I can't focus on work.

For discussion of the next WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Carnacki
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Dragonblight US

I can't focus on work.

Unread post by Carnacki »

I keep thinking about hunters and warlocks and fighting demons with my pet Robo-Squirrel.

The last time I was this excited about a WoW expansion was WotLK.

I'm all jittery, but that might be from caffeine.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Re: I can't focus on work.

Unread post by Valnaaros »

You're not the only one. There are many, many people that have compared Legion to Wrath. :)
zedxrgal
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

Nothing compares to Wrath. NOTHING I TELLS YAH. :lol: :hug:

I'm not excited. Yet. I am however hopeful and enthusiastic.

But I will say. Mucking around in the beta is the ONLY thing keeping me hopeful /enthusiastic about Legion. I'm also excited for those who are excited. I feed off other's excitement.

Hhhmmmm that sounds creepy. :lol:

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Carnacki
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

WotLK is the only expansion with a soundtrack that I still listen to regularly. Tbh I've not spent much time in Legion's new zones. I've spent my time in Alpha/Beta doing the DH starting zone and testing out builds on multiple classes. I'm saving the Broken Shores for launch day.
Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Unread post by Sukurachi »

It's strange, I'm the complete opposite.
I can't concentrate on the game at all now. All I can think about is my work.
I decided to take a break from work (I work from my home studio) and play some WoW, and the game pi$$ed me off so much that I just kept thinking back to my work.

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Carnacki
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

What made you angry about it?
sasrei7
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by sasrei7 »

I like the pets, not so much the class changes, at least not yet. BM feels so unfinished and strange.. changing cobra shot was not a good idea as I'm so used to using it to regen focus I keep using it forgetting it takes focus instead lol I also hate the garrison changes.. it was great for making gold, now it's pretty much pointless and obsolete.
Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Unread post by Sukurachi »

sasrei7 wrote:I like the pets, not so much the class changes, at least not yet. BM feels so unfinished and strange.. changing cobra shot was not a good idea as I'm so used to using it to regen focus I keep using it forgetting it takes focus instead lol I also hate the garrison changes.. it was great for making gold, now it's pretty much pointless and obsolete.
all of the above, and more.

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Teigan
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

Sukurachi wrote:
sasrei7 wrote:I like the pets, not so much the class changes, at least not yet. BM feels so unfinished and strange.. changing cobra shot was not a good idea as I'm so used to using it to regen focus I keep using it forgetting it takes focus instead lol I also hate the garrison changes.. it was great for making gold, now it's pretty much pointless and obsolete.
all of the above, and more.
That.
zedxrgal

sasrei7 wrote:changing cobra shot was not a good idea as I'm so used to using it to regen focus I keep using it forgetting it takes focus instead.
Of all the BM changes ^^^this^^^ has been the hardest for me to get used to. It costs a lot of focus too if you use it in error now which ruins what wee rotation we have. Which is why I am hopeful. I am so hoping SOMETHING will change to make it better come Legion. I shan't be giving up till then.

Carnacki
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

But that's more of a muscle memory change, no? It's ingrained in us to use it (which I still mess up on) but after we use it for awhile, it'll become easier.
zedxrgal

You're very correct it is. :oops: Usually I am quick to adapt but playing close to the same rotations for years and years my poor finger seem to have a mind of their own and hit that key. Stubborn fingers. :lol:

Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Carnacki wrote:But that's more of a muscle memory change, no? It's ingrained in us to use it (which I still mess up on) but after we use it for awhile, it'll become easier.
Agreed. It just takes time to get used to the change done to it (or any spell). Instead of hoping for change that may never happen, it is just best to get used to how it is now.
Carnacki
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Which is why I'm glad we have the prepatch. It gives me time to familiarize myself with the class before moving into Legion itself.
Xella
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Skywall-US

Unread post by Xella »

I just moved Cobra to Arcane's old place on my BM bars since arcane doesn't exist anymore; cobra's just a reskinned, slightly more expensive arcane shot nowadays anyway, and that's seemed to work out okay. If it still had a cast time it'd be different. I mean, that said I put Dire Beast in cobra's old spot and I keep trying to spam it on the old cast time so there's still some muscle memory to overcome, but it's a lot less than otherwise, haha.
Current main: Xella-Skywall | Art Stuffs | Brains.
Teigan
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

It's not a matter of muscle memory for me, or of mixing up my shots (tho I do think called a dog a cat is as daft as calling the new cobra shot cobra shot, cause it ain't). It's a matter of .....oh it's all been said *sigh*
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

Xella wrote:I just moved Cobra to Arcane's old place on my BM bars since arcane doesn't exist anymore; cobra's just a reskinned, slightly more expensive arcane shot nowadays anyway, and that's seemed to work out okay. If it still had a cast time it'd be different. I mean, that said I put Dire Beast in cobra's old spot and I keep trying to spam it on the old cast time so there's still some muscle memory to overcome, but it's a lot less than otherwise, haha.
I did THE EXACT.SAME.THING. Down to trying to spam dire beast.
cerpin
Realm: moonguard

Unread post by cerpin »

I feel the same way. I'm super hyped for Legion! I work overnights, which are really slow, so I find myself looking up vids about it on youtube and stuff to occupy my time.

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Helsinki
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Dalaran - US

Unread post by Helsinki »

zedxrgal wrote:You're very correct it is. :oops: Usually I am quick to adapt but playing close to the same rotations for years and years my poor finger seem to have a mind of their own and hit that key. Stubborn fingers. :lol:
I moved cobra shot to the bind I had for arcane shot, and dire beast to the bind I had for original cobra. This helped a lot. I still try to spam cobra to build focus because of muscle memory/habit, but this ensures that I always hit dire beast on cool down. So it works out.

Edit: just noticed someone else wrote the exact same thing haha.
Sarynotsorry - Dalaran
Helgada - Nesingwary
Sigrah
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Area 52

Unread post by Sigrah »

I can't wrap my head around Beast Mastery or Marksmanship right now. Survival, on the other hand, I'm excelling at and thoroughly enjoying.

As for the garrison gold farming being nerfed, it really needed to happen. I know it's controversial and a bit unpopular, but for alt-o-holics like me, I was literally making 35k to 70k gold a week just for logging each toon in twice a day on most days and sending a bunch of followers with the "Treasure Hunter" trait out to fetch me gold, not to mention the other missions that could be lucrative on top of all that.

Besides, there's still plenty of gold to be made with garrisons atm, you just need to know what to buy with resources and/or what to make with the professions your toons have. Regardless, garrisons becoming obsolete isn't the worst thing. Most things from a given expansion become obsolete when the next one hits anyways.