Comparing two artifact quest lines

Everything Hunter-related, except pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Re: Comparing two artifact quest lines

Unread post by Rikaku »

Sukurachi wrote:I'm not up to rogue class mount yet, that's next on my agenda.
Does it also contain a "PvP" element, like the class hall quest did?
Nachtwulf wrote:I... don't think so. I can't remember. I had to get help with the pvp part of the quest because a) I suck and b) I'm on a high-pop super crowded server (MG) but I don't THINK I had to pvp twice.

Actually, I think there is an element of "pvp". I haven't done the quest myself, but I have friends who have and I've seen the 'quest' in action. If I remember correctly, it's much like the campaign quest and involves NPCs, not actual players, but does involve the pvp flag being toggled.

I can give more info if needed but I don't wanna go into full spoiler territory.

On the topic of comparing quest lines... I've done many if not all of them by now. I think the only ones I'm missing are Brewmaster and Mistweaver Monk lines.

Monk - (Windwalker Only) I hated this quest, but to be fair, Monk is my least favorite class and she was by far my "not well geared" character. So while it was moderately difficult due to that, overall I just didn't find the quest that memorable.

Mage - Arcane was HARD. I don't know why or how, but this quest was by far the most difficult one I experienced. I died so many times. On the plus side, it was really interesting. Frost's quest was pretty forgettable imo, it wasn't hard but wasn't memorable either (I actually had to remind myself what the heck it was). Fire was fun and I really enjoyed where it took me.

Hunter - All were okay and easy quests. I wasn't overly impressed with any of it. SV... IDK I might be biased because I'm still just not impressed with this spec (maybe because when i heard melee Hunter I was thinking dual-wield awesomeness like Rexxar or something), but I found the quest to be rather 'meh'. The mechanics and length of the quest was fine, but it was kind of... meh still. MM was disappointing, it was short and sweet but I had much higher hopes for the lore of the weapon and the characters involved. BM's story... I have a love/hate relationship with. I love hati, I love that it had some pet-lovers in mind, but I will never comprehend how they thought the characters or theme of the quest at all matched "Beast Master".

Priest - Shadow and Holy were fun quests, had no problem with them really. They also had some fun locales and story to go with it. Discipline... had the same story as Arcane Mage and BY THE LIGHT OF ELUNE I hated every minute of being back there (even though I enjoy the npc dialogue). IDK why that one quest is so difficult....

Druid - All four were pretty easy to get and didn't give me too much hassle. The only one that gave me trouble was Guardian Druid, and that's only because I had 0 idea of what the heck I was doing at the time because HOW DO TANK?

Warlock - I honestly don't remember most of the acquisition quests for warlock, other than that none of them really gave me trouble. Though I do remember Destruction's and I had a lot of fun with that one. It took me to a perfect classic location for such a setting imo.

Shaman - Enhancement was a fun quest, but man did I dislike hearing so much NPC chatter from the partner NPC. Elemental was easy and actually had fun stuff in it up until the last... third of the quest? Then it just got unfun again (at least for me, I dunno how to Ele shaman). Resto was alright, nothing fancy or impressive.

Demon Hunter - Both specs were super easy short quests imo. I guess thinking about it, that might've been the right decision since DH seem (to me) like their quests are more DO ACTION NOW, THINK ABOUT CONSEQUENCES LATER kinda types lol. But I really wish the quest for the Vengeance weapon had to do with some of the lore written on its tooltip. Cause seriously, that's a story I wanna see.

Paladin - Honestly Ashbringer might be one of my favorites simply because it's friggin Ashbringer (which I feel is one of the few true artifacts SO I ADMIT, BIASED). The other two specs... I honestly don't remember anymore other than one had a similar story locale/chain as one of the Priest artifacts so it wasn't new news to me. But that one chain is one of my higher-rated acquisition quests, so the fact that it was a duplicate isn't a total negative.

edit
Ill edit in more as I remember them, cause I know there's more XD

Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Unread post by Sukurachi »

I today finished my healer Monk's class campaign, and all I can say is I was thoroughly underwhelmed by the story.
Considering I have NEVER known how to play my Monk, and on top of that he's a healer, I was surprised at how easily I got through the whole thing without getting killed over and over.
I even got my 2 dungeons within less than a minute's queue time.

But the story.. bleh! So boring and honestly, get over this thing about Pandas and beer.

The next toon I have to get through his class campaign is my DK.

I've now done all the artifact weapon quests I am going to need, so it's just getting toons to 110 and finishing off the class campaigns for me now. My Death knight is my next level 110 (he's only a few bars away from "ding".)
I can never remember the names of specs, so.. he's the one with a perma-pet, a DPS spec.

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

As a Healer, you'll usually get in fairly quickly, but I'm sure you know this :)

The Monk campaign is my least favorite, as well as that of many due to how lackluster it is. Though, I highly doubt that Monks will ever move away from Pandaren and Beer, due to the entire class existing because of Pandas, and Beer being a major part of Pandaren culture.

That is Unholy spec :)
Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Unread post by Sukurachi »

Thanks Val :-) so my Un hole-y Deaf Knight is next.

Yeah, I know they'd never move away from the whole Panda/beer thing since they ARE so intimately linked within the game's mythology as they've written it. But it still felt weird to be looking for an "epic beer recipe" to vanquish an evil demonic foe... especially after doing the Rogue class campaign, which was all SORTS of true epic (to me.. maybe because I've never really played a Rogue, it just felt way more class-appropriate than any other one I've played so far.)

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

The Rogue campaign is very epic and very class-appropriate. One of my favorites, actually :)