Whats your Artifact at?

Everything Hunter-related, except pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Sigrah
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Area 52

Re: Whats your Artifact at?

Unread post by Sigrah »

I'm playing Survival as my primary spec and this is what I decided to go with so far. Decided on going for Eagle's Bite first because I love the idea of having a continuously refreshing DoT for boss fights, and did a side point into Terms of Engagement for quality of life reasons. Probably goes against the "How To Survival" guides out there, but don't care :)

Attachments
WoWScrnShot_092516_170720.jpg
WoWScrnShot_092516_170720.jpg (434.55 KiB) Viewed 1523 times
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

Oh thats interesting! I love it when folks choose their own path. I started my SV traits over the weekend and went the traditional path to get the trait for 30% damage during Eagle (can't recall name). This is interesting though! It gives you a ton of options to branch out into.
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

Here's mine so far:

2 more points til my 3rd golden trait. :D (Though that's a LOT of artifact power. V_V)

My MM/BM ones are only at 13, as per the norm. (Though they didn't go the optimal 13 path, but rather the path for the regular one, since I do intend to cap them eventually)
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

Whats the DPS contribution of the Eagle's Bite trait, the one that causes Harpoon to put up a dot that auto attack refreshes?
Rawr
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

One is at 18 the other is at 14 I think :mrgreen:

Sigrah
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Area 52

Unread post by Sigrah »

Quiv wrote:Whats the DPS contribution of the Eagle's Bite trait, the one that causes Harpoon to put up a dot that auto attack refreshes?
Between 3% to 4% depending on fight mechanics, nothing to write home about. I know it isn't even remotely close to Icy Veins' suggested path, but no regrets. It's a completely redesigned spec, and I have no problem experimenting, especially when a guide says what is best but doesn't include details or explanations on why.
peanutbuttercup
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by peanutbuttercup »

Sigrah wrote:I know it isn't even remotely close to Icy Veins' suggested path, but no regrets. It's a completely redesigned spec, and I have no problem experimenting, especially when a guide says what is best but doesn't include details or explanations on why.
Icy Veins guides are targeted towards higher end raiders and I believe their artifact roadmaps are designed to get you to the 3 golden traits as soon as possible. Doesn't mean that their suggestions are always "the best" for your style of play or the content you do.

Since raiding is what I like (and calculating a roadmap isn't) I find it easier to go with their suggestions for the most part, though I'll still make my own adjustments if I feel it's needed.