Slight Barrage graphics change

Everything Hunter-related, except pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Re: Slight Barrage graphics change

Unread post by Quiv »

I've officially switched to Volley. I'm still getting the hang of focus management with every auto shot costing 3 focus now, but I don't mind the slower playstyle. I never was a huge fan of FILL EVERY GCD OMG. My DPS has went up too, so I got that going for me, which is nice.
Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

I've been paying even closer attention to the meters since my last post and it's hilarious how consistent my performances are.

The part that really bothers me is when I'm lower than the tank on trash. I'm not used to being that low when putting in effort.

Oh well. Been making sure my cds are up for the bosses instead and it balances out.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Adyrawr
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Adyrawr »

Well - about the graphics change -- it is called barrage. I mean, I always imagined that my hunter just decided to give up and hope the thing she was shooting died when she used it. Pretty accurate. xP
Gimlion
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Nordrassil

Unread post by Gimlion »

After using it for a while since I hit 90 (currently 98), I love it for trash packs and questing. My biggest problem is the insane amount of threat I pull from anything that hasn't been thunderstomped by my pet or is attacking a quest npc, which is a lot in WoD content.

Sig made by the Wonderful Serenith!

"You cannot judge me, I am Justice itself! We were meant for more than this, to protect the innocent. But, if our precious laws bind you all to inaction, then I will no longer stand as your brother." - Tyrael
Melissa
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Earthen Ring EU

Unread post by Melissa »

I can understand the reasoning behind changing the visual effect, but, sheesh... As a tank I've had my fair share of panic moments just seeing the huge barrage just barely not pulling things >.< it actually kinda throws me off because now that the ammo flies everywhere I can't really tell if something got hit or not fast enough and wether or not I need to go grab that nearby add.
I have a Tumblr!
I no longer main my Hunter; Legion changes have unfortunately put me off from the class. However I still plan to stick around for the community here ^^
My Current Main! (Updated once more as I switched factions!)
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

Melissa wrote:I can understand the reasoning behind changing the visual effect, but, sheesh... As a tank I've had my fair share of panic moments just seeing the huge barrage just barely not pulling things >.< it actually kinda throws me off because now that the ammo flies everywhere I can't really tell if something got hit or not fast enough and wether or not I need to go grab that nearby add.
This is a big reason for me too. I don't tank but I understand that world well enough to know Barrage is not tank friendly in dungeons. As many have mentioned, the graphic fits the theme of the ability, but oooh is it scary for some dungeons. And what I think is worse is that we will eventually get used to the graphic, which means we get lax, and then the real fun begins. Hunter pulls with Barrage, Feigns Death (worst thing to do first btw), Healer gets aggro and dies.. all before the tank knew anything went wrong.
r8dj

Unread post by r8dj »

This change is obnoxious. As is the sound byte when you cast. Sounds like you are taking damage from something. They could have at least generated a new one to distinguish the difference. But that's what Bliz is best at: Cut/paste new changes and reinventing the wheel for no reason.
Rawr
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

I stopped using Barrage for everything but leveling, even then it's kind of rare unless my boyfriend is tanking. Other than that I use Crows and that seem to work just fine as far as deeps and not pulling things from the next continent are concerned. :D :mrgreen:

Xella
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Skywall-US

Unread post by Xella »

I think my biggest issue with crows over barrage is that... well, barrage is the only ability that really pairs well with MD for getting adds on tanks. Elerethe Renferal's a perfect example—the adds that spawn during feeding time are too spread out when they spawn and are running to the group for multi to hit more than one at a time (two if you're really lucky), and because my pet(s) are such a large chunk of my damage (and thus my threat), that one multi (or cobra, if I try to hit each one individually instead) isn't gonna be enough to get it to a tank over... well, anyone. There were multiple times on Wednesday and Thursday that healers pulled threat over my MD-to-tank and I just couldn't get it off them, and that's flat out embarassing, yo.

If I could depend on my hunter buddies (who both play MM) to consistently MD on add spawns it wouldn't be a problem, but they're too focused on... well, on being MM and dpsing the adds and pulling them back OFF the tank :(

If the talent-switching things weren't so gosh-danged expensive I wouldn't mind crows > barrage as much either, but each one costs like... 30g+ in mats right now on Korgath, if not more (definitely more since I'm still using my herbs to try and max my alchemy) which makes me detest having to swap talents between bosses even more than I already don't like doing it, haha :(
Current main: Xella-Skywall | Art Stuffs | Brains.