Losing Hati in Next Expansion

Everything Hunter-related, except pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.

If we lose our artifact Titanstrike would you still want the second pet in some form?

Passive ability for Beast Master Spec "Memory of Hati" Retain Hati outside the Artifact
34%
Say Good Bye to Hati
36%
Have Hati as a BM Hunter only none combat pet for appearances only
16%
Other ______.
14%

Total votes: 77

Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Re: Losing Hati in Next Expansion

Unread post by Quiv »

I don't want Hati itself to stick around (maybe make it a new rare to tame post Legion or something, IDK).

I am all for having the option for BM and 2 pets out, on one condition: they get it to work correctly. they would have to fix much of what Xella mentioned. I like the idea of two pets, but Hati is still borked and unless they can fix it, then nahhhh.
Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

I only recently swapped from MM to BM but I won't miss hati too much tbh. I mean I enjoy having two cool looking spirit kitties follow me around but he isn't really a major boost to the spec and I do feel like I'm gonna agro half the dungeon/raid with pets either side of me. I think it was a fun thing for Legion but I'm happy to let it die there too.

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

Xella wrote:Just get it the hell away from me. I will be so glad when 8.0 or whatever hits and I can shelve this stupid ugly gun and its stupid derpy wolf forever.
:lol: Image

Yeah I hear ya. I'm left feeling a little sadened about it all. I had been quietly dreaming that BM would get two pets for such a LONG time, the idea just felt so very "Master of the Beasts!"

However with the way legion has shoe horned a 2nd pet in via Hati and it's implementation, has left me rather sour about the whole thing. The fact that we don't have two pets really, we have one, and the artifact has one? It's taken something that could and should have been amazing (in my eyes) and gave us a poor man's guardian.

We can't name it, the perma electrical buzz even after hatimog, the terrible combat lag and unresponsiveness, missing large chunks of DPS because it's soooo slow.... all this things have put me off the idea of 2 pets now so much. I'm kinda annoyed by it all.

I have really struggled to commit any kind of bond or connection with Hati due to seeing him and his name... everywhere! It felt so forced that I struggled. It's also due to the fact it is not a beast, that I wanted/hunted/tamed, but just a spirit of a dead one, trapped in a gun that aids you because you wield it. You put down the gun and it's gone.

The other thing is Dire Beast. We have gone from 1 pet, to a literal Zoo of random beasts that we throw at the enemy like a crazy cat lady! To have to keep calling random beasts to get our focus back, just continually erodes my personal link to all my pets/guardians. It makes them feel disposable and again hard to create a bond with. (And yes I know I can use Dire Frenzy, but it really is just shit gameplay design. Spamming your focus builder thats ready.... however you have to wait while your pet slowly runs into range... it's just SUCH a terrible design.... NO ty.)

In its current form, I'll be very happy to see the door hit Hati's ass on the way out. Thorim can have his dang gun (and buzz wolf) back >.>. I would be interested to see them explore the possibility of having two PROPER pets for BM. I still have a little hope and that it could be glorious, but at the moment.... I kinda just want my old BM back without having to "Carry" Hati and his bad DPS.

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Shelassa
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: EU Magtheridon

Unread post by Shelassa »

SpiritBinder wrote:And yes I know I can use Dire Frenzy, but it really is just shit gameplay design. Spamming your focus builder thats ready.... however you have to wait while your pet slowly runs into range... it's just SUCH a terrible design.... NO ty.
Not to mention that it STILL doesn't work with Titan's Thunder unless you're in a melee range of your pet and opponent + the lack of any basic range on the ability (not even the jump that KC gives, but the fact that it is literally 0 yard range) can screw one up royally if target is moving. Pet just chases it while hunter sweats bullets and spams DF :\

I have to say, it's refreshing to see everyone's opinions. I was sort of bothered that I was in the minority, disliking Hati and 2 pets / zoo of Dire Beasts concept :D
Boven
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by Boven »

I don't think I'd miss Hati. I'd be content to do without a second pet in the future if having one meant putting up with Hati's waddling slowly along like a geriatric pet with bad arthritis and the constant running back to my side while my 'real' pet stays in there working on that group of mobs.

I'm kinda glad to see that I'm not the only one who thought of that Simpsons cat lady the first time I started throwing pets at enemies with Dire Beast. Gotta admit, though, that throwing a dinosaur or unicorn is kinda funny.
zedxrgal
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

Boven wrote:Hati's waddling slowly along like a geriatric pet with bad arthritis and the constant running back to my side while my 'real' pet stays in there working on that group of mobs.

I'm kinda glad to see that I'm not the only one who thought of that Simpsons cat lady the first time I started throwing pets at enemies with Dire Beast. Gotta admit, though, that throwing a dinosaur or unicorn is kinda funny.
At least you got that. I didn't even get slow waddling Hati today. I got epic laziness Hati who stood next to me in 95% of fights while WQ-ing and attacked from there. One occasion he seems to blink strike to the mobs. But yeah. Couldn't even be bothered to waddle to the mob today.

And you get a dino. And you get a dino. And you get a dino. Everybody gets a dino! :lol:

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Zalani
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Earthen Ring, Arathor, Moon Guard(US)

Unread post by Zalani »

I won't miss it lol, although granted i'd be all for him being changed to passive effect now.
mpd_84
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by mpd_84 »

I like having two pets. I'm used to glitches. I do not like not being able to rename Hati and having to wait till 110 to get the swapper thingy.
AdamSavage

Unread post by AdamSavage »

Sukurachi wrote:Yeah, I've been noticing my Hati taking far too long to jump into the fray when I attack.
My other pet is wailing away on the enemy, and Hati is still obliviously licking his nether regions.
Hati will repsond to the comand, to send pet in. Whenever he isn't attacking, I just press B and he starts attacking.
I believe if you can believe out of nothing an explosion (big bang) happened then how far fetched can god be?

Dr. Who Video!

Bristlenose
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Bristlenose »

I like and dislike Hati for all the reasons mentioned. The glitchy AI is the main complaint but otherwise I like the idea they went with. Having the ability to "face swap" him to something else is a nice plus. The next expansion it would be nice to retain at least a passive secondary pet if the AI can't be made to behave better.
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

One more grumble. Today I went into the order hall and there must have been fifteen Hatis lurking around the mission board. It ain't special if everyone's got one, dammit. Make the transmuter thingy available at 100, could you PLZ bliz.

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

Just touching on this since for a few days I've busted buns on my nelf huntress who only runs lone wolf MM to get her to 110 and then quickly jumped on another BM to start her. And holy crap Hati annoyed the living hell out of me. I didn't realize just how much he is in the way, loud, slow and practically useless he is.
At this point good riddance. Even now after all this time he doesn't work right. I really would hate for that to bleed over into a dual pet system.
Changing my vote to GTFO. Don't let the door smash your fluffy tail on the way out.

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

NazzyDragon
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Emerald Dream (US)

Unread post by NazzyDragon »

Rawr wrote:Why can't we just have a second pet? I'd rather have that than the broken guardian that is Hati. :| :mrgreen:
I don't play BM anymore, but this is definitely the option I'd pick.

Hati's AI is terrible, and not being able to name the second pet is just... annoying? Give BM two FUNCTIONING pets that don't act aloof.

(Click image for Hunter!)
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Jatbirkkal
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Moonguard

Unread post by Jatbirkkal »

I feel like a lot of the issues with his attacking could be solved by letting Blink Strikes effect him too, if only for the, well, blink. But I admit that's a bandaid fix more than anything.

I do hate to say it, as I adore having two pets at once, but the system *is* just too glitchy to work right now. Hati tends to find any opportunity to not do what I need him to, he does sometimes pull things (though to be fair this is just as much a concern imo for regular pets anyway and is something I'm kind of used to managing since I'm playing a pet class.), and being unable to name him does kill the fantasy.

I've taken to, as far as RP goes, just pretending Hati is whichever of my other pets I have him mogged to look like and telling people to ignore the lightning sparklies (which I hate.) on him.

Thanks to Vephriel for this awsome sig

"One day, this Hydra WILL be mine! I hope"- Me, before hydras were tameable.

This lovely Shale Spider used as my Avatar is made by Lupis <3
Teigan
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

I'm torn on the subject. The mechanics have already been discussed, and I come down on the "yes, two pets might be nice if they actually worked but it should be optional" side of things. So, from a lore/aesthetics standpoint...*sigh*
I hated Hati. With a passion. Utterly hated the very idea of that wolf. And then...the quest happened and the little bugger was all heroic and I had to save him and I ended up liking him. I actually got fairly attached. Then I used the transforming thing on him and that kinda screwed that up. If I went back to the original Hati, I'd probably like him as a character again, and not just a way to display a second pet. But, since we'll be losing him, I'm not sure I want to get attached again. It was rude of Blizzard to shove him on us in the first place, and downright mean to just take him away. I'm really concerned they'll kill him off, honestly. I do not want that to happen. Make him a spirit beast in Storm Peaks with his brother! Something. Just don't kill him, Blizz. Please. If we do get another "second pet" gimmick, I want it to be a true second pet, one that I choose and name and don't stand to lose once Blizzard gets bored with a weapon gimmick.
Miacoda
Realm: Argent Dawn(US) - Alliance, Nesingwary(US) - Horde

Unread post by Miacoda »

Bye Felicia Hati

Thank you to everyone who has made me a signature!
AKA TheDoomcookie
Mia's Stable|DeviantArt|Tumblr

sasrei7
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by sasrei7 »

honestly i'm torn.. I LOVE having two pets, but i'd like my second pet to be my choice and for that said pet to quit slacking off and attack things that his sibling is attacking.. lol
the ai for hati is pretty dense, I have to manually send him out all the time.
Valka
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: WrA US

Unread post by Valka »

All these people complaining about Hati and his poor AI and having to send him in manually, you can easily fix that by just making macros for your attacking spells. That way Hati runs in the second you hit something (well both your pets do), without it they wait until Kill Command to swap targets or even begin attacking. I agree, he is awful AI but with this both pet's work perfectly. Sad that they aren't inbuilt to just attack when you do. Here's hope Blizzard changes that. I personally use the macro on the spells; Cobra Shot, Multi-shot, Dire Beast, and as part of my 'Opener' macro.

The macro is simple and easy, and if you need help just PM me.

#showtooltip
/petattack
/cast SPELL

Image Valka - Nagrand (US)

peanutbuttercup
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by peanutbuttercup »

Getting him to attack isn't my issue. Watching him aggro everything while very slowly trotting towards the target, only to finally make it there when it drops dead, is.

I didn't even realize this could happen but Hati aggroed a mob during pet battling yesterday. I came out of pet battle to find myself in combat, with Hati at half health staring blankly ahead, while a mob chewed on his hind end. Why is he a valid target for attack while I'm phased out? That's just poor programming.
Rawr
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

I would still rather have 2 pets, not this 1 pet and a guardian crap. 2 pets I can control >>>> any amount of guardians. :mrgreen: