Using all three artifacts

Everything Hunter-related, except pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
zedxrgal
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Using all three artifacts

Unread post by zedxrgal »

I have my "experimental" hunter that I have lately been showing a lot of attention to. She's the one I started trying SV on when the changes came on the ptr. She's also been my BM tester.
I am thinking though of keeping her as my experiment toon. When she is done fully with an artifact she would move onto the next one and fully trait that one out. Completing all three artifacts.

Is anyone else going to change to another artifact after they've maxed out their current one?

If so, which one and why?

Would there even be enough content /ability to max out all three?

When she is done with Talonclaw I think she'll change to Thas'dorah. I haven't played MM in a billion years. Wouldn't mind giving it a go. Plus that bow is lovely in my opinion.

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Teigan
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Re: Using all three artifacts

Unread post by Teigan »

The completionist in my cries out for finishing all three artifacts. But, given how long it's taking to work on one (I'm not even half done), I'm not sure this is a realistic goal for me. Perhaps there is a better way to do this that I don't know about. But, as it stands, I'm not sure there is enough power around to finish them within the expansion. I'm sure it could eventually be done, unless world quests are removed a future expansion. I think it would be a very long process though.
Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Unread post by Xota »

I'm looking at putting points into three artifacts on my priest. I'm already doing two artifacts, somewhat concurrently, on my druid. If your second spec is a few traits behind your first spec, your first spec is only delayed a "day" for most of the time. I've been using this chart as a guide. A third spec shouldn't slow down main spec progress too much.

I know some classes, the different specs shine in different niches. I would probably be a good idea to have a ranged weapon and the spear built up enough that you can switch if needed.

Getting 34 in all three artifacts is very plausible. Getting 54, I don't know. I guess it depends how your artifact point rate compares to that chart. They have 34->54 taking 12-13 weeks.
Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Artifact research helps a bunch, since it means you're steadily gaining AP faster over time. I'm not in a huge hurry to max out my other artifacts, but it's nice knowing that I'll be able to build them up faster when I do get there.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Unread post by Rikaku »

Kalliope wrote:Artifact research helps a bunch, since it means you're steadily gaining AP faster over time. I'm not in a huge hurry to max out my other artifacts, but it's nice knowing that I'll be able to build them up faster when I do get there.

Basically this ^

Artifact Research will increase the amount of AP you learn. In addition, Blizzard has stated that the 'research time' of each Artifact Research will speed up over the life of the expansion (based upon the launch day, not personal progression/play time). So in a few months, you will be gaining a ton of AP and Research notes to update it very quickly. So if you're pouring everything into one artifact before moving to your next, your experience of capping your 2nd artifact should be much much faster than the first time you capped your first artifact. Likewise, the 3rd artifact you max out will go much much quicker than the second and the third.

And the sped up Artifact research will also help your alts you may be doing this on (which makes me happy cause ever since they whispered they may implement a way for Druids to keep those awesome Artifact-forms, I know I need to level my alt's too).

Personally, I'll be pouring everything into Titanstrike. Once I'm done there, I'll probably max out Talonclaw, since it's kind of cool walking around Thundertotem being saluted by the Tauren (plus the story there makes me like it more). After that, MM. I love Windrunner lore, but the pet-less spec will definitely be the last one capped. (Yeah I know I can go without Lone Wolf; but MM still feels dirty to me after feeling pressured to raid as that during WoD XD).

Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

Assuming your Artifact Knowledge is rolling, I figure 6-9 months in, if you do even a few WQ a day and a daily heroic, you'll have so much Artifact Power that you can max your stuff out. Maybe it'll be a year. I'm not worried personally about trying to max them since they ramp so high. Apparently content isn't designed around having max Artifacts.

Like others though, the completionist in my wants to, and its the main reason I don't dabble in other specs. If I switch spec to a much weaker weapon (both in terms of traits and relics), I just can't handle it lol That being said, it doesn't bother me on my hunter much because I normally stick to one spec. On my DK however, I'm a bit worried. I am frequently switching between DPS and Tank.