Fun things I've noticed during the pre-patch!

For discussion of the next WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Evandelle
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Blackwater Raiders (Alliance), Perenolde (Horde)

Fun things I've noticed during the pre-patch!

Unread post by Evandelle »

So this is more of a personal list than an informative one, but feel free to chime in things you've seen/experienced too!

Survival Hunters:
-This spec is never something I saw myself playing, because of it being a melee spec now and I've never been a huge fan of melee. However, on a whim, I picked it for my Tauren huntress and I'm actually having a strange amount of fun with it! Getting Harpoon at I think it was level 22, solidified it for me. I ended up giving it to my Orc huntress as well.

New Models:
-Now it was made pretty clear to everyone that both kodos and bears got a new remodel, but as I've been questing with my new Gnome huntress, I've noticed a lot of other things got a newer "HD" model. These may totally be old news, but they are definitely new to me! This is the list I've noticed so far, as I've explored/quested.

~Murlocs
~Naga (Male & Female)
~Human tents (the specific ones I'm talking about are in Northern Stranglethorn around Kurzen's Compound)
~Rabbits and rats (companion pets and critters)
~Blind Mary, the ghost in the house in Tranquil Gardens Cemetery in Duskwood. She used to look like this wraith thing and now she looks awesome and scary. It was around the time of finding her that I thought to make this list! If you haven't seen her yourself, you should definitely check it out!

I think that's it for now, but I just felt like sharing. I kind of like the new model additions. I am partial to some of the old bear models, but I feel like overall, they are a welcome change. If I find anymore, I will update!

Bugs:
-When I level up, my health bar increases as normal and the bar fills back up to max, however my hunter pets always need to be healed right after I level.

So what about you guys? Have you seen anything get a model upgrade? Have you seen/witnessed/played anything surprising?

*EDIT* :: Just discovered that as a hunter, if your pet kills something and you don't hit it at all, you still get credit. This is a VERY welcome change for me, as someone who has lost boss loot on old dungeons, because I wasn't paying attention and my level 100 pet would one-shot it before I got close!
Last edited by Evandelle on Sat Jul 23, 2016 3:23 am, edited 3 times in total.
Many thank you's to Siliverin for the best siggy ever, and also hugs and love to kamoodle5 for my most amazazing avatar. <3
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Re: Fun things I've noticed during the pre-patch!

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Aye, those models were made known quite a while back on various websites (Petopia, Mmo-c, Wowhead, etc). But still, I'm sure it was fun for you to discover them :D
Evandelle
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Aw that's what I figured! Ah well! :D And yeah it's been a lot of fun!
Many thank you's to Siliverin for the best siggy ever, and also hugs and love to kamoodle5 for my most amazazing avatar. <3
Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade, Frostwolf, Proudmoore

Unread post by Lupen202 »

Remember that up to five people can tag & loot a mob now... So say one person gets all the crystals for Alani and makes a group of five. All five people can loot the mount.

Tested today with garn and can confirm. First five to tag in the raid of 10 got mounts.

So... assume it applies, scarily enough, to time-lost, poseidus and aeonaxx as well.

Neiara - NE Hunter - Burning Blade (US) - Denial of Service

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Evandelle
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Yeah! This is interesting, not to mention helpful. Seems like more realms were put together, because there have been so many people doing quests all at the same time and "kill-stealing" seems to be a thing of the past. I'm glad for the change for sure!
Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Banshees got a new model too. Noticed it in naxx and they scare the poop outta me now. XD

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine