Hunter Woes

Everything Hunter-related, except pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
PrimalTazza
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Re: Hunter Woes

Unread post by PrimalTazza »

From http://www.wowhead.com/news=254775/augu ... -timewalki :

Pets
Hunter, Shaman, Mage, Warlock, and Death Knight pets have been trained to move around more smoothly and better adjust to player pathing when the player is moving.

Edit: Playing with it for a few minutes, the pet seems to act a LITTLE more responsive but still seems to slow down and lag behind when you encounter something like a wall that blocks where it would normally be walking. Once or twice it actually ignored such silly things like physics and collision and lodged itself in the wall or terrain objects. I'll keep messing with it a little more.

Art of my character Tazza by Isei! http://isei-silva.tumblr.com

Rhyela
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

It's a start. :)

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Bristlenose
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Bristlenose »

I've run into a problem with my gnome hunter. Can't tame the Pandaria hidden beasts. The time it takes to tame one is just a little too long to get one in the flare. At least it was that way with Rockhide. Tried a few times but just couldn't get it. Not sure if concussive shot would do any good either. I suppose I could spec into Survival for slowing traps but being an exotic I can't tame Glimmer or Portent that way.
Shinryu Masaki
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Shinryu Masaki »

Use either Wyvern Sting or Binding Shot, I haven't tested them myself but I believe I've read here that it worked.
ImageImage
Bristlenose
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Hadn't thought about Sting or Shot. I was having one of those blonde moments. Assuming they aren't immune of course. :lol:
Bristlenose
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Sure enough Wyvern Sting did the trick.
Rawr
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

Bristlenose wrote:I've run into a problem with my gnome hunter. Can't tame the Pandaria hidden beasts. The time it takes to tame one is just a little too long to get one in the flare. At least it was that way with Rockhide. Tried a few times but just couldn't get it. Not sure if concussive shot would do any good either. I suppose I could spec into Survival for slowing traps but being an exotic I can't tame Glimmer or Portent that way.
If you have enough Haste you can start the tame as soon as you see them and finish before they walk out of your Flair. You could have another Hunter put their Flair down and slightly over lap yours if you know where the mob is patting and don't have enough time. :mrgreen:

Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

Here's my woe, I hope someone can help. New core hounds! SERIOUSLY awesome model. Great for soloing (that flame hide thing), plus Bloodlust!

....But that rumbly fire noise they make drives me berserk after awhile. Does anyone know what that soundfile is so I can mute it? Also, while I'm asking, the 'wasp buzz' wing-rattle noise is also bad. (Thankfully draenor wasps don't do it, but I have some lovely old wasps I'd love to use but the noise makes my teeth hurt...)

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Unread post by Xota »

I can't test right now, so I can't be sure, but the corehound's burning noise might be Data\Sound\creature\Elementalfire\FireElementalLoop.ogg

Wasp might be Data\Sound\Creature\SilithidWasp\SilithidWingLoop2.ogg
Rawr
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

The skin I chose for my DH makes him look like a burn victim :shock: :| :mrgreen:

Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Thanks, Xota! Both of those work! And yaaay core hounds for erryone!

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

This just in from the blues...

When set to assist, players’ pets will now attack all targets that have been damaged by the player, rather than only the player’s current target.

I think this should make them behave more like Assist used to. Aside from not attacking things that hit them or you unless told to. Still it will mean way more uptime for dire beast (and Hati) if they stay where they're supposed to be put and not always running back to you.

Dysphoria
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Dysphoria »

The pet following AI is truly terrible atm. Not to mention the bugs with pets not attacking when "assist" is enabled under certain situations. The way pets currently function is not great (lack of abilities, lack of survivability, lack of general importance, bugs with the way they move), hopefully a lot of this is fixed with the artifact traits and scaling to 110.