Exotic pets withdrawal

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Teigan
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Exotic pets withdrawal

Unread post by Teigan »

I made the decision to go with survival to survive all this. This means putting my beloved exotics away, possibly for a very long time. I don't know what to do with myself now.

For my dwarf...

There is no replacement for Pepper (who went from Image to Image) but I might try one of these raptors Image or Image. The other exotics close to her heart were Skoll aka Starjumper Image, Loque aka Roshanara Image, the bronze quilen Liren Image and the green silithid aka Havoc Image

For Skoll, I might tame a "fake Skoll" Image or a runedog Image Image. Loque is harder to fill in for. When I get to the Broken Isles, I might tame a nightsaber Image or Image, tho I might want that for my night elf and don't want to replicate looks. Plus the light one is not till 110. There's really not much for Loque replacement :( What do you think the best quilen stand in is? They're like cat-bear-dog things to me, so maybe one of those? The green silithid could be made up for with a Draenor ravager but I'm not sure which one Image or Image or Image or Image???

I also need to address the Quilen Army. I have one of each quilen. I know; I have a problem. Is there a 12 step program for quilen? XD Should I release all but my favorite? I spent forever picking their names out from Chinese name syllables, too. *sigh*

So, my night elf has had Loque'nahak as her main pet and best friend for a very long time. Loque's name is Ocha, for the record as was the cat who preceded her. At level 10, she tamed the spotted saber Image in Teldrassil and when she got to Northrend, the saber "turned into" Loque Image The white Image or black Image nightsaber is the closest in feel to Loque, but I can't get the white till max level. So I'm considering the old sabers in the meantime, even tho they are boxy and not really to my taste anymore. I could go with pure white Image, seeing as the end goal is a solid color cat (hey, IRL some solid color animals are born patchy/spotty and grow into solid color coats!) or go back to Duskstalker, the original Ocha

I also need Gara Image, Karoma Image, Ban'thalos Image, Ghostcrawler Image :/

I suppose there could be Image for Ban'thalos, Image or Image or Image for Gara, Image or Image for Karoma and either Image Image or Image for Ghostcrawler.

Sooo...thoughts? Suggestions?

Are any of you planning on trying to replace exotics if you go survival?
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Re: Exotic pets withdrawal

Unread post by Quiv »

What an interesting concept. I've never thought of exotic subs. Have to give this a think.
zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

My alliance main is in somewhat of the same position. Her stable is 95% exotics. :|
She isn't replacing them. Period. :lol: I love them to much and am way to attached to just shelve them in the stable to get spoiled and lazy.
For them, I am sticking it out with BM & switching to SV off and on using my non exotics.
To me my exotics are worth suffering for to keep them by my side.
But.
What does your dwarf /Nelf look like???
I could give ideas upon seeing them if you'd like?

Special note: Regarding Quilen.
If you have the Terracotta Defender Image DO NOT RELEASE IT if you've completed the quest line in Kun-Lai. The statues don't activate from what I know after you complete the quest & the area phases.

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Or you can queue up for the Crypt of Forgotten Kings scenario and tame the Quilen Statue in there :)
Teigan

Unread post by Teigan »

Ok, here's my dwarf and night elf

Their mog sets are subject to change.

And yeah, I know what you mean about not stabling them. It was hard to do that. But I also kinda feel like they shouldn't suffer thru what's coming. Not an easy choice either way. And the replacements could never really replace them. It's just something similar-ish that I can keep with me. Sort of an alternate form :)
Attachments
hunters.jpg
hunters.jpg (290.24 KiB) Viewed 2893 times
zedxrgal

I'm still at work and it's going to take some serious time to put something together. :lol: Please stay tuned.

Joonces
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Earthen Ring

Unread post by Joonces »

For Gara -- what about the green (Fel Wolf) version in Tanaan? Could RP that her color was changed while questing there or something.

http://eyesofthebeast.com/2015/06/how-t ... an-jungle/
zedxrgal

Let's see if I cannot get this done.

Dwarf:

Pepper - ImageImage Not a "reptile" but ImageImage
Starjumper - ImageImageImage
Roshanara - ImageImageImage
Liren - ImageImageImage
Havoc - ImageImageImage OR if you want something a little different. Image

Nelf:
Ocha - ImageImageImage

The remaining pets for her I think you should choose between what you've already listed. Those are excellent matching choices.

Although for Ban maybe this old fellow? Image

Teigan

Unread post by Teigan »

zedxrgal wrote:Let's see if I cannot get this done.

Dwarf:

Pepper - ImageImage Not a "reptile" but ImageImage
Starjumper - ImageImageImage
Roshanara - ImageImageImage
Liren - ImageImageImage
Havoc - ImageImageImage OR if you want something a little different. Image

Nelf:
Ocha - ImageImageImage

The remaining pets for her I think you should choose between what you've already listed. Those are excellent matching choices.

Although for Ban maybe this old fellow? Image
That was very kind of you to put together so many suggestions. I really do appreciate that. Thank you :)
I really like what you came up with. I think I will try out most, if not all, to see how they feel. Well, obviously not the Legion ones yet, but ya know. Thanks for thinking outside the box on Pepper. I didn't think about the birds, but they make sense. The flying version does stay quite huge when tamed, especially with a dwarf and the ground version has a sort of dinosaur feel without being a raptor. Nothing wrong with raptors though. It's just a unique sort of creature.

Joonces wrote:For Gara -- what about the green (Fel Wolf) version in Tanaan? Could RP that her color was changed while questing there or something.

http://eyesofthebeast.com/2015/06/how-t ... an-jungle/
It's a good thought. I'll consider it :)
Sigrah
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Area 52

Unread post by Sigrah »

Teigan wrote:I made the decision to go with survival to survive all this. This means putting my beloved exotics away, possibly for a very long time. I don't know what to do with myself now.

Sooo...thoughts? Suggestions?

Are any of you planning on trying to replace exotics if you go survival?
Already gone Survival, but no way in hell I'm ditching any of my spirit beasts or other rare exotics. Unless they add another 10 stable slots, I have some extremely difficult cuts to make to find room for the 5 mechanical pets I want, along with a spirit moose, greater mana wyrm, and a couple mana sabers.
Teigan

Unread post by Teigan »

Oh, I didn't mean release. What I mean is that I'm trying to make stand-in pets for the exotics that have to stay stabled. Not released. I'll have, for example, two pets named Ocha....one, a cat, for SV. The other, Loque, for when/if BM becomes decent again. I'll probably even tame the new spirit beasts, even if I don't use them :)
It essentially doubles my stable load, but to me it makes sense and is worth doing.
Zebab

Unread post by Zebab »

I can't replace my old buddy Skoll (or as I named him when I was younger 'Zappylicks') Image for when I switch to marksman/survival. We've been through far too much together from slaying the Lich King to crushing Archimonde, I might suffer through playing BM now and again just to adventure with my old pal again. But in the mean time I'm gonna use Image who I've appropriately named GulDog, I worked hard to solo the boss that gives you this pet so I'm sure as hell gonna use it. I might also use a direhorn as they are quite difficult to obtain too, but I've always used wolves as my pets so it'd feel a bit weird.
Tsiya
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary

Unread post by Tsiya »

<3 Teegs! I actually got rid of 3 of my quilin, leaving me with 6, but meleeing with Tsi just felt wrong. So, I used my legion boost to make a survival hunter. It really makes you appreciate the time and effort you've put into your stables, having to fill another hunters. I fell in love with the new wolves in beta, so I'm going with one of those to replace the quilin portion of my heart. I think a ghost saber would be a decent replacement for Loque, I didn't care for the new nightsaber look but it might grow on me. The silver crab would work as GC, and you can give it a shiv, so win-win. I'm going to take Tsi survival after I hit 110 and get the artie stuff I really need done, but she's always had more regular pets than exotics anyway. I do plan on transforming Hati into Typetwo!

My pets - My companions

Sig by Sookie!