What are your Allied Races plans?

Everything Hunter-related, except pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn

Re: What are your Allied Races plans?

Unread post by Krysteena »

bestazy wrote:I really want to level up an allied race or two, especially for the armor sets, but to be honest I think they just came too late for me. I already have a fully leveled character for every class I'm interested in playing (druid, DK, hunter, mage) and don't see myself doing one I'm not interested in just because of the new races.
If I could class change and still get the armors, Blizz would be taking my money, but since you don't, I don't see any reason to do it.
See, the heritage armour lock makes sense on paper, but in practise, can cause some problems. Say I wanted to race-change Krys to a Highmountain Tauren, but I also wanted the armour for her. To do that, not only do I have to pay however much a race change actually is, but I've also got to level a HT up to 110 to actually unlock the armour. It seems a bit of a waste of either my money or my time, depending on which aspect I place more importance on. I get why they would do it, but, honestly, having a small, lore-based quest chain for getting the armour that can be accessed by both those levelled or race-changed seems a better bet. Of course, that is also on paper, and so in practise that approach may also have had some problems.

Also, Veph, in-game Veph looks absolutely amazing as a Nightborne! She really matches Skorn perfectly - or even more perfectly than she already did, at least <3 If money isn't the issue, then there's no reason why you shouldn't go ahead and make the change. The worst that will happen is having to change her back if you don't like her, after all :)
Lorfean

Unread post by Lorfean »

[This post has been deleted]
Last edited by Lorfean on Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Unread post by Sukurachi »

I started a Nightborne warrior and all I could think is "oh god no, not that whole grind again."

If there had been a new class, that's one thing. But just a new race that basically looks like one of the Alliance races? Meh. I really lost interest really fast.

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Rawr
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

New Troll here, those are my plans. :D :mrgreen:

Rhyela
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

I've changed my mind. Brown orc female all the way! I love female orcs anyway, and the new ones are great! I just pray there isn't some terrible rep grind to get them, if for nothing else but my sanity's sake. Maybe once I start playing again, I'll make a regular orc and then race change once Mag'har become available. :3

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Rawr
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

Rhyela wrote:I've changed my mind. Brown orc female all the way! I love female orcs anyway, and the new ones are great! I just pray there isn't some terrible rep grind to get them, if for nothing else but my sanity's sake. Maybe once I start playing again, I'll make a regular orc and then race change once Mag'har become available. :3
I'm guessing it will be the Outland rep http://www.wowhead.com/faction=941/the-maghar it's not so bad just get those Warbeads :D :mrgreen:

Silivren
Realm: Sunbeam Ruins, Tamriel, Westeros, Thedas, etc.

Unread post by Silivren »

Rawr wrote:
Rhyela wrote:I've changed my mind. Brown orc female all the way! I love female orcs anyway, and the new ones are great! I just pray there isn't some terrible rep grind to get them, if for nothing else but my sanity's sake. Maybe once I start playing again, I'll make a regular orc and then race change once Mag'har become available. :3
I'm guessing it will be the Outland rep http://www.wowhead.com/faction=941/the-maghar it's not so bad just get those Warbeads :D :mrgreen:
I highly doubt it will be that rep. Blizzard said they'd never make you go back and grind outdated rep/content for new content. I'm betting once BFA launches the current rep requirements will be removed too. Also these Mag'har are not the outland ones. These are the AU Draenor Mag'har, which is actually a bucket term for all uncorrupted orcs. You can see in their customizations skin tones which show various different clans of orcs, all of which were present on Draenor.

Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

According to an interview, Blizz has no intention on removing the rep requirements any time soon. They even said that the Allied Races are meant to be a reward for those that play the game, not so much for brand new players.

It is both the MU and AU Mag'har if the jokes are to be believed. One of the jokes (male, I think) refers to the Black Tooth Grin clan, which only existed in the MU.
Silivren

Valnaaros wrote:According to an interview, Blizz has no intention on removing the rep requirements any time soon. They even said that the Allied Races are meant to be a reward for those that play the game, not so much for brand new players.

It is both the MU and AU Mag'har if the jokes are to be believed. One of the jokes (male, I think) refers to the Black Tooth Grin clan, which only existed in the MU.
I mean you can say that if you want BUT Blizzard will fold if enough players cry loudly about the current rep requirements. Not to mention the launch of BFA is quite later this year that's not exactly "soon".

Also, they are from Draenor, they know of the Garrison's and to them in their jokes Hellscream is the only Warchief they knew. There's even a petition going around for Blizz to change them to the Outland Mag'har not that it even matters where they hail from. It is extremely more likely they are the AU Draenor orcs as that is where you find the most widely diverse orc clans that are currently all still in tact. Especially since the Black Tooth Grin can no longer exists and was absorbed into the Blackrock Clan. They make several other references to AU Draenor as in their flirt about walking in the Shadowmoonlight - you won't find that in MU Shadowmoon. And to further prove my point - Azeroth goes through warchiefs like Draenor goes through alternate timelines. - is from a male Mag'har orc. It is extremely highly unlikely these are the very very small group of Outland Mag'har orcs.

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

If enough push for it. I haven't really seen a bunch of people calling for Blizz to remove the rep requirements. Usually those who do are those that are not willing to spend a couple of weeks getting rep with the required factions. I made my VE a couple weeks ago and he reached 110 about a week ago. In the past week, just from Invasions and WQs alone, he is nearly exalted with the AotL. The requirements for the allied races are not difficult to fulfill at all. If some people want for the rep requirements of the Allied Races to be removed, then they may as well ask for all rep requirements for every pet, mount, toy, tabard, etc. that can be bought from a quartermaster. Allied Races are an exalted reward.

I said that it could possibly be both, not that it was just the MU Orcs. The Black Tooth Grin clan never existed in the AU, since they were formed five years prior to the First War on Azeroth. They don't exist anymore, you're right, but wouldn't that give some evidence that the playable Mag'har are composed of both MU and AU orcs? How would an AU orc know about a clan that never existed in their timeline, and existed in the main timeline 30 years prior? As for MU Shadowmoon, it was just like the AU Shadowmoon at one point in time. An MU Mag'har could be referring to the original MU Shadowmoon.

Nothing suggests that the playable Mag'har will be entirely composed of AU Mag'har. There is evidence that both the AU and MU Mag'har are a part of this group, and really no reason why they can't both be.
Silivren

Val I'm going to say this and only this.

Please stop replying to me, you constantly have to respond to literally everything I say even if I have facts in an attempt to prove me wrong.

You didn't even have to respond to me in the first place, you offered nothing helpful as I was trying to point out that Mag'har rep would 99% not be needed to gain access to the new orcs, nor is it necessarily known that any rep is needed. And everywhere that reports on the new orcs reports them as Draenor originating.

Oona

Unread post by Oona »

Race change my main from basic Draenei to Light Forged.Then creating and leveling a Zandalari Troll hunter. Beyond that,who knows.
Rhyela

Unread post by Rhyela »

If Mag'har rep was indeed needed, do you think my Ally character's Kurenai rep would "cross over" and fulfill that requirement? I actually grinded that long ago, just not on the Horde side. Boo.

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

From what I'm aware, the requirements are account-bound. As long as you've got the rep on one of your characters, you can unlock that Allied Race on another. You'd just need a 110 Horde character to complete the quest chain from the appropriate emissary and then you're good to go :)
Teigan
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

Originally, I naively thought "I'll have one of each race they bring out! And it will be so happy and pretty and wonderful!" But...that means leveling quite alot of characters that I won't have room for on my main server. I think I'm going to hold off on committing to any yet, and take the easy way on ones I really like by race changing and then someday leveling one for the armor. My only plan for leveling a keeper on my main server is a Lightforged draenei paladin and a Dark Iron of some kind because dang, that hair is glorious!. I think that my "for the armor" army of toons will be all or mostly hunters tucked away on their own dedicated server. Hunters are fun and easy to leveling and could satisying my need to have cute little pet themes. I kinda hope there will be an undead allied race flavor so I can gather all the weird dead things in one place. It's fun to consider the themes I can do with each one.
Rhyela

Unread post by Rhyela »

Krysteena wrote:You'd just need a 110 Horde character to complete the quest chain from the appropriate emissary and then you're good to go :)
Sweet, thanks! Now to just get a Horde toon to 110. :lol:

Funk
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: several...

Unread post by Funk »

With the Black Tooth Grin joke being changed to a frostwolf one, it looks like mag’har rep most certainly won’t be the requirement, since nothing datamined ties them to the Outland mag’har anymore, iirc.

(Obviously you could pretend your brown orc is from Outland; with Outland steadily deteriorating I imagine most of them have already made the journey over for survival purposes. Just a head canon probably but whatever.)

I’m curious to see if reps from expansions past will be required. For Legion, these reps are still current, technically.

Either way, SUPER stoked to make some orc ladies!
funk#1402

Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Rhyela wrote:
Krysteena wrote:You'd just need a 110 Horde character to complete the quest chain from the appropriate emissary and then you're good to go :)
Sweet, thanks! Now to just get a Horde toon to 110. :lol:
No problem, happy to help~ :)

And if I have to go grind Frostwolf rep from Draenor for that sweet, sweet direwolf mount, I-- I'll do it. I won't be happy because Draenor reps are even worse with the fact that you need to grind mobs over and over and that's the only way, but the direwolf should act as a good reward for it :') I reckon I'll wait it out for confirmation though, just in case I don't need to grind the rep.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

@Funk Many Mag'har followed Garrosh to Azeroth, so you can definitely RP as one if you so choose :)
Falcon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Falcon »

I'm slowly working on Nightfallen rep (Suramar City can go burn) and plan on making both a Zandalari druid and hunter once I'm able to unlock the race come the new expansion. The Zandalari in particular are what pulled me out of my hiatus from the game, and I am beyond stoked to go to Dinoland Zandalar. Here's hoping Blizzard will finally, finally make the rest of the dinos tamable. :) I'm also excited that we're finally getting Mag'har orcs, but I don't have any immediate plans to make one until I get other stuff done first.