilo
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Stormrage, Cenarius, & Ysera-US

Unread post by Tilo »

Oh I hope Thok isn't a color changer I don't like pets that randomly change colors upon summon. Wonderful find.
♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪
Signature Kamoodle []
Albain
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Albain »

I think I just spotted an orc in Orgrimmar with a GHOST. MOOSE. Bulvinkel?? But the servers are shutting down and I can't find him again to verify and arrgghh.
Acadion
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Kirin'Tor

Unread post by Acadion »

Kinda turning into a hunters paradise. Wish the owlcats were tamable, but you know what, A Dino and a Mana Turtle really make my day.
zedxrgal

WoWHead shows BULVINKEL as a tamable spirit beast!!
However:
Bulvinkel
The location of this NPC is unknown.

So someone may have located him.

TO THE BETA WITH YOU MY FELLOW PETOPIANS.

When servers come up that is. :?

I would be ecstatic if they made a copy of Oondasta and Galleon for taming.

I too wish for more armored dinos to be tamable.

Tilo wrote:Oh I hope Thok isn't a color changer I don't like pets that randomly change colors upon summon. Wonderful find.

I guess Thok spawns in more than color (I've only ever seen him in black) but he doesn't color change. He is only black post tame. At least that's what has been reported.

Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

From the testing I did on Thok, he will not keep any of his other colors post tame. Changes back to black.
Jangalian
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Jangalian »

The white Gleamhoof stags in Val'sharah get the new upright model like all the other stags, but keep their swirled coat.

Attachments
WoWScrnShot_052716_191859.jpg
WoWScrnShot_052716_191859.jpg (336.1 KiB) Viewed 2710 times
( •_•) Many whelps!
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■) Handle it.
moonone
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Uldum

Unread post by moonone »

Red Bone Spider ? - found in bottom of Kobold Cave (Mucksnout Den) near Nesingwary camp (across stream). Can fall down and use disengage to not die - there are items to teleport you out. lvl 110 tameable.

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I think the bone spiders there are just a normal colour. They're used in a few places in the isles. They seem to be the go-to spider model these last 4 xpacs. I guess they are the newest regular one, aside from the new model which has been assigned only to demons.

As for the stag, it seems odd that they went to the trouble of making a new model when it looks almost exactly like the Pandaren one but for some new skins that are the same as the Pandaren ones with the patterns removed. I can only think they intended to do more and ran out of time, or that there's something important but invisible in the new model. Either way they seem to have still used a lot of Pandaren stags in place of the new model. So I don't know what's going on there.

And I can't think of any tameable world bosses either. But then I can't think of any others that would have been candidates for taming. They haven't usually been regular beasts. If Oon had a 15 min spawn timer I don't think there'd be much issue, though, but I don't know that they'd set her tameable even if that was the case. So far they are being a lot more conservative with the things they set tameable in this expansion. Previously a lot of quest mobs and rares were, in fact pretty much anything where the mechanics didn't conflict. But they seem to have changed their minds on that. So far, anyway.
Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Unread post by Xota »

Omen has a look-a-like that's tameable, but he's not tameable himself. There may be some server side mechanics that make the MoP world bosses poor candidates for taming (or maybe not). But the long spawn timers on Galleon and Oondasta would make it pretty impractical for players. Taming the Celestial themselves on timeless isle, as noted elsewhere, would be weird™. There is a near look-a-like for Oondasta. The Defiant Devilsaur on Isle of Thunder has slightly recolored armor, but it's an unusual quest objective npc, and players can't engage it like normal mobs.

Thok makes a wonderful electrified pet. If I were designing his tame, I'd make him keep the color of the phase he was tamed during (black, green, blue, red), and I'd make each of the colors have a different level of challenge required. Even without all that, though, I can't wait to get him.
Jangalian
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Jangalian »

Yeah about the stags, I just picked that up as soon as I landed in Val. Biggest thing that put me off of the white panda stag was the weird way they drooped their heads, so this is pretty nice.
( •_•) Many whelps!
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■) Handle it.
zedxrgal

Xota wrote:The Defiant Devilsaur on Isle of Thunder has slightly recolored armor, but it's an unusual quest objective npc, and players can't engage it like normal mobs.
I forgot all about this beastie. It certainly has great potential to be a trick tame given its mechanics already in game. It fears everything if you kill the controllers and maybe like the fel wolf you have to have a certain item to calm it for the tame.

Ugh. So many possibilities. :lol: Using it's current mechanics would make it easier then redoing Oondasta's for taming & shortening her spawn timer or creating another copy of her I'd think.

We could always hope

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

The Defiant Devilsaur and Direhorn seem to appear on alternating days but neither is attackable (even after they're released and rampage), unfortunately.
Fang

Unread post by Fang »

Does anyone think Ogdrul<the seeker> has anything to do with Bulvinkel? I haven't figured out how to free him but maybe that is why we haven't seen Bulvinkel in the wild?