Aspects cooldowns are too high for it's benefit

Everything Hunter-related, except pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Re: Aspects cooldowns are too high for it's benefit

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

I use turtle for the tames that require it (because lol what traps anymore) but yeah, aside from that, I forget they're there too.

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

zedxrgal
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

Just grousing one more time about the RIDICULOUSLY high cool downs on these aspects. FFS. Yesterday I decided to do some time walking. Cata dungeons are some of my favs. Because of these high cool downs, Stonecore became near impossible to run because I couldn't get the extra fast speed boost from cheetah when needed as often or at all. Turtle couldn't protect as often as should.

These aspects could be so useful if their cool downs were reduced. This really needs a patch fix.

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Comment on my thread on the forums! They caved on paladins, it'd be nice if they'd listen to us too...

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

Rhyela
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

Xota wrote:Disengage used to require combat, so perhaps harpoon could at least be tweaked to not require combat. Like if cast on yourself, you pull yourself forward the same distance as disengage jumps you, or at least triggering posthaste.
I could swear that I used to use Disengage to jump to places I shouldn't in towns. And in PvP out of combat. And everywhere, really. Actually, I think I used it in my garrison to get to the top floor of the stable? Or did you mean that it used to require combat before WoD? My memory could also be really shoddy.

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

Every time I read the title...

Carry on :D
Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Unread post by Xota »

Rhyela wrote:
Xota wrote:Disengage used to require combat, so perhaps harpoon could at least be tweaked to not require combat. Like if cast on yourself, you pull yourself forward the same distance as disengage jumps you, or at least triggering posthaste.
I could swear that I used to use Disengage to jump to places I shouldn't in towns. And in PvP out of combat. And everywhere, really. Actually, I think I used it in my garrison to get to the top floor of the stable? Or did you mean that it used to require combat before WoD? My memory could also be really shoddy.
In LK and Cata, disengage required combat. For about a month at the beginning of LK, it required an enemy target.

Don't forget about aspects entirely. With the BM and MM artifact, aspect of the turtle becomes a heal. And aspect of the wild (BM) / eagle (surv) are the burst dps CDs.
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

I don't have a problem with Wild/Eagle's CD... probably because they feel like the usual cooldowns for such things. And yeah, I can see choking a Big Fat DPS Cooldown back, because the standard has always been 'once, MAYBE twice per encounter'.

But I used Det frequently on fights like Xhul'horac and Turtle ain't up to the task anymore. And Cheetah is nowhere near in the same usefulness category as Hawk or Wild.

zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

Nachtwulf wrote:And Cheetah is nowhere near in the same usefulness category as Hawk or Wild.
This.

In some raid /dungeon battles I used cheetah often for a speed boost in some fights to help get out of the way *coughArchimondecough* when things were on CD etc. Now cheetah is practically a one trick pony. Smash that cheetah button and then I have to wait a whole nuther (<---- is that even a word?) 3 minutes to touch it again. A lot can happen in three minutes in a heroic or even on normal. Forget even trying to run back after a wipe with that! I actually got booted from a heroic because I didn't get a rez and couldn't run back fast enough because freaking cheetah fizzles out so quickly. Yeah that is partial blame on inpatient tanks etc but "I'm coming as fast as I can" just isn't a viable excuse because cheetah is shit now. Especially if other players aren't aware just how gimped it is.

Man the more I think about it the more my ire gets up. GGgggrrrrr

And yes Nacht. I shall post on your thread soon as I get home from work.

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Rawr
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

Yeah Cheetah and Turtle are really not helpful as is. If Turtle had 2 charges and Cheetah was a min-two min baseline or they could BRING THE OLD CHEETAH BACK, with the glyph attached, I think it would be fine then. :D :mrgreen:

Nick
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Nick »

Yeah, I'm extremely dissatisfied about how they handled aspects in general for hunters :/
(and... just hunters in general, they stripped a lot of stuff from BM and I'm seriously considering leveling a hunter from scratch to try and relearn it...)

@ the disengage discussion: I'm pretty sure it didn't require a target for a lot of WoD and maybe even before that, because I've seen many people use it for mobility while out of combat and running through half-cleared dungeons faster.

Battlenet: Nick#115610
|| Tumblr || Flight Rising || Twitter ||