Mounts in Legion

For discussion of the next WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Re: Mounts in Legion

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

My main hunter is LW so that's cool. I like the tan wolf a ton, it just sucks that it's LW-/required/ not just LW to make.

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

The Heavenly Jade Cloud Serpent was deleted from the database entire in this new build. It had actually been there a very long time, but after a recent minor data change people started to notice it and comment. I guess that drew it to the attention of someone, who "cleaned it up". At least that answers our question about whether it really is becoming available.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

I would be kinda surprised if it did become available, seeing as it looks exactly like Yu'lon.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

Not surprising to me, but it is a shame to lose a lovely variation. Alas!
Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade, Frostwolf, Proudmoore

Unread post by Lupen202 »

Wain wrote:The Heavenly Jade Cloud Serpent was deleted from the database entire in this new build. It had actually been there a very long time, but after a recent minor data change people started to notice it and comment. I guess that drew it to the attention of someone, who "cleaned it up". At least that answers our question about whether it really is becoming available.
:(

Blizzard once again crushing my dreams. Was really hoping that'd be the MoP timewalking reward. I don't see why it looking like Yulon would be so bad; it's an old expansion and while she is a god, we've had other mounts like the Handmaiden that may not have the exact same model, but have the likeness of an important aspect/character.
Last edited by Lupen202 on Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Neiara - NE Hunter - Burning Blade (US) - Denial of Service

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

If it's ever made available, I agree with earlier posters who suggested it should be a Monk class flying mount. :)
Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Unread post by Xota »

Prestige mounts will be from level 3 prestige, which I know is discouraging for those who don't like to pvp. However, pvp gear isn't going to be as unbalanced, meaning hard core pvpers aren't going to massively outgear you if you only pvp occasionally. There will also be world pvp quests, and in the past those have included quests that were practically pve, and the pvp part of it could include being sneaky enough not to get caught.

Or, worse case scenario, you might end up hiring someone to help with pvp, just like a pvper might hire a carry through some pve content.

The good news, for minipet collectors, is the prestige minipet will come at prestige level 1.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Thanks Xota. At least earning the Prestige 1 pet will also get you on the way towards the mount :)

And yeah, there are a bunch of world pvp quests that can involve very little actual pvp, just NPCs. One is actually quite fun, where you defeat wildlife and turn them into mounts with their own special abilities. Of course these quests still flag you, so if members of the opposite faction are present then you may end up in pvp anyway. But at least there are options other than the traditional methods.

My greatest concern is that the Prestige rewards are so rigid. I had originally thought that for every rank you earned you got to choose something from the reward selection, but instead they've set specific rewards to specific levels. So when they introduce another courser mount later, could it end up being the rank 9 or 10 reward or something? If so, what a nightmare for collectors. :/
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

A few mounts are going away, or are becoming more difficult to obtain after the pre-expansion patch today:

Full list here: http://warcraftmounts.com/
  • The Challenger's War Yeti will be permanently unobtainable, as Warlords Challenge Modes are being removed.
  • The Brawler's Burly Mushan Beast is going away temporarily, as the Brawler's Guild is going to be on hiatus. At this stage we have no idea when it will return. Maybe during Legion, maybe later.
  • The Dread Raven isn't being removed, but will become harder to obtain because the Warlords digital deluxe bundle is being pulled from the shop today. After today your only recourse will be to track down a full, unused Warlords CE, which will probably be expensive.
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

What's happening to the honor pvp mounts?
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Unless Blizz has changed their plans, the Brawler's Guild will be going away for all of Legion. Will be revamped for the following xpac.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Honor is going away. The "Black War" mounts will require a new currency after the pre-Expansion patch. So if you already have the Honor you need to use it up immediately!!
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/20747255018#7
Ziarre
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore-US, Wyrmrest Accord-US

Unread post by Ziarre »

Has anyone seen a source for the Long-Forgotten Hippogryph? It's in the mount list, but it's...deliberately being obscure, I think. Only a zone (Azsuna) is listed, and the flavor text: "You are the only one that remembered." All I can find are Wowhead links to an item, and a (potentially rare) NPC.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=138258/rein ... hippogryph
http://www.wowhead.com/npc=108366/long- ... hippogryph

I've been waiting for THAT variant of the hippogryph mount since it was datamined for 2.3. I'd given up on it ever being added...
Acherontia wrote:

It's like daring someone to go insult a bunch of kindly old nuns. You'll wind up going back to your friends with a story about how they smiled at your insults and tried to give you cookies, or something.

Shaiel - 110 Night Elf Hunter
Sahkar - 110 Mag'har Orc Hunter
Tumblr!

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

My guess was a new Timewalking, but it could well be some rare placed item in the old world zones, like that murloc pet!
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

Ziarre wrote:Has anyone seen a source for the Long-Forgotten Hippogryph? It's in the mount list, but it's...deliberately being obscure, I think. Only a zone (Azsuna) is listed, and the flavor text: "You are the only one that remembered." All I can find are Wowhead links to an item, and a (potentially rare) NPC.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=138258/rein ... hippogryph
http://www.wowhead.com/npc=108366/long- ... hippogryph

I've been waiting for THAT variant of the hippogryph mount since it was datamined for 2.3. I'd given up on it ever being added...
According to the mount guide, its Azsuna. Theres a trigger spell for it too that is called "Summon Long-Forgotten Hippogryph": http://www.wowhead.com/spell=215345/sum ... hippogryph

My guess is in Azsuna, there is something that triggers the NPC, which drops the mount. I have scoured items and objects and quests that could be used to trigger and nothing jumped out at me. Theres a place in Azsuna thats a really obscure path up a high mountain and its full of other Hippogryphs. I have a feeling it has something to do with that, two places in particular. You've actually reminded me to open a thread about my suspicions, so I'll do that.

I've spent a lot of time going through the database and checking this place out but found nothing.