Good things about Legion

For discussion of the next WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Re: Good things about Legion

Unread post by Kalliope »

zedxrgal wrote:Funny I was actually just thinking about this. I raid A LOT ...................... I mean. Probably more than what's healthy. I do not have top gear. Like at all. (curse you RNG Gods) But on Sunday I was on my main raiding and actually hit 7th in damage for the raid. SEVENTH!! *gives smug look* I am sure that is nothing to be excited about or boast about to others but to me it's huge and has me very enthusiastic about patches that may come to BM.
I settled into a good rotation and just tried. I am not "loving" BM like I was pre 7.0 but I am sure as Hades not hating it like originally.
I actually do think the artifact will make the endgame feel more like the endgame.

I'm not overly thrilled with the new stampede mechanic, but there's a talent in the same tier that I'm eyeballing instead (the cobra shot/kill command reset cooldown talent). Sure, it's another passive, but it's something I'll use every BW as opposed to every stampede cooldown.

Basically, it's potentially workable.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

PrimalTazza
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by PrimalTazza »

SURVIVAL HUNTERSSSSSSS
Teigan wrote:And transmog that looks like leather and that I have no idea where I got it.

Because hunters/shamans and warriors/paladins wear mail/plate from level 1 now, some lower level sets got... weird. So Blizz decided to give mail some leather looks and I think plate got some mail looks. Totally intentional to have that leather.

Edit: I think it's mostly Cata quest stuff that got the treatment, but I've noticed some other pieces did as well. And the Cata quest stuff also seems to be usable from as low as 15, so... rejoice! We can look like not-clowns even as we level a new character!

Art of my character Tazza by Isei! http://isei-silva.tumblr.com

Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

The Artifacts have received a lot of good feedback. They take a little time to get going, but they make the endgame feel more endgame, like you said, Kalliope.

I'm not thrilled with the changes to Stampede, but according to Icy Veins it is the best for raiding.
Teigan
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

PrimalTazza wrote:SURVIVAL HUNTERSSSSSSS
Teigan wrote:And transmog that looks like leather and that I have no idea where I got it.

Because hunters/shamans and warriors/paladins wear mail/plate from level 1 now, some lower level sets got... weird. So Blizz decided to give mail some leather looks and I think plate got some mail looks. Totally intentional to have that leather.

Edit: I think it's mostly Cata quest stuff that got the treatment, but I've noticed some other pieces did as well. And the Cata quest stuff also seems to be usable from as low as 15, so... rejoice! We can look like not-clowns even as we level a new character!
I did notice, much to my dismay, that some of my low level quest mail that I used to mog had suddenly turned to plate. But I recall reading somewhere that Blizz intends to make it so that appearances are still available in both types. And i know I had a breastplate turn up that I don't recall the origin of but that looks like one that turned to plate. So it could be a foggy memory, or it could be that they're addressing the issue. But that's cool about the leather look. I always think of hunters as having both leather and mail (headcannon of course), so being able to mix in more leather looking pieces is great :)
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

There's a couple critters that I'm very happy to finally have in my stables.

Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard, Hati's Realm

Unread post by Iowawolf »

Taming Thok, Gnome hunters, the way BM feels more like being a hunter now where we have to think about how we are going to tame a certain pet now without traps, the Legion coming and giving us better gear lol those are the ones I can think of now.
Makoes
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

...those two pictures...Hahahaa I thought a gnome had cooked up Thok and was serving him on a wooden board!

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard, Hati's Realm

Unread post by Iowawolf »

Makoes wrote:...those two pictures...Hahahaa I thought a gnome had cooked up Thok and was serving him on a wooden board!
Thok...it's whats for dinner...
zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

Iowawolf wrote:
Makoes wrote:...those two pictures...Hahahaa I thought a gnome had cooked up Thok and was serving him on a wooden board!
Thok. The other white meat?

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Teigan
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

Iowawolf wrote:
Yeah, that was my first thought too XD

What wine would go with Thok? Being as dinosaurs are the ancestors of birds in the real world, I'm gonna say they are in WoW too. So, it probably tastes like chicken. White wine goes well with chicken. However, if they were a dark meat poultry like duck, we'd need a red wine. So, it would be best to have alot of each.
zedxrgal

OR! Forget the wine. *ponders*
I call the drumstick!!!!!! :P
And yeah. Nothing like a margarita with meats!

Helsinki
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Dalaran - US

Unread post by Helsinki »

I've been doing a lot of bgs and random other stuff with my BM hunter and I have to say, I don't mind the downtime. I don't raid or really do any dungeons, but I know as BM they would bore me to tears. But BM is fine for the stuff I want to do and it's actually helping me to have way fewer buttons and way more downtime because I have a lot of pain in my hands from a form of tendonitis. I'm looking forward to legion. I do of course hope they fix all the things that need fixing with hunters, but I'm glad I'm not as disappointed as many others are (though they have every right to be!).
Sarynotsorry - Dalaran
Helgada - Nesingwary
Tsiya
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary

Unread post by Tsiya »

Drain tanking is a thing again for 'locks! I've been swapping between lock and hunter mains since vanilla, and this just might be a 'lock expansion. BM feels like I've lost more than I've gained, but adapt and adjust, that's what we do. Survival is decent, I love seeing that axe swing again. For priest, I still suck at shadow so bad it ain't funny, but holy is decent for leveling so I'm good with that. Kris has been holy for 95% of her life, so it's great to be able to go from dps to healing and back again without having to swap things around.

And again, DRAIN TANKING!

My pets - My companions

Sig by Sookie!

Rhyela
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

Wain wrote:Loving that stegodons are tameable.
You and me both, Wain. You and me both.

Psst.....if they could just get a texture update like the kodos, that would be fantastic! But.....I won't complain since at this point I'm just happy to have stegodons in the first place. ;)
Attachments
Stegodon.jpg
Stegodon.jpg (254.13 KiB) Viewed 12421 times

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Helsinki
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Rhyela wrote:
Wain wrote:Loving that stegodons are tameable.
You and me both, Wain. You and me both.

Psst.....if they could just get a texture update like the kodos, that would be fantastic! But.....I won't complain since at this point I'm just happy to have stegodons in the first place. ;)
Can you link your armory? I want to see part of your mog but armory only shows a Druid on emerald dream :(
Sarynotsorry - Dalaran
Helgada - Nesingwary
Rhyela

Unread post by Rhyela »

Yeah, I don't know what's up with that. I'm getting the same thing. I'll list the pieces later tonight if I make it online. Sorry! :(

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Helsinki
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Rhyela wrote:Yeah, I don't know what's up with that. I'm getting the same thing. I'll list the pieces later tonight if I make it online. Sorry! :(
That would be great when you get the chance!! I'm specifically curious about the legs and boots. I have the chest.
Sarynotsorry - Dalaran
Helgada - Nesingwary
zedxrgal

Yeah the armory received a huge update recently. Looks nicer in my opinion but still really bugged. Like my main shows up twice on the same server. One or two of my toons don't show up at all. :(

Rhyela

Unread post by Rhyela »

Helsinki wrote:That would be great when you get the chance!! I'm specifically curious about the legs and boots. I have the chest.
The legs are Wrynn's Leggings of Foresight, and the boots are Steelmaw's Stompers. :) I recently changed the helm from the wolf one to one of the WoD dungeon drops, and I added Purifying Spaulders which don't match exactly, but are close enough. I liked the spikes. :)

Thanks for the info, Zed. I was wondering what was up! I thought maybe it had to do with the fact that I hadn't been subscribed in a few months.
Attachments
SV Transmog.jpg
SV Transmog.jpg (183.25 KiB) Viewed 12421 times

zedxrgal

No problem. ;) I noticed it when I went to looking up one of my horde girls and she didn't show up at all.

Your shoveltusk makes me laugh. :lol: "Too good for your screenshot! Stare at my butt!"