Legion pet lists - UPDATED 20160514

For discussion of the next WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Re: Legion pet lists - UPDATED 20160514

Unread post by Valnaaros »

They could've, but that is something we can't verify till later in the Beta (If they increase it to the actual spawn timer during testing at all), or when Legion goes Live.
Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

Don't mean to seem entitled, but I really miss when Spirit Beasts weren't just transparent blue versions of regular creatures.

For all of one or two Spirit Beasts. Well, I guess you could technically include Gara there.
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Unread post by Rikaku »

Dewclaw wrote:Are we sure they haven't shortened spawn timers just for the testing purposes?

It's a possibility, but I sincerely doubt this is the case. There are many many other things on the beta that have very long respawn rates (like that Lowland Manashell/Tortos-looking turtle). I'm not sure why Bulvinkel would have such a 'fast' respawn rate, compared to those.

moonone
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Uldum

Unread post by moonone »

Timer is certainly shorter than longer for now. He is a hostile rare - level scaling mob. Doesn't seem to have any special abilities - normal moose moves like charging you.

Go towards Halls of Valor - and when your on the bridge look to the right. You can see an area of land that leads upwards. Jump disengage or glide on over to that area. Make your way up to the top - and then look down on other side. There will be two areas with goats that you can drop down onto. The first area is a pretty small drop down - make your way down to next edge. Looking down to the next area you can see you'll have to use a glider or disengage again to not take too much fall damage.

Bulvinkel is here on this ledge roaming around. You'll know your in the right spot when you see him there :/ - but if he isn't there - there are also a bunch of squirrels :D
They are everywhere - so yeah - what's up Rocky. Uhm yeah - like all the rocks around here too. GG Blizz.
There is also a small village right under this ledge area.

Hope this helps with narrowing down location. You can see cords also on my screenshot (minimap)

Doesn't have a strong mist effect - and he seems extra translucent.

zedxrgal
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

It's probably just me but his head & legs being a different color than his body and almost skeletal like really creep me out.
So much I'll never tame him.
Such a shame they made him transparent in my opinion

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by Rikaku »

zedxrgal wrote: It's probably just me but his head & legs being a different color than his body and almost skeletal like really creep me out.
So much I'll never tame him.
Such a shame they made him transparent in my opinion
It's a color scheme that seems common on at least half the moose in Legion. While some, like the Black Moose (Morashu) & White Moose (Majestic Elderhorn) don't have as noticeable coloring change around their legs and face, it's very noticable on the colors like the regular Brown Moose or on the "Albino" Moose (Cursed Elderhorn).

I wish he hadn't been transparent either, but at least he's not as transparent as Gondria and the other Saber-cat ghosty spirit beasts. Those ones really irk me @_@

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

I'm surprised Bulvinkel isn't hard to get. Long spawn timer or some special mechanic involved.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Ah well, I think he's gorgeous :). And extra glowy!
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

As do I :D
Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by Rikaku »

Oh don't get me wrong, I still really do like him (and I will definitely be taming him live), I just have a preference for the non-transparent spirit beasts (Loque, Skoll, Gara, etc).

If he isn't harder to tame, that's pretty nice. I thought for sure he'd be tricky! But now it makes me wonder...

Just what is that cave behind the Hunter Lodge really for then o_O? a new mystery!

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

I think it might be for one of the MM artifact skins. On his back is a bow that looks just like Rhok'delar, and one of the MM artifact skins is an updated version of Rhok'delar.
zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

Sorry I was mobile and having issues with posting so I'll finish what I was trying to say. :oops: I was not trying to be a Debbie Downer regarding Bulvinkel. I love that he's a SB. He doesn't look as bad now that I'm on my laptop looking at him than when I was on my phone. However I still wish that he wasn't transparent. I never kept Gondria or any of the transparent SB's (except Arcturis) because the whole seeing their eyes through their butts really bothered me. So I'll reserve judgement till I see him in game. :)

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by Rikaku »

zedxrgal wrote:Sorry I was mobile and having issues with posting so I'll finish what I was trying to say. :oops: I was not trying to be a Debbie Downer regarding Bulvinkel. I love that he's a SB. He doesn't look as bad now that I'm on my laptop looking at him than when I was on my phone. However I still wish that he wasn't transparent. I never kept Gondria or any of the transparent SB's (except Arcturis) because the whole seeing their eyes through their butts really bothered me. So I'll reserve judgement till I see him in game. :)
I don't think it's being a 'Debbie Downer' at all :D It's perfectly okay to want different things on different pets! I'm sorry if that's how my post/reply came across! I only meant to add to give a bit of my opinion on why Bulvinkle had that particular 'look'.

And OMG FINALLY, I FOUND A KINDRED SPIRIT! The seeing the "eyes through their butts" is the exact description I gave to my guildies about why I didn't like those spirit beasts XD I'm so glad I'm not alone!! *hi five*

Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

He's very pretty, but I admit I was hoping there might be some extra flair to him rather than just a basic transparency effect. Oh well! I'm still thrilled we finally get a new Spirit Beast that isn't a cat or a wolf. :P We need more unique animal SBs!
Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Unread post by Xota »

I'm disappointed with transparent spirit beasts too. At least that type of transparency. The non-red ones look especially poor when in bestial wrath. Instead of looking more dangerous, they turn near invisible. But the non-culled polygons annoy me the most of that transparency method. It's like it was an incomplete section of graphics code that's had a /*FIX THIS*/ comment in it for 12 years.

This type of transparency would be a nice change:
Or the ghost-transparency that the Disembodied Jormungar has.

Or any opaque moose with the Grove Warden's antler swirls.
Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Unread post by Kurasu »

Actually, I have to say, I actually find the transparency on that Archaeology moose to be downright creepy. I vastly prefer the 'spirit-y' look of Bulvinkel to that one in appearance.

I would like to see some variety in Spirit Beast appearances, admittedly. Although the fact that they are so many different types of creature makes me very happy.
Come see Kurasu's stables!
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

I would take variety of creatures over variety of appearances :)
Acadion
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Kirin'Tor

Unread post by Acadion »

Hey thank you Rikaku for your help with MrSpirtMoose! I was able to nab him after a lady goblin did. Oddly didn't take long to respawn at all....

Twistedklown
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Kargath

Unread post by Twistedklown »

The white sentinel owl model Spellwing Strix is now flagged as tameable.
I couldn't tame it since I was only 107 and it's 110.
Fear. Fear attracts the fearful. The strong. The weak. The innocent. The corrupt. Fear. Fear is my ally.
Twistedklown
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Kargath

Unread post by Twistedklown »

I also noticed Baconlisk wasn't in his cave. Was he removed or did they put a longer spawn timer on him? When I tamed him before, he respawned in a minute or so.
Fear. Fear attracts the fearful. The strong. The weak. The innocent. The corrupt. Fear. Fear is my ally.