No more eagle transportation? :(

For discussion of the next WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

No more eagle transportation? :(

Unread post by Vephriel »

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/4054 ... g-ability/
There's been so much exciting hunter news I honestly didn't notice this other change until afterward, but it seems in the latest build they've changed their minds on how we'll all be getting to our Class Halls. There's just going to be portals in Dalaran now apparently, so no more unique spells like summoning an eagle to fly us there (or the abilities other classes had). I'm honestly pretty bummed out about this, I was looking forward to our eagles. The fact that every class had a unique way of getting there was so creative. :( Bleh.
Nazja
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Re: No more eagle transportation? :(

Unread post by Nazja »

Afaik, hunters don't even get a portal. They access their class hall via the flightmaster.
Britty
Realm: Turalyon, Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Britty »

This is a very disappointing development. I was really looking forward to flying on the eagle.
zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

Oh now this is a real shame. :(

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

Nazja wrote:Afaik, hunters don't even get a portal. They access their class hall via the flightmaster.
:( :x :|
Vephriel

It's just so underwhelming. Apparently the reasoning is they want to make Dalaran a big hub city again but...the class hall travel abilities were so cool and added to that class fantasy they keep talking about. :(
13thmaiden
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by 13thmaiden »

B-But....Eagles....WE WERE PROMISED EAGLES!!!!!!

C'mon how hard is it for them to just change the class hall's flight animal to something else? I mean they have them all over as different creatures, flying machines, rockets. You're telling me they couldn't just make the flight animal the one they promised for each class hall? *sulks* we made some good steps but seriously *sulks*
Vephriel

13thmaiden wrote:B-But....Eagles....WE WERE PROMISED EAGLES!!!!!!

C'mon how hard is it for them to just change the class hall's flight animal to something else? I mean they have them all over as different creatures, flying machines, rockets. You're telling me they couldn't just make the flight animal the one they promised for each class hall? *sulks* we made some good steps but seriously *sulks*
Well, it wasn't a flight master thing, it was an actual ability to transport to our class hall, like the way Death Knights can make the Death Gate. Hunters were originally supposed to be able to summon an eagle which would appear and swoop you away to the Class Hall.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

In the current build you do take a big eagle to get there, but from Dalaran flight area. So it's still a somewhat customised transport but only from one location. No more transport from anywhere. It's a light brown eagle, not a spirit one like before.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Talua <Eagle Keeper> at Dalaran

Flight to the Lodge. This cuts away to you arriving; you don't actually have to endure the long flight!

Attachments
EagleKeeper.jpg
EagleKeeper.jpg (149.43 KiB) Viewed 3204 times
EagleFlight.jpg
EagleFlight.jpg (175.12 KiB) Viewed 3204 times
Vephriel

Well at least there's that, but man, summoning an eagle down wherever you were was such a cool concept. :<
13thmaiden
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Vephriel wrote:
13thmaiden wrote:B-But....Eagles....WE WERE PROMISED EAGLES!!!!!!

Well, it wasn't a flight master thing, it was an actual ability to transport to our class hall, like the way Death Knights can make the Death Gate. Hunters were originally supposed to be able to summon an eagle which would appear and swoop you away to the Class Hall.

Yeah, but that was the best thing I could think they could do quick to still give us the eagles.....

Still though, BOOOOOOOO......*sulks* I did like the summoning concept.....
Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Thank you for sharing, Wain!

It's not as fancy as it might have been, but at least it's different.

(Does Talua's eagle have a name? I of course have to ask.)

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Kalliope wrote:(Does Talua's eagle have a name? I of course have to ask.)
Sorry the name was so high up it got cut off in the screenshot. It was just named "Great Eagle". Which I guess is better than Pretty Good Eagle, or Above Average Eagle.

Which reminds me, given the recent death of the Eagles front man, maybe they should add an eagle named Frey :)
Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Wain wrote:
Kalliope wrote:(Does Talua's eagle have a name? I of course have to ask.)
Sorry the name was so high up it got cut off in the screenshot. It was just named "Great Eagle". Which I guess is better than Pretty Good Eagle, or Above Average Eagle.

Which reminds me, given the recent death of the Eagles front man, maybe they should add an eagle named Frey :)
I vote for Fantastic Eagle! Because of Charlotte's Web reasons!

Frey should be around too! Maybe a pet/minipet for her?

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

Wain wrote:Flight to the Lodge. This cuts away to you arriving; you don't actually have to endure the long flight!

I loved the idea of being able to be use it anywhere, but if they are gonna force all classes to use Dalaran (except the ones who already had ports), then I'm okay with this. Not what I want, but its better than clicking a portal. I still think the Demon Hunter Dalaran port is my favorite.
Nazja
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Nazja »

Instead of talking to an eagle keeper, hunters should talk to a spirit eagle. They should be attuned enouh to nature to not need an intermediary.
Zalani
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Earthen Ring, Arathor, Moon Guard(US)

Unread post by Zalani »

I'd suggest checking out the GD thread about it: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/20742844883
I don't like the change personally,but I am glad that we don't have to endure the Dalaran lagfest for a 5 min flight.
Nazja wrote:Instead of talking to an eagle keeper, hunters should talk to a spirit eagle. They should be attuned enouh to nature to not need an intermediary.
I can agree with this as well, if they are going to take away the port they can at least let us talk to the spirit eagle at Dal.
13thmaiden
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Nazja wrote:Instead of talking to an eagle keeper, hunters should talk to a spirit eagle. They should be attuned enouh to nature to not need an intermediary.

I've kinda always thought that for all flight animals, we're a beast class, we're that attuned to animals we should be able to 'ask' them for a ride without someone having to prod them to do it. Granted there's a few flight paths you do that with, but still you get what I mean.

But yeah, I guess I'll deal with that, since they want a central city again. I'm all for a spirit eagle though :D
lilaughingwolf
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Zul'gin

Unread post by lilaughingwolf »

Ok, seriously super sad since it worked EVERYWHERE. :( Had a super fun day testing it out and was in love with the whole concept...seriously sad. </3